Home

Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues

This is a discussion on Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 02:19 PM   #49
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues

im not buying 2k18 unless these forced stat caps are gone. I only bought it this year to play mycareer because i couldnt stand 2k16s anymore so i needed a change, but i actually wish i had 2k16 back now.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Watch ;NBA 2K17 - eSports Ruins the Game? Double Team Cheese" o

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Because the game essentially forces you to play hero ball instead of in the flow of the offense. The constant double-teams gives you free assists, and when they're not wide open, your teammates pass up shots (and sometimes even when they [i]are[i] open). The experience with AI in My Career is very different from that in games where you control whatever player has the ball. Numbers are put up out of necessity in My Career, because you can't control when your teammates shoot the ball.
The double teams in MyCareer and people complaining about rating numbers are different. The former is a legitimate concern, and isn't basketball. But this has been patched, supposedly.

The latter is people wanting be able to say "I have this number next to this attribute, see how good I am?", even if their player is good in their eyes. That's a waste of time to me. I'm a Playmaking PG with a 72 cap for 3's. Chris Smooth and many others are mad at the number 72 alone, despite the fact that in game, I'm hitting 4/6 attempts and from other people that picked similar players, they say when maxed out shot making isnt a problem. So why would I complain when the actual thing that matters, how I play, is still great? I don't feel like a role player, but if I was the type to focus on numbers next to words, I wouldn't even like playing with my guy cause the ratings say I can't do this or that.

It may be Playmaker privilege, but Smooth is a playmaker, and he's hitting 3's below a 70, so again, that is a focus on numbers rather than gameplay. And we can't influence 2K to view the game like that. This growing sentiment is dangerous, unless they do ultimately decide to split online from MyCareer, which for the record, I think they should do. But I'm not gonna act like my dude is a bum when I serve with him because numbers say so.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #51
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

OVR: 0

I like Chris Smoove but calling everybody play style a role player is ridiculous. I can still dominate on Superstar and Hall of Fame Just like last year and judging from his other videos so does he. I agree with the sharpshooters being op and the double team cheese. I understand how he feelings but I guess he gets more views when he's putting up numbers like 50, 17, and 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 02:40 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
I like Chris Smoove but calling everybody play style a role player is ridiculous. I can still dominate on Superstar and Hall of Fame Just like last year and judging from his other videos so does he. I agree with the sharpshooters being op and the double team cheese. I understand how he feelings but I guess he gets more views when he's putting up numbers like 50, 17, and 12.
Its so crazy. The most frustrating thing about it is when they player isn't even close to being maxed out, but people complaining about what they can't do! I swear, being able to point to a number is more important than the actual game in this community's eyes and that is setting a dangerous precedent, because we know 2K does listen.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #53
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I like Chris Smoove but calling everybody play style a role player is ridiculous. I can still dominate on Superstar and Hall of Fame.

you, along with everyone else arguing this same thing, took it wrong.
we are given a "role-player" esc build. be great at this one thing, and average or worse at everything else.. RATING wise. sure you can still go drop rediculous #'s with it, but youre still built like a role player, not a star despite playing like and being a star
Old 09-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #54
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
That's true... he also had like 18 assists and 18 points.. I think I'd double team him too lol.

But the one point he made that I really liked was to separate eSports (online mode) from Offline Mode.

It really doesn't make sense to force Offline Players to grind as if it were an MMORPG. And it also doesn't make sense to force Online Players to play offline in a story they are not interested in.

I think this happens because they keep building on top of the game every year. In order to put a game out every year, you can't start from scratch or make the game too different. But if they take a step back and look at it through fresh eyes - they'd probably make them separate modes.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #55
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
we are given a "role-player" esc build. be great at this one thing, and average or worse at everything else.. RATING wise. sure you can still go drop rediculous #'s with it, but youre still built like a role player, not a star despite playing like and being a star
I'm trying to figure out how you cant be a star?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
Not really - we're simply saying having 99 everything is not necessary unless we couldn't do anything because of the caps. We can still dominate - so I don't see the problem. The thing I'm arguing here is the necessity to complain about it. We still dominate. So what more legitimate reason to complain? Fun I guess. But that's all. Having limitations if anything makes a game that is already easy to dominate in - more challenging. What's wrong with that?. That's all we're saying.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »