Home

MyLeague Online Discussion (Great dev post kickoff)

This is a discussion on MyLeague Online Discussion (Great dev post kickoff) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2015, 03:39 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: MyLeague Online Discussion (Great dev post kickoff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
One thing I doubt would work for progressions/regressions is if you were able to save rosters in an offline myleague. Basically make the same trades in an offline my lg and import those into a 2nd league. It would be hard to manage free agency but it's possible if you could save those rosters. This isn't ideal but it could work. I have been brainstorming how to get around the lack of offseason and this is something I came up with. I'm sure there will be better ideas but this might be a good start...

Yea that's exactly what i've been thinking right before i went to sleep, so this brings us the very important question of;

- Is it possible to export the Roster of a season in MyLeague Offline with that we can import that Roster directly to our Online Custom Roster for ongoing seasons.
I would highly appreciate if we get it answered.

If that will be possible (it would be dope if possible!) i suggest every Online League Commisioner can impact not only regress/progress of players but also Generated Rookie Draft or even better add custom Draft Rookies(real) to your Offline MyLeague and have a real draft in there and then Export to Online Second or third seasons!

Woww don't you think this would be great!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 04:03 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

First time hearing developers confirm that some features are not going to be in the game this year. Thank you for being this open with the community!

Something that I'm still missing in the OA's is the ability to practice more with your players. Not only freestyle like this year. Bring back post moves practice and maybe some shooting drills. Playbook practice would be great too!!

Maybe some kind of team chemistry too.

Last edited by setis; 08-21-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:09 AM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Yea that's exactly what i've been thinking right before i went to sleep, so this brings us the very important question of;

- Is it possible to export the Roster of a season in MyLeague Offline with that we can import that Roster directly to our Online Custom Roster for ongoing seasons.
I would highly appreciate if we get it answered.

If that will be possible (it would be dope if possible!) i suggest every Online League Commisioner can impact not only regress/progress of players but also Generated Rookie Draft or even better add custom Draft Rookies(real) to your Offline MyLeague and have a real draft in there and then Export to Online Second or third seasons!

Woww don't you think this would be great!!!!

I like the sound of this but im trying to think how it would work. Im not too familiar with importing rosters but lets say you play a MyLeague online season with, say, 5 human controlled teams and the other 25 teams AI controlled. Whats the chances that you manage to get an offline MyLeague to go in anyway the same? I suppose you could control the trades for the human controlled teams on both but no way the AI is going to make the same trades. Or am I missing something obvious? Its a great idea to be able to have the free agents and draft picks sorted, but theres also a likelihood that teams finish differently in the conferences which alters draft picks etc.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:54 AM   #84
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrav15
I like the sound of this but im trying to think how it would work. Im not too familiar with importing rosters but lets say you play a MyLeague online season with, say, 5 human controlled teams and the other 25 teams AI controlled. Whats the chances that you manage to get an offline MyLeague to go in anyway the same? I suppose you could control the trades for the human controlled teams on both but no way the AI is going to make the same trades. Or am I missing something obvious? Its a great idea to be able to have the free agents and draft picks sorted, but theres also a likelihood that teams finish differently in the conferences which alters draft picks etc.

I can see you're not familiar, i'll try to explain as simpler as it gets;
- MyLeague Online let's you "Export" your current Roster in your league after finals finished(that's what i understood in terms of when and how by devs explanation)
-So after your season finished you have the ability export and then import that OL Roster to MyLeague Offline Mode. Here you just off all trades in the season of your league customization so you make sure every team will end the season with the same roster.
-Then you make sure that you control every team and end the league as the way your Online Season standings ended (simplest way to do is shortened the season games14 matches ) Easy peasy!
-At the end of this season creating all equal to your Online Season you'll have regression/progression of players. Identical or not it's what it is.
-Finally you progress to draft and share those players with your league coaches via Roster or Twitch Stream or etc. Anything is possible!
-They select or you select for them and voila you have set your second seasons roster all in !

* Tricky part is the question of whether exporting Roster from MyLeague Offline is possible?? Hopefully one of the devs would respond that.
- And the cherry pick on that if exporting roster offline possible would be to import real draft roster to your end season Online League Roster and apply the season in Offline League and have real drafts in and Export to your Online League season 2!!

Woww that's what brainstorming is by being an Online League Commisioner for years!! Yeaa!!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:23 AM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I can see you're not familiar, i'll try to explain as simpler as it gets;
- MyLeague Online let's you "Export" your current Roster in your league after finals finished(that's what i understood in terms of when and how by devs explanation)
-So after your season finished you have the ability export and then import that OL Roster to MyLeague Offline Mode. Here you just off all trades in the season of your league customization so you make sure every team will end the season with the same roster.
-Then you make sure that you control every team and end the league as the way your Online Season standings ended (simplest way to do is shortened the season games14 matches ) Easy peasy!
-At the end of this season creating all equal to your Online Season you'll have regression/progression of players. Identical or not it's what it is.
-Finally you progress to draft and share those players with your league coaches via Roster or Twitch Stream or etc. Anything is possible!
-They select or you select for them and voila you have set your second seasons roster all in !

* Tricky part is the question of whether exporting Roster from MyLeague Offline is possible?? Hopefully one of the devs would respond that.
- And the cherry pick on that if exporting roster offline possible would be to import real draft roster to your end season Online League Roster and apply the season in Offline League and have real drafts in and Export to your Online League season 2!!

Woww that's what brainstorming is by being an Online League Commisioner for years!! Yeaa!!

Ahhhh, ok, ok, I understand, I didn't realise you could export from the online league, surely though if you can do it from online you can do it from offline leagues too?

The one thing I cant quite understand though, if you choose to control all 30 teams in the offline MyLeague and then choose the minimum amount of games you can play in a season, how can you guarantee each team finishes the season the same way as your online league? Wont you still have to play each game to make sure?

Sorry for the dumb questions, you did say easy peasy so im sure you have a simple way to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #86
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
One thing I doubt would work for progressions/regressions is if you were able to save rosters in an offline myleague. Basically make the same trades in an offline my lg and import those into a 2nd league. It would be hard to manage free agency but it's possible if you could save those rosters. This isn't ideal but it could work. I have been brainstorming how to get around the lack of offseason and this is something I came up with. I'm sure there will be better ideas but this might be a good start...
The ability to export an OFFLINE myleague roster, complete with regression and progression would be the most effective way of bridging the gap from 16 to 17 without an automated offseason. Last year, my league admins and I would spend hours upon hours manually inputting the progression and regression ratings data that we obtained from a simmed offline myleague into our Online League custom roster. Imagine how tedious that was with all the individual attribute ratings that are affected by progressions and regressions, and the matter of their being 30 teams of data entry. See an example with the video below. We had to do 30 videos for 30 teams with manual inputs of these progressions and regressions ratings.

https://youtu.be/jNMdoWvEbP8

So the process would involve these steps. First import the end of season roster into an offline myleague. Second, allow us to download draft classes being shared on 2kshare that will allow us to use real life rookies for the ensuing seasons. Last year, I had to pay roster makers on OS to make draft classes that were included into the Free Agent pool in order to make them available in our league because 2k inexplicably keeps draft class downloads separate from official rosters. Third, after importing the end of season roster AND the draft class roster into the offline myleague, we would be allowed to sim a season, and extract the progressed/regressed roster that the offline myleague spits out via an export roster feature. Finally, we would simply be able to upload the roster into Myleague Online to play multiple seasons in this fashion.

Dealing with the draft and Free Agency would be left up to each individual league with house rules and league rules about how they would govern that aspect of the offseason. In a nutshell, an export roster feature in offline myleague would be the best way to bridge the gap with the ability to extend this mode with multiple seasons. This is the best way to entice users in a league to take on rebuilding teams with the hope of turning them around due to the veteran teams regressing in subsequent seasons and the youthful teams progressing and thus evening the playing field across the league.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 08-21-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:13 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
The ability to export an OFFLINE myleague roster, complete with regression and progression would be the most effective way of bridging the gap from 16 to 17 without an automated offseason. Last year, my league admins and I would spend hours upon hours manually inputting the progression and regression ratings data that we obtained from a simmed offline myleague into our Online League custom roster. Imagine how tedious that was with all the individual attribute ratings that are affected by progressions and regressions, and the matter of their being 30 teams of data entry. See an example with the video below. We had to do 30 videos for 30 teams with manual inputs of these progressions and regressions ratings.

https://youtu.be/jNMdoWvEbP8

So the process would involve these steps. First import the end of season roster into an offline myleague. Second, allow us to download draft classes being shared on 2kshare that will allow us to use real life rookies for the ensuing seasons. Last year, I had to pay roster makers on OS to make draft classes that were included into the Free Agent pool in order to make them available in our league because 2k inexplicably keeps draft class downloads separate from official rosters. Third, after importing the end of season roster AND the draft class roster into the offline myleague, we would be allowed to sim a season, and extract the progressed/regressed roster that the offline myleague spits out via an export roster feature. Finally, we would simply be able to upload the roster into Myleague Online to play multiple seasons in this fashion.

Dealing with the draft and Free Agency would be left up to each individual league with house rules and league rules about how they would govern that aspect of the offseason. In a nutshell, an export roster feature in offline myleague would be the best way to bridge the gap with the ability to extend this mode with multiple seasons. This is the best way to entice users in a league to take on rebuilding teams with the hope of turning them around due to the veteran teams regressing in subsequent seasons and the youthful teams progressing and thus evening the playing field across the league.

This explanation made much more sense. Thanks for this. I didn't realise it was possible to import 2 rosters into one league. I assumed one roster would just override the other.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #88
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrav15
This explanation made much more sense. Thanks for this. I didn't realise it was possible to import 2 rosters into one league. I assumed one roster would just override the other.
As of now, you cannot import 2 rosters into an online league. The offline myleague allows for 2, one being the official league custom roster, and the other being the draft class roster. We are advocating that 2k allow the same for myleague online. As it is, the tedious workaround was to ADD the created draft class rookies into the official custom roster via the FA pool before uploading it into the the online league.

If this cannot be patched in for 2k16 via an expansion of the custom roster upload feature, we are throwing out the idea of 2k allowing for an offline myleague roster export feature. This would allow us to extract a simulated season that includes progressions and regressions for upload into subsequent Online Association seasons. In a nutshell, we are looking for ways to make less tedious, the ability to extend this mode far in the future with multiple seasons. Hope that makes sense.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »