Home

What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

This is a discussion on What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #33
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Damn i thought you went AWOL from 2k when Czars radio show stopped LOL

1. defensive player movement during online play

2. recovery speed of defenders too fast making zones more effective than man defense to guard 3pt shooters.

3. Shot blockers/rim protectors ignored. Dwight and Jordan might as well be benched in 2k15 cause they arent protecting the rim even with their high contest shot tendencies. They are most likely to get dunked on anyways by smaller players.

4. "magnetic/glue" on ball defensive animation making guys like korver elite defenders when using controlled. All you have to do is put defensive assist at 100 put chest on ball handler.

5. removal of baseline dunk animations that cant be defended. In 2k15 KD is better than vince carter in his prime when going baseline. Every defender in his path falls over.

6. Midrange jumper effectiveness. Patch 4 ruined defensive strategy. to where Rondo had to be feared on the perimeter. Mike Wang stated that this has been address but i need to see it to believe.

I will just stop right there for now. I think OG and Czar have addressed these issues.
That right there. I'm not going to try to say that the defensive movement was perfect because it definitely needs work. BUT ... I did like the fact that people weren't able to instantly recover. In year's past, people could roam with guys like Lebron and double the post, stop the drive, play the passing lanes, and contest the outside jumper all at once. In 2K15, you had to pick your poison defensively much more than in year's past. Team Up games especially became much more about ball movement, help defense, and teamwork in order to succeed.

Hopefully they find a way to give us the best of both worlds in 2K16. Responsive defensive movement without the overpowered recovery speed.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:06 AM   #34
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolkmania
I'm not trying to play as the devil's advocate, but what exactly do you guys mean with "real defensive footplanting", can you give me some YouTube footage? Because what I understand is that the defender doesn't feel responsive? Personally I don't have this problem at all, 7/10 times my CPU opponent scores less than 95 points in a 12 min quarter game. Defense feels quite good, maybe to the point that defense is too good, but I will come back later to that with my main reason. If a defender closes out, he SHOULD be penalized and be vulnerable for a potential slash of the wing player or guard. Maybe I just misunderstood the situation you guys adressed, in that case I would like some enlightenment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdCkSww1D9g

Good question. This is something that should be clarified. The only reason "zig zag" cheese works is because of the poor implementation of defensive momentum, foot planting and change of direction. Whether a player is closing out, using turbo, feathering the stick or using the modifiers, it's all subpar right now. At this point defense is much more about manipulating contact than controlling space.

In every single competitive game, controlling space is the number 1 factor. 2k defense needs to be less about finding sweet spots that trigger animations and more about the simplicity of space control as well as the agility of real NBA players.

Keep 'em coming, OS! I'm reading every post and will get as much of it in as possible on the show. Don't worry about repeating someone else's hopes/concerns. It's really helpful to know what we all agree on.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

- No more unnecessary cutting, whether it's towards the ball handler or it's inside the 3 point line. They mess up spacing and sacrifice good scoring opportunities.

- Let me able to override the play art 'script' by being able to directionally pass to the 'wrong' player (especially necessary against human opponents)

- Enough of the offensive player running over the defender and nothing being called.

- Enough of any offensive player, regardless of how much of an offensive threat they actually are, being able to consistently draw fouls at the free throw line area.

- No more baseline garbage. It currently means you can't play Ice against any ball handler who's a good dunker. It also allows people, who aren't properly aligned to the basket to even attempt a dunk, do some reverse baseline 180 tomahawk nonsense. Also get rid of the forcefields. It seems like you make them stronger ever year.

- Regarding Ice, I currently don't understand why it's in the same setting as "Go over/under (screen)". It should be in a different setting called "Defend Pick".

- Let us break out of the animations that play out when we're being tightly defended bring up the ball from our own half, much earlier.

- Allow us to do what you promised we could do in 2K12 (even though it didn't work) and set a play from an inbounds during a timeout, which is especially useful for clutch situations.

- Bring back practice play mode and allow us to practice inbound plays.

- Alley-oops are way too effective.

- Me using the right stick as defense against a post player shouldn't be getting fouls called nearly all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #36
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolkmania

3. Players movement, my biggest concern. I want to see an explicit difference between players like Westbrook and e.g. Hibbert, guards should be able to blast past static big men. Hell, even in transition I can't see a clear difference.
This is huge. When a 90+ speed guy can hardly blow past a slow center on the break, what is the point? Or when a big catches a PG from behind and cuts him off, or gets close enough to trigger some sort of animation and the break is completely stopped. What? Yeah, hoping this is worked on for this year.

I will wait on My Player before going into to much detail, but I'm hoping the actual game play is much more balanced. Tired of having to score 50+ every game just so my team will win. Also, it loses so much when it is possible to dominate when your player is still rated in the 70's. And the higher you move up the difficulty, it just seemed to make your CPU team mates more and more worthless.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #37
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Ball tracking and defense at the rim. I would like the defender to take the proper angle when contesting shots and not take himself out of the play. The stronger interior defenders need to 'win' more interactions at the rim period. The offensive player should feel that wall and it should more often than not result in a heavily contested shot and miss by the less talented finishers.

With this, there needs to be a lot less bail out fouls in these situations where the defender is just holding his ground...I rather foul #'s be on the lower side than be artificially boosted this way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #38
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

If I could sum up most of these them all trace back to some level of realistic or better physics implementation and controlling players

Lack of contact
Foot planting
agility momentum
movement off ball and closeouts

I am still waiting for something simple like being able to hard closeout and due to my hard closeout I am completely out of the play. The offense should be able to hit me with an escape dribble or pumpfake and blow by me.

The other thing I hope for is a realistic reaction time by the CPU controlled players on some level. Sometimes it is physics related but it seems more about creating artificial difficulty. You ever force a turnover and the CPU has reacted so fast. I hope what I saw from Gamescom is some improvement in that area.

I would also love to see a chance of out of control layups. The layups that get triggered are layups you would take as if the lane is open.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:29 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

That would be one of the good threads so before reading all posts thru which i will later first i would like to express my thoughts on necessary improvements.

1- ONLINE Stability all over the world, not just America please.
2- Better Footplanting; the movements is whole lot more sluggish then the old gen, i mean come on we should be going forward not backwards (check 2k14 old-gen)
3- Varied outcomes under the rim, on the rim which means better/more varied rim/ball interaction
4- Defense that actually matter on the perimeter as well as in the paint.
5- More lifelike blocks (see 2k11)
6- No more sluggish controls, fe bringing the ball up the court we shouldn't be loosing control of our players direction!
7- Much much better spacing and please no more fast recovery please!
8- No input lag

That's all thanks for listening to us.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #40
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Pro Am:
1.Will positions matter ?
2. Will everyone still be an all around player or are there types similar to live 16.
3. Will baseline dunks be toned down.
4. Better tracking on steals and blocks.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »