Home

I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

This is a discussion on I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #89
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

The 2k dev team year's back said that All Star is the most realistic setting when it comes to AI. Superstar and above difficulty uses cpu attribute bumps to increase the difficulty.

So stop using Superstar and just use All star with slider adjustments to increase the difficulty.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #90
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The 2k dev team year's back said that All Star is the most realistic setting when it comes to AI. Superstar and above difficulty uses cpu attribute bumps to increase the difficulty.

So stop using Superstar and just use All star with slider adjustments to increase the difficulty.
Da_Czar also said this year's game was tuned for gameplay on SS/SIM. If what he says is true, one should expect the closest to intended play to be at this level. I feel it is but I'm just saying, perhaps it is time to use SS/SIM as the standard.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #91
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

If this is true then why not make All-Star the highest difficulty setting? This is a sports-simulation so the most difficult setting should be the closest to real basketball. Leave the CPU attribute boosts and all that other cheesy stuff to shooters and arcade games. Pretty simple to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Da_Czar also said this year's game was tuned for gameplay on SS/SIM. If what he says is true, one should expect the closest to intended play to be at this level. I feel it is but I'm just saying, perhaps it is time to use SS/SIM as the standard.
Tbis is what i thought he said also. Every allstar game ive tried ill start with a 10-20pt. Lead. Eventually they make a few runs but lose by 10.

Ill try some allstar sliders today. Only thing ive changed is fouls and 3pt tendency. New born in the house dont have alot of tinkering time.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #93
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Last night i played against the cavs. Lebron hit about 10 fadeaways near the baseline. Atleast 6 went through the backboard. Watching players shift just enough so players can finish the animation.

We would've believed your point without the exaggeration man, lol
Old 10-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #94
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese86
If this is true then why not make All-Star the highest difficulty setting? This is a sports-simulation so the most difficult setting should be the closest to real basketball. Leave the CPU attribute boosts and all that other cheesy stuff to shooters and arcade games. Pretty simple to me.
Because not everyone cares that much about "simulation". Most people are willing to allow some cheesy things to happen in exchange for an easier way to increase the difficulty.

For people like you who are sticklers about "simulation" you would be better suited by playing at a lower difficulty level with slider tweaks specific to the issues you see.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #95
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Tbis is what i thought he said also. Every allstar game ive tried ill start with a 10-20pt. Lead. Eventually they make a few runs but lose by 10.

Ill try some allstar sliders today. Only thing ive changed is fouls and 3pt tendency. New born in the house dont have alot of tinkering time.
I have a 6 mos old so I understand but there isnt a lot of tinkering to be done. The only issue I havent been able to resolve is the lack of fouls. Everything else is resolved or severely minimized by raising or lowering sliders a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
We would've believed your point without the exaggeration man, lol
Sorry im a story teller but i took steam pics of a few of them. It actually happens on all fadeaways towards the baseline. Have about 4 of lebron and a few from lance stephenson.

Cpu just disrespectful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »