Home

So uh how bout dem opening day rosters

This is a discussion on So uh how bout dem opening day rosters within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2016, 01:35 AM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: So uh how bout dem opening day rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
He isn't a developer, but a community member like the rest of us.

I think he overracted big time about people "speculating" on Beds' personal life. Him and is girlfriend/wife having a baby was public knowledge (he posted about it on his social media account which he also uses to communicate with the community), so people assumed (myself included) that he was on paternity leave. That was the most reasonable and informed conclusion, but apparently the issue is a technical bug/glitch (one of many this development cycle, sadly) that many were unaware of.

It sucks that we'll be waiting an indefinite amount of time without no communication or roster in sight.

2K needs to do a whole lot better or a lot people are going to bail on the series.....

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Hate to say it but Live 18 may be the game to beat and even if it not hopefully it will at least give 2K a jumpstart to or something to let them know that they may start losing money soon if they don't get their act together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 01:55 AM   #82
Rookie

DoWork's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
So my team gets opening day cards but we can't get the correct rosters? 2K really letting us know how they feel about us.
and more importantly where their priorities lie, VC sales. It's been like a virus on this series ever since they introduced it.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:37 AM   #83
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Hate to say it but Live 18 may be the game to beat and even if it not hopefully it will at least give 2K a jumpstart to or something to let them know that they may start losing money soon if they don't get their act together.

Not meaning to get off topic but why does this pipe dream keep getting pushed? That series is dead and buried.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:42 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
He isn't a developer, but a community member like the rest of us.

I think he overracted big time about people "speculating" on Beds' personal life. Him and his girlfriend/wife having a baby was public knowledge (he posted about it on his social media account which he also uses to communicate with the community), so people assumed (myself included) that he was on paternity leave.

That was the most reasonable and informed conclusion, but apparently the issue is a technical bug/glitch (one of many this development cycle, sadly) that many were unaware of.

It sucks that we'll be waiting an indefinite amount of time without any communication.

2K needs to do a whole lot better or a lot of people are going to bail on the series.....

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
Nobody is blaming beds or mad at him on a personal level for not having rosters lmao. Obviously life comes first.

With that said I'm not going to pretend that I think he does a great job on these rosters because, well frankly he doesn't. There is a reason so many of us have to resort to roster makers every year to get the game proper before starting a MyLeague. To be fair to him though they have always been crap. I don't know what they are doing over there on the roster side of things to be honest. I think it's simply them not caring about MyLeague players because compared to MyTeam and Online play it's just a fraction of the population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork
and more importantly where their priorities lie, VC sales. It's been like a virus on this series ever since they introduced it.
The first year of next gen 2k correct me if I'm wrong but the only "association" type mode had VC purchases in with it no? The fact that they even tried that makes me kind of mad. At least they took it out though.

Last edited by DreamAgain; 10-27-2016 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:51 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Hate to say it but Live 18 may be the game to beat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 04:56 AM   #86
Pro

I'm Pres and I don't approve this roster wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 10-27-2016, 06:24 AM   #87
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Look, guys, lay off Beds and his private life. That's just nasty. He doesn't belong to you.

There was another thread about this and I posted my explanation for no updates there, but let me put it here so people who don't bother to read other threads will know.

Patch 4 included an issue where if they do game updates via the roster update system, they risk corrupting people's MyCareer game saves. Patch 4 introduced a bug.

There is some question whether or not the bug applies only to game tuning they do through the roster update system or all roster updates. Since they have not done any roster updates since, I think we have our answer.

The most likely reason they have not done roster updates is because of this issue. As a result, we won't see any updates until patch 5 drops, whenever that may be.

So lay off Beds and please stop getting into the personal lives of the devs or the dev team. That is out of line.

It's fair game to acknowledge that 2K has not delivered well on gameplay and some modes, and have bungled their reactions to try to fix some gameplay issues. It's entirely fair to point out they have performed poorly technically with that bug in patch 4. But please leave names and families out of it.

If I were a mod I would have nuked anyone who did that by now, but thankfully for some here I'm not.
Your tone about people not "bothering to read other threads" is completely out of line. You act as if anyone has time in their day to legitimately read every thread on OS.

Also if there is truly a serious but that would cause them to not to be able to release a roster update until patch 5 then that means we are talking about 1 to 2 weeks at the SOONEST until patch 5 is out. 2K is really about to have no roster update until mid November?

That is quite unacceptable for people who play online...

If there was a bug that prevented people from buying VC that mess would have been addressed immediately.

Edit:

To add, this isn't about making tweaks. Just a basic roster update that provides accuracy for online/Myleague. Also there is no excuse for having 5 teams with their assistant coaches named John Smith 1 month and a half after release.

Last edited by dwayne12345; 10-27-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:47 AM   #88
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:

Why the hell would 2K Sports be worried about a company that can BARELY release a game, and have total sales numbers that didn't even register as 1% with their previous attempt???

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »