Home

Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

This is a discussion on Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 12:55 AM   #65
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
I know many complained about the wait times for the Rec Center for the Got Next spots, but I would take that experience 100x over what currently Walk-On Pro-AM is giving. Even if the issues get sorted out for Walk-on Pro-AM, the social experience of the Rec Center is just not there.
I agree with you that creating a giant Park or Rec Center with a bunch of people running around creates a social experience (a community).

But... there's gotta be ways to make a Social/Community experience without making us wait 30minutes for a game.

It's not like you can do anything while you wait, either...

I still like my idea of creating an in-game Friend's List that lets you see what all of your friends are up to (and if they're "Looking for Park Game")
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #66
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I agree with you that creating a giant Park or Rec Center with a bunch of people running around creates a social experience (a community).

But... there's gotta be ways to make a Social/Community experience without making us wait 30minutes for a game.

It's not like you can do anything while you wait, either...

I still like my idea of creating an in-game Friend's List that lets you see what all of your friends are up to (and if they're "Looking for Park Game")
This was it, the main complaint was waiting and not being able to do anything. Now you are able to look at your MyPlayer Inventory, go to the Store, etc.

Now only if they expand upon that, with a mini-game to earn VC, or some other sort, I think that would help out tremendously. A mini-game that you can enter when you're on the Got Next spot (by entering through the pause menu) that allows to play with other people next to you on the Got Next spot. The mini-game would have to easily be able to interchange players with people entering and leaving it, but if it's something to pass time, short, AND awards VC I think people would do it.

The most I miss about the Rec center was the community. For Xbox One there was always the AIR squad that I would see almost everyday. You saw people and squads that were familiar. You'd have 5-6 people in your party chat, your crew is on a 4 game winning streak and you look over and see another squad on a similar winning streak waiting for a game, without anybody on the Got Next spots. So you'd hop off and head over there and challenge them. That was fun.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-19-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #67
Pro

Quote:

The most I miss about the Rec center was the community. For Xbox One there was always the AIR squad that I would see almost everyday. You saw people and squads that were familiar.

Hahahaha good ole Air City. Air Jordan 23 o and company lived in the rec center. 2k15 days were golden man. I came across 2-3 people in the JRC that I still run with to this day. Would love to see it come back with some major improvements. Cut down the lag and glitched courts and the JRC would be fine. I seriously doubt you'd have the issue of someone housing your spot because not many folks hit max rep nowadays. I just can't get down with Walk On whatsoever. SMH
Old 10-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #68
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
This was it, the main complaint was waiting and not being able to do anything. Now you are able to look at your MyPlayer Inventory, go to the Store, etc.

Now only if they expand upon that, with a mini-game to earn VC, or some other sort, I think that would help out tremendously. A mini-game that you can enter when you're on the Got Next spot (by entering through the pause menu) that allows to play with other people next to you on the Got Next spot. The mini-game would have to easily be able to interchange players with people entering and leaving it, but if it's something to pass time, short, AND awards VC I think people would do it.

The most I miss about the Rec center was the community. For Xbox One there was always the AIR squad that I would see almost everyday. You saw people and squads that were familiar. You'd have 5-6 people in your party chat, your crew is on a 4 game winning streak and you look over and see another squad on a similar winning streak waiting for a game, without anybody on the Got Next spots. So you'd hop off and head over there and challenge them. That was fun.
I can dig the mini-game idea.

It has to be good, though. Because being able to access my Inventory and Upgrades ain't enough to justify a 30min wait.

I would settle for a "Practice" court that works like a MyCourt... You'd be able to enter yourself into a "Queue" instead of being stuck on the Got Next Dot... and you can just shoot while you wait (maybe even scout potential teammates) and earn "Doin Work" points.

I'm only for bringing it back if they give us something that lets you kill-time/socialize in a fun way. If they can't figure out how to do that, then I prefer Instant Matchmaking with LeaderBoard/CommunityBoard/LookingForGame system instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »