Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2022, 05:10 AM   #433
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

Downloaded the game while I was sleeping. I’m still laying in bed with crust in my eyes, holding the phone up in the air above my face to write this.

This is the most beautiful/realistic looking sports game ever created. And that’s with me still 33.3% asleep. I just wanted to rush and write this while I’m still blown away and excited about the game.

I kind of like this default camera too, but it would take some getting used to in order to use it for sure.
Old 09-10-2022, 05:50 AM   #434
MVP

OVR: 8

Old 09-10-2022, 06:00 AM   #435
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Hmmm. Those vague ones are always a worry .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 06:10 AM   #436
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
I've noticed a LOT of animation abnormalities. Just random little things that don't change how the game plays, but it just looks janky and "off". Hopefully these are covered by some of those vague fixes.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:17 AM   #437
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I've noticed a LOT of animation abnormalities. Just random little things that don't change how the game plays, but it just looks janky and "off". Hopefully these are covered by some of those vague fixes.

“You rang?!?!”

NBA 2K23 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD
Old 09-10-2022, 06:18 AM   #438
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Few things I noticed one game after the patch. The shot meter changed and interior defense is better. I did not see any forcing/blow-by to the rim by the CPU.

Last edited by coolcras7; 09-10-2022 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:44 AM   #439
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Fact is every new 2K is gonna feel more alien to you. If you really want to see if it works for you, it takes a big investment of time and repetition to acclimate your muscle memory which is so used to 2K20. It took me a long time to get used to all the controls.

To s activate Jordan’s dribble moves you have to tap the right stick in directions. Try tapping it left over and over again, then at different speeds. Do the same things right, up, down, etc. Then start tapping it side to side or up than in repetition at different speeds. It’s kind of random in what move activates but it’ll start to figure it out.
Dude - thank you. Finally got it going. It's a little cumbersome, as it's essentially stick mashing from left to right over and over again, but again, thanks.

Just gotta get used to the different mechanics of trying to get past defenders now. I've never been a big turbo user, but am finding it seems to be the only way to get blow bys (I don;t wanna put on an 'and 1' show for MJ just to beat a defender - just a few hesi's, couple of dribbles then go)
Old 09-10-2022, 06:50 AM   #440
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Just got the game and played one half. No real impressions other than to say I can’t shoot at all. Wow this feels hard beyond being rusty. Game has a different feel.

I will say I HATE all the takeover icons on the screen. The last two years with the QTE dunk stuff and now this? It’s hideous on screen. Would much prefer something cleaner. With the only option to turn absolutely everything off including my player icon circle I would like to see a middle ground here.

Pistons roster rotation and even positions are poorly done. Cade is the PG, Ivey the SG. Guys like Livers and Killian (who is not a SG) aren’t even in the rotation.

How do I play an exhibition Era game? If I choose two classic teams I still get the normal presentation. I’d like the check out the announcers and filters. What am I missing?

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 09-10-2022 at 07:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »