Home

I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

This is a discussion on I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 02:19 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

I think people are missing the OP's point and posting that the game is perfectly challenging.

He's basically saying to take a step back and realize if you're a scrub and that's why you're getting dominated. Not just because you were good at HOF last year.

There are legitimate game play mechanics that need addressing. HOF can be amazing with just a few tweaks. But there needs to be tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 02:29 AM   #42
Banned

Ya bunch of durty sinners!!
Old 10-16-2014, 03:04 AM   #43
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

The sentiments of the OP apply to all offline modes including MyCareer. This year's version has a lot different from the proceeding year's offering. Online, there are universal problems that this upcoming patch hopefully should resolve.

We should all look in the mirror and ask ourselves if were playing up to par and jumping in feet first at the hardest difficulties is something that most of us should reconsider.

The gameplay was tuned at the SS/SIM level, so that is where you should begin to piece things together. Play a few games, expecting nothing, then go from there. At SS/SIM you will have to be on your game on every possession but if you are you should gain the experience the devs intended you to have.

Pride and/or stubbornness lead us to believe we are always on our game, even when we are not, for whatever reason. None of us are the CPU so expecting us to be so is not very realistic. If we are real with ourselves and allow for the fact that we need to relearn the finer points of balling in 2K we all will be better off for it.

As an example: One of the ways I sabotage myself is that I hold the x button down too much when shooting or attempting to defend. In years past, this did nothing but this year it makes me intentionally foul my matchup. I've killed my own momentum so many times doing this, I now laugh at myself when I do it - even if I'm cursing at the same time.

All the offline modes are valid for critique and there are tweaks that should be made (shot vs kickout ai decisions after rebounds is but one example) but nothing is broken, preventing anyone from playing the game. Online has truly broken things which this upcoming patch is set to address and that is why what I'm saying in this post does not apply to online play.

Once these truly broken things are fixed online, expect a lot of complaining threads complaining about the gameplay - all I ask is: Before responding in those threads, for or against what is being said, look in the mirror and make sure you were "on your game" when playing that day.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:14 AM   #44
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

I love OS for this reason. You have hardcore dudes that only care about authenticity and the big picture. If there are thousands of people able to beat the game playing sim ball, then somewhere in the equation, if you can't, then you're lacking somewhere. Hell, I am one of those people that struggle to beat AS/Sim. So it's not arrogance. I admit I'm not as good as the next guy. I don't blame the warts of the game for my shortcoming and I recognize that sometimes, I revert to video gaming the game. So who am I to whine about an AI that forces up a shot in a crowd after a rebound? Maybe I should get the rebound? Or maybe block or contest that putback better. It's been done plenty of times. So it's possible.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:36 AM   #45
Just started!

Currently playing All Star/Default

Losing every 4 games as the Bucks. I can't run the plays since.. a lot of times a player gets "stuck" the shot timer is running out and forces a badshot.

Coach directive just says "Run the offense through you" But I can't get my own shots.. I need to work on my spacing for better shots!

That said, Im not loweinrg the difficulty and whining about the losses. Most of the losses were my fault for trying too hard to shoot. The game kinda tells you when you're doing too much of a bad thing via that blue circle on your feet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 05:53 AM   #46
Rookie

OP is dead on. I think part of the problem is that there is a likely hood that people who complain about the game this way also play any other game with the same attitude.
Competitiveness overtakes the players ability to appreciate the nuances of the game, maybe a diet of early titles that play in more arcade style have become the expectation, I'm guessing we all know how much fun it was to play the first NBA street.
The issue could be the lack of decent titles these days that offer an alternative, I can remember rotating both Live and street titles and enjoying the difference between the two styles. Add the sense of entitlement that today's games encourage, offering so many different modes, and the accessibility to aspects of gaming we never had in such abundance, then you have the recipe for an element of gamers that may not have something as simple as patience.
Just my opinion, but I preferred it when we didn't have so much choice, imagination powered my matchup choices, I would be excited to check out the
Latest trade information, and get home to adjust my rosters, now we get updates, so for me it is these areas that some people may take for granted.
In conclusion I feel that the combination of higher expectations, and choice available that stops people taking the time to learn the game, gone are the days of sitting on the can with an instruction manual
Just my thoughts, peace.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:06 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
"the sliders are broken"

im sorry you got the one game where there isnt a issue with a few sliders you could specify, but the sliders as a whole are plain broken. unfortunate.
So you are saying their is nothing wrong with the CPU putback tendency off of offensive rebounds? Your saying that AI teammates are using solid basketball fundamentals by boxing out rather than having me babysit them under the basket?
Old 10-16-2014, 06:15 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
So why not tweak the sliders for a more competitive all star level base for yourself?

Did you use the POE's? Did you adjust to hide your teams weakness? Did you try to take away the Warriors strength?

I've found that everytime I've lost so far to be on me, not the CPU cheating but me relaxing and coasting, not adjusting and forcing the issue instead of taking what the CPU is giving me.

Take this game for example, I tried to play a high pace game against the Nuggets, when I should of slowed the tempo down and took better shots instead of trying to beat them at their own game/strength.

Their bench depth, blazers lack of depth and my turnovers resulted in my lost, not some system out to cheat me.

Use the tools available to you at all times!

I swear all they need to do is fix the fouls, offensive rebound putbacks, three point attempts, stats overlays/player of the game and not go backwards an dum the game down for the frustrated crew that refuse to adjust and play basketball instead of video games.
The general assumption you are making is that I am not using all the tools; I am. No tool in the world is going to help prevent shot clock cheese when curry is hitting turn around threes in my face. Or when there is a lose ball how all my AI teammates seem lost as to what to do. OR when I play 23 seconds of good D forcing a bad shot and david lee skies out of position to grab the board and get a easy two before I can even react. Heck there was even a time when ben maclomore came down with a rebound and the ball morphed out of his hand to draymond greens who then got a and-1. Please tell me whats the POE to prevent these things from happening?

Last edited by GOGO head ray; 10-16-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: added

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »