Home

So uh how bout dem opening day rosters

This is a discussion on So uh how bout dem opening day rosters within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #105
Rookie

gurkis19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So uh how bout dem opening day rosters

This game should be called nba2ksomething Bugged Edition.

Do they even feel remotely bad about themselves? I have never seen something like this ever in any sports game released. All that mycrap and CARDS have ruined everything. Don't they feel dumb when somebody asks about roster or anything else about gameplay they just ignore them, yet if something about mycrap or other things related to that is asked, then answer is almost right away.

Do EA cares about customers? NO.
But are their games always up to date? Absolutely YES.
FIFA has squads right away and gets updated every week
NBA Live had everything right besides gameplay
NHL has right rosters(granted, they do come out later but there is good reason behind it)

It's a shame that they forget who were the people that got them to the place they are right now. I guess money makes you an a'*hole.
This is the last time i bought their product, i will hate them just as they hate their REAL customers

Last edited by gurkis19; 10-27-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #106
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkis19
This game should be called nba2ksomething Bugged Edition.

Do they even feel remotely bad about themselves? I have never seen something like this ever in any sports game released. All that mycrap and CARDS have ruined everything. Don't they feel dumb when somebody asks about roster or anything else about gameplay they just ignore them, yet if something about mycrap or other things related to that is asked, then answer is almost right away.

Do EA cares about customers? NO.
But are their games always up to date? Absolutely YES.
FIFA has squads right away and gets updated every week
NBA Live had everything right besides gameplay
NHL has right rosters(granted, they do come out later but there is good reason behind it)

It's a shame that they forget who were the people that got them to the place they are right now. I guess money makes you an a'*hole.
This is the last time i bought their product, i will hate them just as they hate their REAL customers

This. Too flat out ignore people like they've been doing is what is ticking people off.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #107
Rookie

gurkis19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
This. Too flat out ignore people like they've been doing is what is ticking people off.

And this year there is nothing we can do about it.
The only thing we can do is talk with our wallets next year. Sadly this is where gaming industry are going right now.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #108
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I understand people's frustrations, but a lot of you guys need to step back, take a chill pill and realize a lot of these decisions aren't coming from the game developers themselves.

Mike, scott, czar, beds and the rest of the crew are all VERY passionate about delivering the best on court experience. I can say that with 100% confidence.

They don't make all the decisions for this game, a lot of you need to realize they answer to higher ups who call the shots. If they want the focus to be on my team, that's what it's going to be. They're in this business to make money, so sometimes what the developers want to gives us, they can't.

I'm sick of seeing the BS about how they don't care about us as customers, or that they're not in the business of making a good game. That's EXACTLY what they're in this business for, but unfortunately they can't always give us the answer we want, or the results we want because of people who are above them.

The game play crew is nice enough to come here and discuss game play issues and other things and how they can make it better for us, but they're lazy and don't care? Gtfo with that nonsense

We all want updated rosters, I get it, so do I. But if you think they're blatantly giving us a big F U, you got another thing coming.

They're humans, just like you and I. Some of you have a hard time remembering that

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #109
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks dude seriously

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Old 10-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I understand people's frustrations, but a lot of you guys need to step back, take a chill pill and realize a lot of these decisions aren't coming from the game developers themselves.

Mike, scott, czar, beds and the rest of the crew are all VERY passionate about delivering the best on court experience. I can say that with 100% confidence.

They don't make all the decisions for this game, a lot of you need to realize they answer to higher ups who call the shots. If they want the focus to be on my team, that's what it's going to be. They're in this business to make money, so sometimes what the developers want to gives us, they can't.

I'm sick of seeing the BS about how they don't care about us as customers, or that they're not in the business of making a good game. That's EXACTLY what they're in this business for, but unfortunately they can't always give us the answer we want, or the results we want because of people who are above them.

The game play crew is nice enough to come here and discuss game play issues and other things and how they can make it better for us, but they're lazy and don't care? Gtfo with that nonsense

We all want updated rosters, I get it, so do I. But if you think they're blatantly giving us a big F U, you got another thing coming.

They're humans, just like you and I. Some of you have a hard time remembering that

I'm with you and co-signed Gosen.

Yet just for a clarification we don't see anyone from gameplay 'crew' anymore except the goat Mike. There's that so we don't really have that interact as we had before 2k17 and same applies to twitter/social media and even more like hangouts of those developpers etc. etc. and yes this is smt in 2k hq decision makers tie people above our beloved developpers that you wanted emphasize on are doing for some very very odd reason.

Thanks for great post, people gotta chill sometimes.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #111
Rookie

gurkis19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

I get what you are saying. BUT
All we community members are asking is at least a tiny bit of respect. We all pay around 60$ for the game, it's not for free. And for some people it's not a small amount.
Imagine if u buy an iphone and something breaks, you get it to the closest dealer and they ignore you and your phone just because Apple corporation said so. Makes no sense right?
What are we even talking about here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #112
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkis19
I get what you are saying. BUT
All we community members are asking is at least a tiny bit of respect. We all pay around 60$ for the game, it's not for free. And for some people it's not a small amount.
Imagine if u buy an iphone and something breaks, you get it to the closest dealer and they ignore you and your phone just because Apple corporation said so. Makes no sense right?
What are we even talking about here?
What we're talking about is a group of guys who have mere months to make this massive game to the best of their abilities.

Mistakes are going to be made in game development, that's a given. I see genuine effort from these guys to at least TRY and fix these mistakes. Defense is still bad, there's a few others things wrong with the gameplay, but they're trying. Evidenced by 4 patches and another one on the way trying to please EVERYONE.

If there's something in the game that would be messed up in a certain game mode if they updated the rosters, they have to take their time and fix this issue. They can't just say screw one group of folks to please another, it doesn't work that way.

People no longer have patience or understanding and it HAS to be frustrating beyond belief to deal with the ridicule and hate they get on social media every single day.

What I'm saying is, cut these guys some slack. They put effort in, and they're far from lazy. All they want is to put out a great product just as much as we want a great product.

One more thing, if the group of people who control your paycheck tell you to not say something to avoid damage control, you better believe I'm keeping my mouth shut. These guys enjoy their jobs at 2K. They have families and lives to worry about. I'm not risking my job and well being on a question about a roster update.

It sucks, but that's the real world.

Last edited by Gosens6; 10-27-2016 at 01:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »