Home

Anyone else want badges removed?

This is a discussion on Anyone else want badges removed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #41
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else want badges removed?

Maybe in Online game modes but not offline.

I think it's fair that Lebron has hall of fame chase down artist and steph curry has hall of fame limitless range
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 2

I think that the badges are fine but there needs to be much better implementation of the system. The game needs to police things better. Badges need to be more realistic and not be crutches that players can abuse.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #43
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
I think it's fair that Lebron has hall of fame chase down artist and steph curry has hall of fame limitless range
I honestly think that if 2K un-inflated everybody's ratings and they wouldn't need these badges in the first place. LBJ doesn't have a special mode that engages only when he is defending a fast break, he is just always fast and a good transition defender when trailing.

Badges seem to be in the game to allow players to mimic real life players without having to actually play like them
Old 07-10-2017, 06:08 PM   #44
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I think they should be hidden or implemented another way. We don't need a "has two legs and jumps really high" badge. Too many badges. If a player brings hustle energy, just have him play that way instead of spamming something for a badge. Maybe put it in the scouting report of a player or something similar. As the player reaches these hidden levels, maybe it unlocks some animations that equate.

Good idea, poor implementation. Hide them. If someone wants to grind the game to figure out the "magic number" - so be it. Hide it from the rest of us that want a more realistic approach.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:28 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I still say badges should only unlock special animations and only animation. This attribute boosting is killing the game balance. Just ask Beluba and how much trouble he had balancing the shooting this year.
That had less to do with the badges, and more to do with tuning around that stupid 100% green release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #46
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I think they should be hidden or implemented another way. We don't need a "has two legs and jumps really high" badge. Too many badges. If a player brings hustle energy, just have him play that way instead of spamming something for a badge. Maybe put it in the scouting report of a player or something similar. As the player reaches these hidden levels, maybe it unlocks some animations that equate.

Good idea, poor implementation. Hide them. If someone wants to grind the game to figure out the "magic number" - so be it. Hide it from the rest of us that want a more realistic approach.
I think the flaw of badges is it possibly makes someone who isn't good at something, better at it. And this is caused by the way you get badges. Its all quantity and no quality. This then turns the game into a bunch of players not sticking to what they know they can do, but a bunch of players doing stuff because badges let them.

Your idea of having a secret tier of animations is very close to my idea of having attribute ratings above 92 activate hall of fame animations for that rating. AKA you don't get the good dunks until you upgrade past 92.

I think getting badges should go to being skill based. Because now any ol' Joe can get every single badge. I can get it on my post scorer and he has like 40 3ball. That's stupid. idk who thought thatd be ok.

But your point of putting things in a sort of scouting report is good too. At the end of the day I can have bronze and you can have HOF one man fastbreak, but if im just better at timing when to run out and filling the lane then im gonna be better than you at scoring in the fast break. Its like the badge itself is what makes you more dangerous and not your actual skill level.

Id rather you get badges by having to shoot a certain percentage than have people get them off just shooting alot
Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #47
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I like the personality badges and think they need to stay.

Those other ones definitely gotta go. They took it too far...
Old 07-10-2017, 10:59 PM   #48
Rookie

I like some of them, but creating a balance between them is difficult, and there needs to be a better way of highlighting these different skills/traits in players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »