Home

Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues

This is a discussion on Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #57
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Chris Smoove's new video about double teaming and MyCareer issues

Is it jus me or the online shooting is terrible u can't even time ur shots properly anymore smh!!
Old 09-30-2016, 02:53 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
But that means the game wasn't tested well. It's not like you need to play five full seasons to see this. I'm only 2-3 games into my first season in My Career, and I'm already seeing the ridiculous double teams on every possession.

The even bigger issue to me is how overpowered the CPU double team is. You literally can't get away from it, and if you take more than 3 seconds to pass out of it, you get locked into the jump ball animation. It's awful, and has been that way for years.
I always say it's easy to assume as an outside source who doesn't work at 2k - that problems happen because they're just lazy/clumsy. There could be a lot of technical reasons. That's all I'm saying. I don't work there to judge if they are aware and trying to fix such things as we speak. Much like Beluba just gave an update that no one expected. I'm not making excuses for them - just trying to be open minded about it.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-30-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #59
Banned

Re: Watch ;NBA 2K17 - eSports Ruins the Game? Double Team Cheese" o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha.Pink.Pantha
The double teams in MyCareer and people complaining about rating numbers are different. The former is a legitimate concern, and isn't basketball. But this has been patched, supposedly.

The latter is people wanting be able to say "I have this number next to this attribute, see how good I am?", even if their player is good in their eyes. That's a waste of time to me. I'm a Playmaking PG with a 72 cap for 3's. Chris Smooth and many others are mad at the number 72 alone, despite the fact that in game, I'm hitting 4/6 attempts and from other people that picked similar players, they say when maxed out shot making isnt a problem. So why would I complain when the actual thing that matters, how I play, is still great? I don't feel like a role player, but if I was the type to focus on numbers next to words, I wouldn't even like playing with my guy cause the ratings say I can't do this or that.

It may be Playmaker privilege, but Smooth is a playmaker, and he's hitting 3's below a 70, so again, that is a focus on numbers rather than gameplay. And we can't influence 2K to view the game like that. This growing sentiment is dangerous, unless they do ultimately decide to split online from MyCareer, which for the record, I think they should do. But I'm not gonna act like my dude is a bum when I serve with him because numbers say so.
You miss the point. It's called mycareer. If guys want to dunk like prime Jordan and shoot like curry, then they should be allowed. It doesn't affect anyone else. If you want a career with a 70 3pt rating but a 99 mid range game then that's up to you. It should be up to the user. The player that I'm trying to work on at the moment is a slasher, but a painfully slow, completely offball slasher, who gets caught on the fastbreak with HoF omfb badge, and poor dribbling skills.

I want to be able to create a KD type, and then another save with a westbrook, maybe even a curry. Creating Chandler parsons, JJ Redick, or a one legged DRose kills the mode somewhat.

I don't judge what anyone else wants to be able to do with the game; I don't play myteam, and I've pretty much had it with park, so let me have mycareer to play around with.

I don't get why people defend these caps at all. If the caps were removed, you could create exactly the same player you have now and be really happy with that, so give the user the choice and let them have their career.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:05 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
You missed the point man, its supposed to be OUR CAREERS, with all these ridiculous caps and archetypes, we are glorified role players thats it.
I LOVE the idea of archetypes, dont get me wrong, but its poorly executed

And you know damn well that most of us are putting up goat numbers cause we are grinding for the badges and playing on lower difficulties settings.
Didn't really miss the point at all - just saying I don't see the big deal. That's all lol.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #61
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Best way to focus on team ball? Make an Online-Only mode which forces you to interact with other real, teammates.
trying to get people to play good team basketball in online modes where you have real team mates is impossible lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
You miss the point. It's called mycareer. If guys want to dunk like prime Jordan and shoot like curry, then they should be allowed. It doesn't affect anyone else. If you want a career with a 70 3pt rating but a 99 mid range game then that's up to you. It should be up to the user. The player that I'm trying to work on at the moment is a slasher, but a painfully slow, completely offball slasher, who gets caught on the fastbreak with HoF omfb badge, and poor dribbling skills.

I want to be able to create a KD type, and then another save with a westbrook, maybe even a curry. Creating Chandler parsons, JJ Redick, or a one legged DRose kills the mode somewhat.

I don't judge what anyone else wants to be able to do with the game; I don't play myteam, and I've pretty much had it with park, so let me have mycareer to play around with.

I don't get why people defend these caps at all. If the caps were removed, you could create exactly the same player you have now and be really happy with that, so give the user the choice and let them have their career.
We are not defending it - we accept an offline mode with wide open arms - we just don't see the big deal. That's all. Especially to the extent of saying we are role players. I don't care what stat caps you have - you probably still dominate - you will still probably win the Mvp your rookie season - the championship. Etc etc. So the only legitimate reason to complain is fun. For Chris smoove I find it ironic he's complaining since he makes the game look painfully easy on HOF. It's not fun to watch. Predictable. If he were 99 everything - even more predictable. I used to watch his my career back in 2k11 when he had to start at around 50 and it was way slower to raise overall because there wasn't Vc. When vc came his videos got predictable. He still gets views since he has great commentary - but the gameplay is predictable. If it's easy for him - it's probably easy for a lot of people.

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-30-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #63
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
We are not defending it - we accept an offline mode with wide open arms - we just don't see the big deal.
I hear you.

It is still a video game, after all. I think we all know it's not a "big deal" in the grand scheme of things, but it is a good idea to separate the modes.

The only way for 2k to know that we'd like to separate the modes would be for all of us to keep saying it, that's all.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:28 PM   #64
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Wow Chris sound pissed! As he should be. Man I been saying this year after year. It seems each year 2K slowly sucked the life out of my player. First it was VC coins, then it was CPU super defense, and now everything and everything.

When a guy like Chris goes online to post this and absolutely trashes the mode you know it's over.

Listen I said it in other thread. I will forever buy this game. No way in Hell will Live ever come close to anything close to My Career. It's the only mode I play, it's the only mode I love, and it's the only mode that makes me dish out $60 year after year. I first bought it in 2k10 and I have been every single year. Heck I even take a day off work to play this on release day. I love this mode so much it's a tradition where I get a count down going at my work Outlook calendar lol

Anyways everything Chris said I validated 100% He spoke with passion and spoke from his heart. No matter what you think or believe the fact that this mode is not fun to play anymore due to all these ridiculous limitations and bugs says it all. I went from playing My career for months and months non stop to 2 or maybe 3 last year and this year I may even make it to 2. To many damn limits, to much forcing people to buy VC, and to much trying to do all 2k can to set boundaries.

I don't even have to say another word. That video right there man that said it all. Everything from A - Z

I have said it in this forum and in 2kforums My Career this year is the worst out of all.

Mic drop

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »