Home

Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

This is a discussion on Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
What about the crazy wait times?

I hate the "You got Next" system.. it's so frustrating to wait to play a game.

This happens way too often: You get to the Park, ALL the games are just starting and ALL the dots are taken... now I have to wait for 2 games to finish before I can play? That's crazy talk.

Legitimate complaint. I feel you on that. I didn't have much of a problem with it since games went by rather quick or 90% of the time we loaded into a rec center where there were multiple games about to end.

I really think 2k should just give us REP in regular pro-am. I rarely play walk on as I don't like running with randoms and way too many people quit out after 1 quarter. SMH.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:01 PM   #58
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

I usually agree w/ JHawk (OP) about everything but I can't on this. I did not like the REC at all. And I highly favor walk on Pro-Am more and definitely pro am more but most likely because it's getting closer and closer to the 2K10-2K11 Crew of old. All they really need is commentary, actual rosters and a few other different setups.

Yes, Walk on and regular ProAm needs to be fixed badly but it's really a 2K issue period w/ all these getting kicked out of games and etc. They need to patch this stuff ASAP. Once they do that, the way the mode is intended to work, I don't see how anyone would rather have to wait all that time to play a REC game which is essentially the same thing besides walking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-19-2016 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:30 PM   #59
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

I loved Pro AM too, but considering they will likely never bring it back they could just at least add one 5v5 court to each Park, would have the same net effect...

Last edited by NoLeafClover; 10-19-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #60
MVP

ph33's Arena

It kind of blows my mind that some courts have 4 on 4 and some don't. And that some have 21 and others don't.

I cannot understand who thought that was a good idea, and why.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:04 PM   #61
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

I do appreciate the Rec center for helping me find the teammates that I run with today in Pro-Am.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 10:52 PM   #62
Rookie

twebb5896's Arena

Remember when you waited 30 minutes for a game to start. Then some guy powers of his console and you're frozen on the spots for 10+ minutes until his ghost disappears?

No thank you.

Ever.

Again.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 11:01 PM   #63
Rookie

mmafan18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebb5896
Remember when you waited 30 minutes for a game to start. Then some guy powers of his console and you're frozen on the spots for 10+ minutes until his ghost disappears?

No thank you.

Ever.

Again.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I remember on pc I found this group that would usually run pro am in rec center. Was pretty fun for a couple months. Then this one guy figured out how to crash the entire server when we would start up a game. Pretty much kept doing that until everyone quit playing.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:15 AM   #64
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
It kind of blows my mind that some courts have 4 on 4 and some don't. And that some have 21 and others don't.

I cannot understand who thought that was a good idea, and why.

Adds uniqueness to the parks, I don't mind that.

As for the JRC, nah. If it was JRC with matchmaking, maybe. Then you wouldn't have to worry about finding teammates from the same park and all that to run with.

The JRC, the way it was, was annoying for someone like me who couldn't always find 5, but wanted to run 5 on 5 instead of park.

I like the idea behind pro am, I just think the execution has to be better. It's a waste if people can't play your mode because they are constantly getting kicked or what have you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »