Home

Why is the glass always half fulled?

This is a discussion on Why is the glass always half fulled? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Why is the glass always half fulled?

Prior to release 2K devs claimed the wanted gamers with stick skills to really have the advantage. And I get that theory, it makes sense. However, it appears the devs was only thinking offense, and apparently not defense. You can play off ball defense all game long and the computer will play pretty good defense for you. They will contest, make steals, and play good defense all game while a player hide behind some other defender away from the play. This game doesn't reward ppl in this game they play man defense enough. And it's a shame but whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why is the glass always half fulled?

What are they supposed to do? Make the computers unable to guard the ball handler adequately? Who cares if guys play off ball defense, it doesn't really matter.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
Rookie

andrewds23's Arena

Off baller checking in. If you can't beat the AI defense then that's on you. no one has ever punished me for off balling. Im too good at it I off ball with guards only unless it's a big in a pnr. I off ball next to the key so I don't get back doored and always off ball with the furtherest guard away from the ball handler. I've played games where my opponent has obsessed with making me pay for off balling. I'm too good at it, all they do is run down the clock and put up bad shots.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #4
Rookie

killaxxbearsxxx's Arena

I think the stick skill thing was moreso for the pro-am environment..I don't think you'll ever see 2k go to a 1v1 competitive scene because no matter what, there will always be exploits that can break a fair game

Kingzxkobra if you want to catch me on PSN
Old 10-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
Rookie

killaxxbearsxxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewds23
Off baller checking in. If you can't beat the AI defense then that's on you. no one has ever punished me for off balling. Im too good at it I off ball with guards only unless it's a big in a pnr. I off ball next to the key so I don't get back doored and always off ball with the furtherest guard away from the ball handler. I've played games where my opponent has obsessed with making me pay for off balling. I'm too good at it, all they do is run down the clock and put up bad shots.
Speaking of breaking a fair game, this is beyond one of the most frustrating things about the 2k community. The main purpose of playing human players is to get away from the AI..then we run into people like you who value winning too much, to the point of not caring about playing a good game. This isn't to condemn you or anything, this isn't a triggering frustration. I just think the off-baller is breaking the code and it's not up to the other guy to compensate for that

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 10:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killaxxbearsxxx
Speaking of breaking a fair game, this is beyond one of the most frustrating things about the 2k community. The main purpose of playing human players is to get away from the AI..then we run into people like you who value winning too much, to the point of not caring about playing a good game. This isn't to condemn you or anything, this isn't a triggering frustration. I just think the off-baller is breaking the code and it's not up to the other guy to compensate for that
That's what you think, but that's not what I think and obviously that's not what he thinks....if that ruins the game for you then fine, find other players who want to play the way YOU want to play. But I'm going to continue to play my game the way I want to play it. It's 2016 and it's ridiculous that people are still trying to tell others the right and wrong way to play their game....if you want to give me $60 and sponsor me and buy my 2K THEN you can tell me how to playbut IMO if somebody chooses to put themselves at a disadvantage for the sake of "getting away from the AI" .....well that's on them
Old 10-07-2016, 11:44 PM   #7
Rookie

killaxxbearsxxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
That's what you think, but that's not what I think and obviously that's not what he thinks....if that ruins the game for you then fine, find other players who want to play the way YOU want to play. But I'm going to continue to play my game the way I want to play it. It's 2016 and it's ridiculous that people are still trying to tell others the right and wrong way to play their game....if you want to give me $60 and sponsor me and buy my 2K THEN you can tell me how to playbut IMO if somebody chooses to put themselves at a disadvantage for the sake of "getting away from the AI" .....well that's on them
So does that mean I should use every single borderline exploit just to avoid being disadvantaged? So every online game I play I should be off-balling, zig-zagging and spamming with steph curry and co.? You realize how bad this would be at that point? It isn't about controlling what you do with your game. Its about setting boundaries for what you do to me during our game. But you're right man it's 2016 what am I to expect? A fair game?

Old 10-08-2016, 12:43 AM   #8
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Lol off ball playing is mad weak no matter how you put it. That's no different then looking for moves to exploit in the park/PROAM area. If people wanted to play AI then they would do that, but at the same time what can you do lol. Give someone the opportunity to take the weak way and they will most of the time. Personally why I don't care for PNO or MyTeam because of it.

Around 2k11 - 2k14 people played on ball most of the time and it was fun. Now it seems everyone looks for a weak way out just because they thirsty to advance. You can say let people play their game but why even play online then??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »