Home

Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

This is a discussion on Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #97
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Seems like a guy is literally reading my inputs
It's been like that for years. It does ruin the isolation game a little bit; even with someone like Kyrie against a slow center.

The more I've played, the more I notice the unnecessary movements the CPU makes on both sides of the ball. Let me start by saying that the AI is wayyyy better this year than it has been in the past. But oftentimes it feels like they are moving just to be moving; there's no purpose to it, and it tends to crowd the lanes and ruin the flow of the offense. Too often I see 4-5 guys in the paint out of the 10 on the court.

They've made a ton of strides, and the AI is considerably better and definitely heading in the right direction. Now they just need to focus on all five guys reading the floor and not moving in a way that hinders the play. I would also like to see more urgency when moving on offense. It feels like it takes way too long for plays to develop still, and it's almost impossible to run a second play if the first one breaks down, solely because it takes too long for guys to get moving.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #98
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm an offline gamer, so I know for me, the improvements in CPU AI have made 2K15 a nice re-boot of the 2K series for me. The 360/PS3 games were good but the CPU certainly became repetitive after a while.

I'm playing a MyLeague with the Hornets and I've run across a couple of teams twice in my schedule already. In the past these teams would play you the same way each time but in 2K15, I noticed a team like Golden State play a slightly different offensive style and focus on other players (likely due to my defensive settings), while on defense, they were doing some interesting things that I didn't see in the first game, like having the wing defender front the post, preventing my guard from getting the ball to Jefferson on the block.

That's a nice strategy adjustment that you never saw last gen.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been having a pretty frustrating experience playing the CPU. I'm playing a MyLeague franchise with the Wizards and I find it extremely difficult to pass into the paint without getting a turnover. I had to lower the difficulty from Superstar to Allstar and my passes are still getting intercepted. However, this doesn't happen to the CPU, so I rarely get steals from the passing lane (they all come on ball). Because of my passing problem, I'm forced to rely on jump shooting, but the Wizards aren't a team that takes a lot of 3pts shot and it's killing my game. Can't get putback dunks or offensive boards because the CPU is perfect at boxing out every single time. Anyone with suggestions?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #100
Banned

Chillvillain, I know there is passing involved with pick and rolls at times, but with John walls speed I would suggest running PNRs/pick and pops with nene and gortat. As long as sliders are ok, u should be able to get to the rim for lay ups and fouls a lot with Wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #101
Rookie

Vaselkov's Arena

With good sliders CPU is really fun to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #102
MVP

Well, i'm probably gonna finally buy 2k15 today(used of course), i'm interested to see if the AI is as improved as i'm hearing. Seems the general consensus is that the AI is at least somewhat improved.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #103
Rookie

I had a lot of trouble against the AI at first. I blew out the other team every game on Pro, and I got blown out every game on All Star, and I couldn't find a balance with the sliders. I finally tried SimWorld's realistic sliders V. 2 (you can find them in the sliders forum), and man what a world of difference. I get VERY realistic box scores using these sliders, and the games ebb and flow perfectly. Good teams feel like good teams, bad teams feel like bad teams. Against an evenly matched team I have to really try, and I see a lot of great overtime thrillers. Funny that SimWorld suggests you use the Superstar difficulty, and I'm having competitive games with realistic outcomes, whereas before I was losing everything on All Star. I'd highly recommend anybody to check out those sliders.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #104
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillVillain
I've been having a pretty frustrating experience playing the CPU. I'm playing a MyLeague franchise with the Wizards and I find it extremely difficult to pass into the paint without getting a turnover. I had to lower the difficulty from Superstar to Allstar and my passes are still getting intercepted. However, this doesn't happen to the CPU, so I rarely get steals from the passing lane (they all come on ball). Because of my passing problem, I'm forced to rely on jump shooting, but the Wizards aren't a team that takes a lot of 3pts shot and it's killing my game. Can't get putback dunks or offensive boards because the CPU is perfect at boxing out every single time. Anyone with suggestions?
I play as the Wizards in MyLeague, and I had the same issues at first, but I think it comes down to learning how to use the team. Gortat is a pick and roll monster, so use that to your advantage with Wall or Pierce, somebody who can finish at the basket. I only fed the post to Nene every once in a while, I wouldn't really expect him to put up a lot of points. Also, don't underestimate Bradley Beal's ability to create his own shot; run some isolation with him and just try to get some separation for a jumper. Don't always have him sitting on the perimeter waiting for a 3 because that's unsustainable. Don't forget to crash the boards with your bigs, especially Khris Humphries who sucks up rebounds like a vacuum, but don't try a lot of putbacks. If you get an offensive rebound, kick it back out to the perimeter and reset your offense. Also, add some mid range shot plays to your playbook to run with Beal and Otto Porter, just to keep the AI guessing.

I put up big scoring numbers with Wall and Beal. Your bread and butter weapon on offense is going to be the pick and roll, and once you establish that you can branch out. Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »