Home

MyCAREER Has a Realism Problem

This is a discussion on MyCAREER Has a Realism Problem within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #25
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
The biggest immersion breaker for me is the way money is handled in the mode. Clothing items/shoes shouldn't cost VC! It takes a lot of the fun out of the mode for sneaker and jersey heads like myself. I would love to wear all of my custom shoes but I cant afford them even though I'm an NBA player with multiple endorsements?? I have a gatorade endorsement yet I still can't afford an armsleeve.

I wish there was a completely offline option for MYCareer without VC. I don't play online. VC kills a lot of the fun for me.
This was annoying last year mainly because items were ridiculously priced. I wanted certain gear (head band, arms sleeve, socks, etc) but didn't want to waste VC on cosmetic items when I could put it towards actually improving my player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 02:49 PM   #26
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MyCareer Has a Realism Problem

The biggest issue and why there is a realism problem is, they connect mycareer to the the park and pro-am. They need to separate the park and pro-am from mycareer it's why we can't have a realistic mode. Because they have to try and curb people from making their guy good too fast. And to do that they attach vc to the attributes, accessories and clothes your player wears. Where as if it was an offline mode, they could treat it like a real rpg mode and use xp, or do what fifa and nhl does and improve your player in the attributes you succeed in organically. But the root of.the problem is that the mode is connected to two online modes which don't allow it to be realistic.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #27
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

OVR: 0
2k completely overstated the branching aspect of the story line. We're all basically headed down the same road with this story no matter what we do including those of us that got traded WITHOUT Justice but still get cut-scenes with him like he's on the team. As always, take their marketing cut it in half and that's the game you're getting.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #28
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
2k completely overstated the branching aspect of the story line. We're all basically headed down the same road with this story no matter what we do including those of us that got traded WITHOUT Justice but still get cut-scenes with him like he's on the team. As always, take their marketing cut it in half and that's the game you're getting.
That's most likely an error, but it does feel like we're all basically headed down the same path.

Those that stick it out with Justice get one story, and those that get traded (on a rookie deal...mid-season...) without him *are "supposed" (allegedly) to have a different story*

Keep this discussion going tho. Hopefully 2K sees it, & decides to split the modes to give both demographics the best experience possible for their mode (MyCareer vs Park/Pro-Am)
Old 10-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #29
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Bigger problem is how game mode is stingy with VC rewards early on. Starting out as 55ovr without having vc is a nightmare. Not every free to play video game is so punishing to somebody not buying virtual currency/items etc.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #30
Just started!

I do agree with what is being said, 100%... but, I haven't spent any real money on VC and my player is a 78 overall, and I'm only on week 2 of the season. I just practice with Denver when he asks to come over, I have only skipped 1 or 2 practices. When I go to the practices, I always play whatever drill, 1 on 1, 2 on 2, etc. the other players want. I never say no, just keep Doin' work. Haha. I also run sprints while I'm at practice. So, if you put in work and actually play at least 2 hours a day, then you'll earn VC quickish.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:05 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

Yeah, the my career grind was just too much this year. I gave up after a few games. Not fun at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #32
Rookie

celtsfan1275's Arena

MyCareer has a monetizing problem. I hav no problem with stat caps, I think they are fine and add a layer of realism to the game. But these are just too restrictive this year. Sure players have roles on teams but bball is unpredictable which is why a lot of players have versatility to their game. There are slashers who could shoot 3s and athletic pgs who could dunk.

NBA 2k14 had perfect stat caps imo. But this year is just garbage I play mycareer to feel like Lebron James, not Javale Mcgee. You cant build me up as a top prospect or more importantly have me leading the league in stats and not allow me to have a higher overall than everyone else in the league.

and I know you want us to buy those boosts but it ain't happening 2K. I haven't spent a dime on your vc scam and I will never spend a single cent bc it's clear as a company that you don't care anymore.

Glad I didn't touch the garbage that is 2K17 this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »