Home

NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread

i love the perimeter help d this year. that was my biggest gripe last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #26
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Feels unresponsive, especially on defense, game doesn't feel tight enough, players slow to react. Shot meter doesn't feel natural at all. Missing explosive fun factor, hard to explain.
This is exactly how I feel.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

The off-the-dribble, pull up game is so improved. Players actually stop on a dime and go straight up as opposed to a longer drawn out animation that usually took you forward into a shot blocking big man or had you stepping on the three point line and rendered pull ups useless in 2K16.

Players like CP3 are gonna be a lot of fun to use with this improvement.

The nets sound amazing as well. Much better, more realistic swish sounds (IMO one of the greatest sounds known to man!).
Old 09-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #28
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
This is exactly how I feel.
This is exactly how I don't feel.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:21 AM   #29
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

If meaks (or anyone else) thinks the game isnt responsive, we have to respect their opinion, though we may not feel the same.

When I went into Prelude my thought was tbat the dribbling would be like 2K16- but smoother...that wasnt the case, it was an entire new system to learn.

Unfamiliarity can come off as a lack of control.

All that said, some people may feel its unresponsive regardless...not a criticism I was expecting but I respect it..

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-16-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

maybe i just suck (probably not b/c i was great at 2k16 and all other 2ks before that)

this is my impressions after 3 play know games on hall of fame difficulty

ive yet to beat my man 1 on 1 to the basket i straight up cant get by the defender he stays in front of me the entire time like hes a mix between mj and bruce bowen meets dennis rodman

the layup meter is the dumbest addition added to a bball game ive ever seen half the time i cant even see the meter to time it correctly and 90% of the time i dont know if my guy is gng to dunk it or go for a layup

the only thing i can say about this game is that its smooth other than that its trash a giant bag of trash and i bought the legendary edition to smh
Old 09-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #31
Rookie

AJenius06's Arena

OVR: 0

My first impression, is that this game is beautifully altered yet similar to 2K16. Which means I still feel the core of 2K16, but with small changes that make this game, for me, a 9 out of 10, instead of the normal 8 of 10 we arbitrarily rate it every year (besides 2K11 ).

I can't express how good the game handles and flows. While not perfect, it still allows you more control while dribbling, driving to the basket and finishing through contact, which is what was really needed to push this game to the next level. The physicality is balanced, so instead of automated preset animations taking control over your attempt to score in the paint there is a ton of skill needed to be able to effectively finish around the basket -- and I can really appreciate that. It's not just one big mush of animation, it's you maneuvering your thumbs to put the ball high off the glass or just over the lip of the rim... I feel that this year and it makes the game a beautiful specimen to play.

*Things I love*

- Shot Stick Bonus: I've always been a button guy. But I can feel the difference in response when I use the shot stick. I feel like I have more control over the shot and the chance of it going in.

- Defensive AI: No more passes through a brain-dead CPU player or teammate. They are responsive and will pick the ball off with no hesitation if you test them. P&R defense is good too, a lot smarter and the rotations make sense.

- Rebounding: Feels awesome! Makes me want to crash the boards every rip because of the physicality and animations that were put into this years game... Also, dunks look a TONNNNN better. Guys still kinda dunk like a video game, but you see a lot of real life dunking animations and rim-hang on's, which I can appreciate.

*Things I Dislike*

- Inbounding Fast Breaks Off Made Baskets: Seriously, You can still turbo through a made bucket because the defense doesn't get back quick enough -- at least online. Hate this!

- Fadeaway Jumpers From the Post: Maybe it's just me, but it feels a little clunky and less fluid as the rest of the shooting options.

- Matchmaking in Play Now Online: Hate seeing mirror matches... Fix it!

Overall, this game is fun, fluid and about as good as it gets... I've played about 5 online games, freestyle mode and a half of play now and can tell I'll be in love with this game because of the physicality changes that has taken it to another level, as far as gameplay goes.

Great Job, 2K. Love it!

PSN: AJenius06
In 2K, I'm Godly...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #32
Rookie

Love that you can't trad a player you just traded for, for 60 days.

However, I'm getting very similar trades from last year. Unrealistic as el.

I traded Yi And Nick Young for Rudy Gobert

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »