Home

13pts Online = 30 point game

This is a discussion on 13pts Online = 30 point game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 13pts Online = 30 point game

I can't vibe with this...unless I am misunderstanding you.

The idea of arbitrarily increasing the number of how all of the various 'auto foul' animations came about in the first place...there is absolutely no logic to them at all. Its easily my least favorite part of the game.

Cause and effect is more SIM to me than anything….regardless of how the #’s average out.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #18
Rookie

ssimpsons3's Arena

OVR: 0

Play for the feeling, not a number.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #19
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I can't vibe with this...unless I am misunderstanding you.

The idea of arbitrarily increasing the number of how all of the various 'auto foul' animations came about in the first place...there is absolutely no logic to them at all. Its easily my least favorite part of the game.

Cause and effect is more SIM to me than anything….regardless of how the #’s average out.
we might just disagree...there's no harm in that. i'm saying the window of success is too large and there's little downside to spam or bad timing. Cause & Effect still exists. I'm simply saying gameplay can't have it both ways, if defenders attack the ball when they have good timing, they should do so (and be whistled) when their timing is bad or when they're unsuccessful. I'm saying Blocks and Steals have to be a ZERO SUM GAME with pros/cons...the outcomes should be limited to 1) you're successful 2) you're not and get whistled 3) you're not and the result is terrible defensive position. And rewarding defenders for failure like this has to be rendered extinct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwPCbEeg89A

I'm saying gameplay needs a better ratio of success to negative outcomes regarding user-initiated steals and blocks. 1-to-3 seems about right looking at NBA stats. will that mean when I pass the pass directly to you wont steal it? Nope. will it mean bad passes still wont be punished? Of course not.

that said, I do think we should see more loose ball fouls and grabbing/holding ones. And simply blowing the whistle in obvious foul instance like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U6V2gifYPI and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ten4tPCRLos will also improve gameplay significantly.

Last edited by Kushmir; 02-23-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:23 AM   #20
Banned

jax01's Arena

I don't want to see this happen for online. Like someone said, pace is going to obviously make a huge difference. 2K gamers aren't as patient in the offense as nba teams, etc, jacking up shots at attempting things at a higher rate. The % should mimic real life, but the priority should be on the gameplay itself mimicking real life/real nba, not artificially dictating a desired result at the expense of how the result happened.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
Cool idea.

I also really like the idea of the online games starting tied in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

The games that start after half would be nearly the same as current games. The games starting in the 4th would be addictive, quick, but not overly so. I'd love that second option, and I imagine I'd play even longer per sitting. You can't start another game when you're debating whether to go to sleep, as you know it's a 30 or 40-minute commitment.

Thats Stupid , If You're Losing , You're Losing 2k Shouldn't Tie The Game Because You're Getting Outscored

@MillsMontana Soundcloud-Twitter-IG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #22
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillsMontana
Thats Stupid , If You're Losing , You're Losing 2k Shouldn't Tie The Game Because You're Getting Outscored

@MillsMontana Soundcloud-Twitter-IG
No he just means the game could start in the third quarter tied. This is for guys that want 12 min quarter games but don't have the time to play a full game. That way the game would only be 24 minutes long but would have realistic scores.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #23
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

This clip is a microcosm of the too large window for success regarding blocks and steals I keep mentioning...watch this ridiculous interaction. Not one foul is called and you have (among other things) Nik Stauskas (51 blk rating) doing a chase down block on one of the best dunkers in the game and a 100% success rate on poke-away steals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SawDENwtDb4

unless 2K wants to get laughed off the competitive e-sports scene a la Madden this kind of arcady gameplay has to be tightened up. There simply have to be more negative outcomes to balance the rewards with some risk.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #24
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Another example of how broad the window for success for blocks/steals is while the ability to actually fail is tiny. Vonleh screws up here, he falls for the pump fake which should 1) be a foul or 2) take him out of proper defensive position. But instead he gets an instant second jump and blocks the shot? Ridiculous. At the very least he should have a pretty lengthy gather before jumping again....The hand-holding and EZ mode blocks/steals must stop. There is absolutely no downside for button mashing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foy-oJNVtBI

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »