Home

Jumpshooting is an eye sore

This is a discussion on Jumpshooting is an eye sore within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #81
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jumpshooting is an eye sore

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Yes, it's called 2KU. Runs for 10 minutes. You only get to play with the Warriors. No option to play as the Cavs. No scoreboard, no shot clock, just scrimmage. Run plays if you want as well.

However, "that guy" is back in full force interrupting your gameplay with tips every so often.

Still having a blast overall.
I see, I'll try it. I thought there was only my player option there that's why I wasn't going to download it but now i'll download it now just to test it.

Thanks for the explanation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #82
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Straw beat me to coming back to this thread...

2KU likely on Pro, but a couple things I observed-

Shooting feels great- the vibration on the shot was a great idea....props to whoever came up with that...

You don't go into a overdone contest animation when someone is in front of you....

KD/ Steph, Klay can all knock down contested shots....but they are the cream fo the crop as far as shooters, and like I said, it's on Pro so we'll see how it is in retail...

but I am definitely enjoying it..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #83
MVP

ph33's Arena

Shooting the ball is one thing that I feel did improve. The animations were just too slow in the past, even for regular jumpers.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #84
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I tried reading the entire thread but are people basically saying that contested shots don't go in enough in 2k, or that contested 2k shot are always falling short, hitting the rim but still going in?

Just trying out prelude for a bit. All of these are heavily contested shots. I know I'm missing open shots, making lightly contested and heavily contested shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Straw beat me to coming back to this thread...

2KU likely on Pro, but a couple things I observed-

Shooting feels great- the vibration on the shot was a great idea....props to whoever came up with that...

You don't go into a overdone contest animation when someone is in front of you....

KD/ Steph, Klay can all knock down contested shots....but they are the cream fo the crop as far as shooters, and like I said, it's on Pro so we'll see how it is in retail...

but I am definitely enjoying it..

I love what I'm seeing as far as the shots going in without the ugly bounces but how many people will be playing on Pro? I'm a Play Now Online guy and I'm pretty sure they use Superstar difficulty (though I wish they'd use HOF instead). The ugly bounces on made shots stand out more on the higher difficulties since the defense affects shot attempts more than if it was on Pro.

And those aren't heavily contested shots. I'll say at best they are tight but only because of how close they are to the shooter. The contests seem late which should barely affect a great shooter.

EDIT: I saw 2 heavy contests. One at the top of the key on Klay and the other on the corner 3 from Durant.

I've yet to try the demo since I'm waiting to get back power due to Hurricane Irma. Should be up and running by today though.

Last edited by Crossover1; 09-08-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #85
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Going off last year, contests like the ones on SBSCs vids had too much impact.

I'm a PNO player too so I agree, we will see how it goes on higher difficulties..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #86
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
I've yet to try the demo since I'm waiting to get back power due to Hurricane Irma. Should be up and running by today though.
Stay safe man. Your life>2k
Old 09-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #87
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Stay safe man. Your life>2k
Yeah my island was very lucky to avoid most of that beast. We were south of it and only got like 40-50 mph gusts.

The other nearby islands were not so lucky. I've seen videos and pics of how much destruction that thing brought. I feel so bad for them.

185 mph sustained winds with 210+ mph gusts. Jesus Christ!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #88
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Spoiler

And those aren't heavily contested shots. I'll say at best they are tight but only because of how close they are to the shooter. The contests seem late which should barely affect a great shooter.

EDIT: I saw 2 heavy contests. One at the top of the key on Klay and the other on the corner 3 from Durant.

Stay safe. But just wanted to say that they're all "heavily contested" because that's what the feedback box says. Some may not visually look the part but I'm simply going by what the game says.

KD Smothered / Steph long distance heavily contested
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »