Home

"You have reached MAX CAP LEVEL for ONLINE PLAY. ALL further ATTs OFFLINE ONLY."

This is a discussion on "You have reached MAX CAP LEVEL for ONLINE PLAY. ALL further ATTs OFFLINE ONLY." within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #57
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: "You have reached MAX CAP LEVEL for ONLINE PLAY. ALL further ATTs OFFLINE ONLY."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1984
Okay, I suddenly feel a need to clarify where I'm coming from. Personally, I don't care what those of you who play MyPark or Pro-Am do with your players as I don't play those modes. Want to be a 99 overall? Fine. It doesn't effect me one way or the other.

What I AM saying, though, is that if 2k is going to insist on using caps, they should not come into play when you're playing NBA career games.
Yea, I really think the cleanest solution is to split the modes.

Books solution is a solid one, and probably a more realistic option than splitting the modes, but it would lead to the "why am I improving a player online that I can only benefit from offline?" questions.

Cleanest way is a split.

-- When you start the offline mode: select your position and you start with the baseline attributes for that position, then...start the story if there is one. But essentially...have at it. Do what you will. Buy VC (it's not going anywhere), don't buy it. Play how you wish.

-- When you start the online mode: pick your archetype, start building your player thru gameplay online or VC.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:55 PM   #58
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "You have reached MAX CAP LEVEL for ONLINE PLAY. ALL further ATTs OFFLINE ONLY."

This is just ONE of the reasons that they should be separate modes!

The other reasons to make an Online Only MyPlayer:
- I play online, I don't want to grind for badges offline by peforming the same move over and over again.
- I want to be able to earn Rep AND Attribute Points after each MyPark/Pro-Am game I play.
- I only have fun playing against real people.... playing offline is boring to me after experiencing online play.
- I don't want to experience another Spike Lee nightmare, just let me play!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:59 PM   #59
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

MyLeague player lock will be a offline players way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidNoSugar
MyLeague player lock will be a offline players way to go

So let me get this straight...the mode in 2k where you get to choose the type of career you have with the kind of player you want, isn't the one known as mycareer?

Mycareerallowedby2ktoenablerttftobebalanced.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #61
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
This is just ONE of the reasons that they should be separate modes!

The other reasons to make an Online Only MyPlayer:
- I play online, I don't want to grind for badges offline by peforming the same move over and over again.
- I want to be able to earn Rep AND Attribute Points after each MyPark/Pro-Am game I play.
- I only have fun playing against real people.... playing offline is boring to me after experiencing online play.
- I don't want to experience another Spike Lee nightmare, just let me play!
For the online folks, I absolutely believe that you should be able to earn ALL badges from the Park/ProAM. Only thing is, I think the whole thing should be MORE shared and integrated to players have the freedom to build their characters according to their mood, preference and availability. Ironically, if you integrate the modes MORE, you get them out of each other's way, but you have to do that properly. They should interact with each other without relying on each other.

My suggestion for the single player mode isn't really that much of a stretch from you not being able to use your street ball handles in the league. It's just the reverse of not being able to take your OP single player skills to the competitive modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 06:35 PM   #62
Rookie

So...yall trynna turn Pro Am/Crew Mode/Park into call of Duty?
Do you know long it takes to get some of these badges and how horrible you have to play to earn them? No way can you play winning basketball trying to go for dead eye online with four other people.No way can i grind for Offensive crasher or defensive crasher online. What you're asking for is insane and kind of selfish. It's almost as if offline players would have the advantage just because they don't play against anyone else. This whole concept of stripping people of their full capabilities and limiting them and see what happens sucks.
IDGAF about none of that offline stuff, i don't comment on it, because i don't play it, so all you people who prefer to play offline, stay in your lane and don't suggest stuff that would ruin or interfere with how online users play.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see us grind in Mycareer and not be able to upgrade any badges we obtain and leave them at bronze, so that playing online based off of the way we play the game we would be able to grind and level up to silver and then gold. That's how you keep the game modes interesting.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:46 PM   #63
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
You need to get better at the game then, with my 91 overall Center and my 90 overall SF I easily average GOAT numbers.

If you really want to be the GOAT, why not just play on rookie, that basically compensates your 97 overall to a 110 overall.

Why do you care? Why should it capped for offline play? Why not allow people that don't play online the complete freedom to distribute attributes anyway they'd like?

Congrats that you're so good at this game that you can be the GOAT as a 90, add that to your resume.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 08-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Why do you care? Why should it capped for offline play? Why not allow people that don't play online the complete freedom to distribute attributes anyway they'd like?

Congrats that you're so good at this game that you can be the GOAT as a 90, add that to your resume.

why not just release the caps period? No one regardless if you play offline or online, wants to play with handicapped myplayers. The thought that offline players "Deserve" freedom is preposterous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »