Home

What Exactly makes it where a player just walks off their man?

This is a discussion on What Exactly makes it where a player just walks off their man? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2016, 06:49 PM   #41
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What Exactly makes it where a player just walks off their man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Mirotic on Parsons? That's a murder 😭
Haha Mirotic I think because his low rating on defense that's why you see him running into the paint like that.

One of the things I'd like to see is just different additions to the defensive settings. With a more clear definition of what each thing does. Especially stunning and returning to a shooter. (Especially off the corner shooters). Make offense players react and make a decision. Some guys drive in the lane with no intention of scoring in the paint. They look to pull that wing defender for the wide open 3.

And again I'm not saying the rotation is bad thing. Like said before. That's what every NBA team does. And you should be able to tell which players to rotate off of. Just like it was earlier in the game cycle (before the patches).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2016, 06:50 PM   #42
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
What I hate.... Is hat every team does this.

All you have to do is run a pick and roll and the wing defender will always come off his man. Watch as I know it's going to happen smh.

You should be able to stop that guy from leaving his man. But defensive settings are all missed up.
Great share.

This is actually you on offense and I see it was a clutch play in the final seconds of the 4th. The opponent already has Gasol to help in the middle with the passing lanes but the wing defender in right corner abandons his man and overcommits to help in the paint.

I don't know which coach would be OK with this but maybe some. Maybe some are coaching their team up in the huddle to abandon the corner 3 of its a shooter and sell out on defending the easy 2 in the paint. This bucket in the paint didn't even look like an easy 2 to me. There was still a man accountable to each guy.

I'd prefer to be able to see the pick and roll defense executed better and have everyone own up there than to see a wing defender abandon his shooter in the corner to sell out help in the paint.

*Is this a money play you call in the clutch? As you mentioned, it's almost clockwork to bait the CPU into these help defense traps.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2016, 08:08 PM   #43
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Nope, i can see the same behaviour for the Tim Duncans, Paul Georges, Danny Greens and so on. Has nothing (or mostly nothing) to do with ratings.

I have a new one: My opponent calls Pick and Roll and then sends his screener away to the basket. Works everytime, because my roll-man defender over comits on hedging on the screen (which never happens). Defensive settings are set to "no hedge".

Funny thing is, even if set to "No" the pre-rotating happens many times. The settings just don't work consistently, like you said...

I agree. There are certain plays and situations that cause the corner three to become open. Doesnt matter if its kawhi or lebron making the bad rotation There will be three great defenders all guarding the 2 man pnr when neither of the players is a threat to score. 2k14 had the same issue on next gen.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 07-25-2016, 09:39 PM   #44
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I agree. There are certain plays and situations that cause the corner three to become open. Doesnt matter if its kawhi or lebron making the bad rotation There will be three great defenders all guarding the 2 man pnr when neither of the players is a threat to score. 2k14 had the same issue on next gen.
Here is a great example I fished off my ps4 from an old game.

What world is Kevin Durant rotating to?
https://youtu.be/4fRt-AFDxMU

I just don't see a reason.

Here is another play...
https://youtu.be/uItLF4FKR-Q

Like JR making the right rotation here probably. But look how easy it was for me to get a wide open shot. There should be a second rotation here to Klay to force a second pass.

Another play with LBJ as the helper.
https://youtu.be/JbfWTn5wDZ4

Look at how LBJ dives into the paint. Gets completely lost in the paint. LeBron is one of the better help defender in the league. I just made him look like a teenager. With a simple pick and roll.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #45
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Here is a great example I fished off my ps4 from an old game.

What world is Kevin Durant rotating to?
https://youtu.be/4fRt-AFDxMU

I just don't see a reason.

Here is another play...
https://youtu.be/uItLF4FKR-Q

Like JR making the right rotation here probably. But look how easy it was for me to get a wide open shot. There should be a second rotation here to Klay to force a second pass.

Another play with LBJ as the helper.
https://youtu.be/JbfWTn5wDZ4

Look at how LBJ dives into the paint. Gets completely lost in the paint. LeBron is one of the better help defender in the league. I just made him look like a teenager. With a simple pick and roll.

The last one is real bad. They need to just let us control ind rotations for each player thru def settings. You already had the drive handled. Bron served no purpose being there.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 07-25-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2016, 10:55 PM   #46
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

This is a serious gameplay issue and it affects the game. If I set my defensive settings correctly then my guy on AI should NOT be leaving a defender like that wide open on every single 3pt shooter. It happens ALOT and I mean ALOT.

Hell even if I were to leave the defensive settings to Auto, and the coaches AI set the settings themselves, this should rarely happen with good coaches!

But this happens with every single team. THIS needs to be fixed for 2k17.

I would rather have fixes like this for gameplay than expansion teams or Team USA additions.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 07-25-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:20 AM   #47
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

And I want people to understand. We are not here to remove rotations. What we are looking for is more control of our defense. And I know people will run in here and say that's real and the defense shouldn't be perfect. We all know that.

I was going to post a video of a user I faced where a while back. Where all he did was break down the defense and then drive hoping a defender would leave his man. It was hilarious to watch.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:58 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Spoiler

This is a major problem.

I shouldn't have to deny ball to prevent players from leaving korver and Thompson a large majority of the time.

Do it in Gauntlent.

It's hilarious to watch kids run a simple PNR, and watch as you are forced to:

sag off the defender to defend the roll to the basket.

click on to the guy defending the guy in the corner to force him to stay so he doesn't leave 95+ 3pt shooter wide open.

Then go back to user defend the ball-handler to make sure they don't pull up and hit in a computers face.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »