Home

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

This is a discussion on Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #25
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

Simple for MYGM to have the same customization sliders as myleague. I like being able to do things like set ticket prices and I like being able to upgrade your gm 2 things you cant do in myleague but it sucks and makes zero since that you cant use those same customization sliders in mygm. So right now I either have to play mygm and not be able to like fix/improve things with those sliders or I have to play myleague but then lose being able to set tick price and being able to upgrade my gm.

Also a score ticker in game and like a day/weekly recap show that talks about things going on around the league and that shows highlights. I know nfl 2k5 had a highlight show or something. Madden used to have like a radio show and then a few years back had a show that was more like a recap of scores. MLB the show has a radio show. I would like to see something like that only make it more like a highlight show then just a radio show.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 10-06-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #26
Rookie

Quick Edit in MyLeague not only for Ratings also for TENDENCIES (like last Year)
Old 10-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubertm1
Quick Edit in MyLeague not only for Ratings also for TENDENCIES (like last Year)
You can Quick Edit Tendencies in 2K18.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:20 PM   #28
Rookie

1/A complete overhaul of the menu's presentation. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the current menus (since 2K17), I find them boring, unclear... So first I would prefer something more plain, with smaller buttons/items and darker colors. But to gain a better immersion, I would like also something different in fonction of the team that you control. So here's the idea: why not add in background 3D render images of arenas ? Or even classier: images of the cities in timelapse (including the cities where you can have an expansion). That would create the feeling that you're the boss of your city, and you just looking by the window of your GM office...

2/Year to year save. Like somebody said, it's frustrating to start over each year and to do not enjoy the fact that you can play during 80 years

3/ Weekly show, the same as we had in College Hoops 2k8 or NFL 2k5, to know what's going on around the league. Again, for the immersion, that would be a big step up.

4/Possibility to play the Olympics/World Championship. With only a few nations (only 8 or 10), that could be very interesting to see our players selected in their national team.

Last edited by VicVega93; 10-07-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #29
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

Honestly all I want is realistic draft classes and realistic contract signings. A weekly show would be cool too Much like CH2k8 had.

One other thing is more pre-made teams to add. One thing that needs to be fixed though is the first draft in MyLeague always has the pre-made teams pick last regardless of their win/loss record.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Gramps91; 10-06-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:23 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Gameplay

I guess the best way to put this is I want to be able to build a team culture. I want more personality in the MyLeague mode as well. I don't need the cutscenes or the converstaions, just the options and the for the things behind the scenes to mean the same.

The staff needs personalities and preferences like the players so that staffing fits can ruin or make a team. You have to decide whether to get yes men who will do everything you want so things run smoothly according to your vision even if it may not be the best move or whether you want guys who will tell you the best move even if it disagrees with you or each other.

I want the staff badges from MyGM in MyLeague.

I want the facilities from MyGM in MyLeague.

I want the AI in MyLeague to actually USE all the tools at their disposal, so training camps, training schedules, facilities ect.

Also I want the AI to put more emphasis on Staffing than it currently does. Nothing more disheartening in MyLeague than to see the Spurs let Pop go or the Warriors let Kerr go the year the win the Championship. Makes no sense.

All these factors combined would enhance the gameplay and make the simulation FAR more entertaining. You would get teams like the Spurs using their culture and their incredible staff to make a team that almost always outplays the individual parts.

Trainers should be able to setup training schedules for each individual player in League/GM. The better the trainer the better the schedule and the less likely the injury. The trainer would suggest minutes for players to prevent injury.

I would love an expanded staffing so you have a scouting team like the old 2k to go along with the Lead Scout for example or other trainers under the Head Trainer like a Dietician and a Masseuse. These could also be rolled under the badges I guess though managing more personalities would be better from a roleplay/gaming aspect. More layers to deal with to get the team perfect.

Big point here we need better drafting and scouting.

Scouting should give you nothing concrete. I would lobby HARD to remove the numerical ratings for scouts and give us only generalities as you would from a real scout and their stats. The better the scout the more accurate the assessment but as I said above with them having personalities and preferences if they like a certain type of player they may exaggerate their abilities.

I can give you a real life example of this: the infamous Deshawn Stephenson Michael Jordan comparison from nbadraft.net lol

In League/GM player Tendencies should be able to change over time like attributes.

If a player is in a certain system as they learn the system the tendencies tied to proficiency in that system should go up. So for example you put a wing in a run n gun system their tendency to shoot the 3 should go up as long as it meshes with their template and limited by their potential. Or putting him with a hard defensive coach should give him better defensive tendencies over time that sort of thing.

It's easier to conceptualize offensively than defensively but it would all depend on the system the coaches levels and the players potential.

Tying it to the template makes sure that they don't just become a completely different player which is impossible, you don't change players you just bring out what they can do.

Limiting it to their potential means that making them play very differently than they did when you drafted them would be limited to guys like Kawhi or Jimmy Butler who had extreme potential but needed the right coaching to bring out his MVP level ability.

The draft classes themselves need to be majorly overhauled. We need a major expansion to the CAP system. We need more everything option wise and the ability to layer these options. We also need the facial molding back with numerical positions on the grids AND the ability to share the CAPs through 2kShare.

Talked about the tendencies already but they're just out of whack in general and need to be better reflective of the player's abilities. Not always, see Josh Smith chucking 3s though he's horrible at it, but that should be the exception not the rule.

Presentation

We need the Nightly and Weekly Wrapups from College Hoops and NFL back. Can't really say more than that lol those were AWESOME and added so much flavor to the game.

I would love to be able to run a double/triple header or Tonight On NBA 2k TV sort of thing. You already put in the little icon showing that the games are on 2kTV that night. We need the ability to run through consecutive games without going back to the menu and one seamless presentation.

Like how when we select what games we want to play/watch on a certain day in the calendar it actually plays through those games back to back like a TV broadcast and ends with the Nightly Wrapup.

Last edited by jinntu; 10-07-2017 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #31
Rookie

Maybe some Guys will kill me now, but....

- introduce WNBA-Teams like NBA-Live 18

- introduce playable G-League

- bring back Alltime-Teams (maybe with missing more Players, Barkley and Miller is a different Problem what i have heard..)

- reducing Classic Teams to the really Important (so many mediocre Teams with 6 or 7 Players and fictional Caps)

- cut Storyline in MyGM

Last edited by hubertm1; 10-07-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 10:55 PM   #32
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive only got 3, but other posters have basically nailed 2 of them. This is the best mode in sports games. You guys have included so much. And there are so many little things that you've included to make it better Brilliant work.

1. A MyLeague app?

I know this is a massive undertaking, but being able to edit all my stuff without having to go through the console would be amazing.

Also being able to export rosters would be great. I play through ML and edit as I go. It'd be great to be able to use that roster in another ML I will start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Bring 2K with with you anywhere whether you’re an offline or online user. Your can upload your MyLeague to a computer and view stats/standings/awards, edit rosters/draft classes or even sim games, train or scout players/teams. Basically anything you can do on your console outside of playing the game, we can now do on our computers, tablets and cell phones. [/color][b][color=#000000]
2. More big picture stuff in ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
I'm talking presentation-wise. I want to see magazine covers, ESPN style major headlines, i want to get emails from players/staff/media people, i want to see interactions between players and media and staff. Think creatively about this. Top 5 moments of the month highlight package? Have the game inform you when records get broken. Have the game express notable storylines, like hot streaks, key quotes, unhappy players, rumours, any kind of drama/theatre! The game needs avenues to express what's going on under the hood in order to really hook people and become an immersive experience. Make the game explain its decisions to the user. Even things like a coach signing a player because the coach prioritizes "high IQ" guys. Stuff like that.
And player personalities should be the seed of a lot of the theatre that the game expresses to the user.
An idea is a weekly highlights package. Showing great individual games, stats highlights, close games, stats leaders etc.

3. Home Court advantage mechanic

This thread generated some ideas on how to bring HCA in to the game. It would add a layer of depth to the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »