Home

Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

This is a discussion on Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:53 PM   #9
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

YOU may not have liked the Rec Center, but there are plenty of people out there who enjoyed it.

Just because YOU did not enjoy it doesn't mean others didn't. People out there who loved the Rec and played it every single day in 2K15 have been looking for an alternative, something with a similar experience.

Walk-On Pro-AM was supposed to be that, but with all it's problems and lacking the social experience the Rec Center brought, it's simply not a substitute.

I would pay DLC for them just to bring the JRC back. There was no other experience like it. There's not an alternative, that's the point.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #10
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdghmu
I can't play pro-am. (it's broken)

I can't play set-up games without gaming the ranked system. (even if it did work)

4v4 should be in every park, and it should be incentivized so that people want to play it.
I hear you about pro am glitches , but also i used to have "got next" spots bugging out and near impossible for all 5 guys to step in many times. I'm assuming pro am gonna get fixed because 2k16 pro am worked out much better than rec center.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
I hear you about pro am glitches , but also i used to have "got next" spots bugging out and near impossible for all 5 guys to step in many times. I'm assuming pro am gonna get fixed because 2k16 pro am worked out much better than rec center.
after two months it worked, yeah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 02:14 PM   #12
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

Icon9 Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Got next is terrible
Wait times to play are horrendous.
If you waited a half hour to play a 5vs 5, then the winning team would walk off, you just wasted your time.
The loading time to get into the rec center was eye gouging.
There was that glitch where if too many people loaded up in one received it would move soooooooo sloooooowwwww.
Once you turned I to a legend 3, you could kick anyone off their spot regardless of how long those people had been waiting in line to get next.
There is no commentary in JRC...it's a cemetery.
Getting to L3 or Legend1 (2k17) takes too long especially if you have a life and a career.
There's got to be more incentive to playing in a JRC then just to play.
No custom Jerseys or courts for the winning team.

And this is the mode you want back?

So many things wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. Literally everything you said relates to MyPARK as well.
  1. Loading Times were similar to joining MyPark, as the amount of people that could be in one arena or park was the same.
  2. Wait times for Got Next sometimes were long, but worth it. People didn't quit out, and you had an incentive to play and win the game to keep control of the court.
  3. Winning team walks off? Well that could happen in MyPark too. As you have complained how long the wait times are, those spots should instantly get filled right?
  4. Regarding Legend 3 and kicking people off their spot? Also was in MyPark, and no longer in the game. Don't know why you are correlating that to the Rec Center... if they simply brought the Rec Center back that would not bring back kicking people off the spot...
  5. No commentary? There is no commentary in MyPark or Pro-AM soooooo.....
  6. Getting to Legend status has nothing to do with how a game mode functions. It's all about the grind and the grind itself is fun, especially so in the Rec Center. In MyPark it gets far too boring.
  7. Incentive? The whole incentive for MyPark/Rec is grinding out games to get rep. MyPark gets boring, and stale. Grinding out rep in JRC was far much enjoyable.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:39 PM   #13
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
People who did not enjoy the Rec Center please refrain from posting. You are derailing the thread from the real topic. I've been on this site for awhile and people on here have turned this NBA 2K forum into cancer.
"People who don't agree with me, don't post"

Then why did you make a thread in a discussion forum?

The Rec center waiting times and no guarantee of a game is enough to never want it back. it isn't a more social experience in any way. go to the park and find buddies to squad up with if you want, exact same thing. you are absolutely joking if you think wait times are comparable.

Last edited by ph33; 10-17-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #14
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
"People who don't agree with me, don't post"

Then why did you make a thread in a discussion forum?

The Rec center waiting times and no guarantee of a game is enough to never want it back. it isn't a more social experience in any way. go to the park and find buddies to squad up with if you want, exact same thing. you are absolutely joking if you think wait times are comparable.
So you're telling me right now if they were to bring it back that nobody would play it?

Dude, you don't have to play it. It is fine. But there are people out there that want it back. It's an absolute improvement over Walk-On Pro-AM right now. Again, you don't have to play it.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:47 PM   #15
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
Are you kidding me? So you're telling me right now if they were to bring it back that nobody would play it?

Dude, you don't have to play it. It is fine.
Yes, I would bet the vast majority of people do not want to sit in a rec center waiting up to 30 minutes for a game to start, for a game that may never start because a player or two on the opposing team left and then the remaining spots take forever to fill for a variety of reasons. And the Rec Center was equally as buggy.

I should have stopped at "waiting up to 30 minutes", 10 minutes of waiting itself is terrible, but you seem convinced that's fine so have a blast.

The state of the game is awful, but I am not going to pretend like 2k15 was better.

Last edited by ph33; 10-17-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #16
Rookie

2K15 was pretty awesome. 5 on 5 got you more rep per minute than all other games, and not to mention no one was behind the scenes toying with the game sliders with a smirk on their face in between games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »