Home

Freelance and Plays wishlist

This is a discussion on Freelance and Plays wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #49
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Freelance and Plays wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I would love the playbooks be able to be Placed in Order of Which plays will be ran the most or are the Core of the Offense? Meaning if SG 3pt Plays are more important than SF 3pt Play will they be able to be placed with a Higher Priority? And for instance IF that SG should get say the Top 5 plays in the Playbook(3pt, Guard Post Up, etc) can those be made as the Top 5 plays in the Teams Playbooks? This would be an alternate to making the Plays Specific to each Player, but instead have the Priority for the Offense to Run those Plays 1st.
Really, just the ability to manually order or reorder the plays as they appear, not just in the playbook, but in each player's playbook screen would be awesome.

Would it be possible to untie the playbook play order from the players' playbooks, so that the master playbook just defines the data set of plays available for each player on the team, and then plays can assigned to the individual player screens manually, or at least edited, assigning them to slots on each page?
Old 03-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #50
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Apologies, as I don't have much to contribute in the way of Freelance options or plays, and I realize that this is more than likely not within your realm Czar. But my query is in regards to play calling itself with the hopes that calling plays can revert back to L1(Bumper on XBone) and then the face buttons to call the actual play. As it stands now, it's cumbersome using the D-Pad while you're in action. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think about it every single time I play the game. I can't for the life of me understand what the purpose was for that move(perhaps to reduce inadvertant button presses?).

Either way, thank you for the hard work you've put into the game, it definitely shows my man. Kudos.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 03-30-2015, 02:01 PM   #51
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Czar,

1. Is this possible to have a play type tendency under each player by percentages like Synergy breaks it down? So that plays are occurring based of what they actually do. I think it needs to be tied to players not sure if there is space

2. Is it also possible to give say a high, medium, low scale, never to say which plays within a given play out of a play type get priority. I know the 1,2,3, 4 play type have a roll but this would give you more control.

So that you could assign a play type to a player but then decide which plays should be ran more frequently within the play type. This way you could assign a play type to a player but only want a few plays to really be ran. Maybe not possible but I am not sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #52
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Apologies, as I don't have much to contribute in the way of Freelance options or plays, and I realize that this is more than likely not within your realm Czar. But my query is in regards to play calling itself with the hopes that calling plays can revert back to L1(Bumper on XBone) and then the face buttons to call the actual play. As it stands now, it's cumbersome using the D-Pad while you're in action. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think about it every single time I play the game. I can't for the life of me understand what the purpose was for that move(perhaps to reduce inadvertant button presses?).

Either way, thank you for the hard work you've put into the game, it definitely shows my man. Kudos.
Thank you. I hate that also . The move to the dpad was a solution for a different config choice that was not related to plays at all. Sometimes another part of the game has priority when it comes to button configs. So a lower priority use item can sometimes get the short end of the stick as it were.

Not set it stone yet but i hope to at least get it off the dpad
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 04-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #53
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0

Big thanks to big czar for being active and at least hearing out our gripes and wishes. I had another wish for the play calling interface, instead off sorting thru pages and pages to find a specific play, could play types be added to the procees same as player select? . Ex. If i want to run a post up for melo i bring up play call menue, then select melo by pressing square from the poition sub menue. I can then push say square again in a playtype sub menue which would then show me all his post plays ONLY. I think this would save time going thru pages and theres nothing worse then pushing the button 1 too many time trying to get to a page 5 play then having to go thru all thepages again. I know it takes seconds but we only get 24 to play with. Anther thing id like to bring up for discussion is being able to specify the smart play. If the proposed playtype menue appears before position menue. It would be nice if you could use smart play after selecting play type at any time in the playcalling menue. If i got my POE to feed the post but for whatever reason i want a 3 point attempt but dont really care who. i can bring up the menue call 3 point play and then hold L1? To run a random 3point play. Or if i select the type of play, and then the player squre for sf or what ever, again i have the option to press (L1) to call a random 3 point play for that specified player. Sorry for the giant block just trying to share my thoughts on how to improve the game we all love

Last edited by City_foxx; 04-01-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #54
Rookie

The Pistons could really use an updated playbook. I can't really find any videos though, sorry. But if you could just take a look it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #55
Rookie

Peace and Good afternoon

While a bunch of supersets would be welcomed. I think more read and react to the players actual hot spots would be a thing of beauty. Too often Center are still roaming at the three point lines. The programming should reflect where the player takes shots from. Those that are cutters should cut. Those that are spot up shooters should roam again to there hot spots.

This should happen more for real. Mismatch awareness. If Shaun Livingston how made a killing in the paint this and last year has a size mismatch he and someone like Andre Miller should be able to exploit that. And for the love of all thats holy. Lets get some speed difference for real. I get annoyed with some players who dont hustle in real games being allowed to be chase down artists in high difficulty levels.

But back to the subject. More read and react IQ, more its in the game action from players and more quick plays for Each Player. Post up, Off Screen, Isolation, Dive in for each player. Madden Audibles if you will.

Thanks for reading
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 09:42 PM   #56
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree 100% with the flex offense being added as a freelance. I would also like to see more high post handoff plays if possible

PSN: TheDom45

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »