Home

Let’s talk about the 5-Out offense in Pro-Am

This is a discussion on Let’s talk about the 5-Out offense in Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 09:04 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Let’s talk about the 5-Out offense in Pro-Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Now that everyone runs the 5-out offense with a 6'10" point forward, the only way to consistently stop it is to play tight on the three point line to take away the threat of a jump shot, and then run a 3-man rotation to cutoff all drives to the basket (corner defender runs to the rim to stop the ball, wing defender rotates to corner, top of the key defender rotates to wing).
This. Good rotations are a must if you want to contain the 5 out offense. You can always try to bait the ball handler as well. Sounds like lockdown Defenders are getting a boost next year so 5 out may not be as effective. I'm sure teams will still try to run it though. Some may revert back to the pick and roll offense next year as well.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #58
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I agree with everything people are saying here. No team is effective at running that much 5 0ut offense.. No one. I just don't see why the devs let it get to where it is now.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:50 PM   #59
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

What personally kills me the most about 5 out is the 3 pt percentages. I played a game yesterday where a team shot 14-16 from 3. The more 3's are being made at ridiculous rates, the less it starts to resemble basketball.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #60
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
What personally kills me the most about 5 out is the 3 pt percentages. I played a game yesterday where a team shot 14-16 from 3. The more 3's are being made at ridiculous rates, the less it starts to resemble basketball.

I played a game the other day like that. I felt kinda helpless as a rim protector, because my perimeter teammates were killed. We were playing more "traditional" basketball, but we couldn't keep up with the number of 3's they were hitting.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #61
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis

Yea I’ve seen teams that shoot a average of 70-80% from 3. It’s ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 01:33 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Once we hit elite 3-4 and higher it seems like every team is running it. How does 2k fix this issue to make teams have a more varied play style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think the main reason people do 5- out is the bobble animations on catches from passes in 2k18 lead to BS turnovers, so therefore people tend to hold ball cause they have built in excuse oh i thought you would bobble it and turn it over so it was better that i held onto ball forever trying to get a open shot... no lie i honestly think thats what is psychologically leading to the death of team ball in 2k comp play
Old 08-17-2018, 07:35 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Once we hit elite 3-4 and higher it seems like every team is running it. How does 2k fix this issue to make teams have a more varied play style?

People will always run the easiest thing to do. The reason LBJ and Harden don't run 5 out all the time in real life is because they get tired from driving all the damn time. There are NO subs for our MyPlayers in PRO-AM.

Besides lowering the area of LIMITLESS RANGE(which I think it's implied they have done due them saying you only having Curry range in Takeover mode) I don't see what they can do. Only the community themselves can decide to run plays and if they don't need to in order to win then too bad. YOU(users who want me to run plays) some random anon in the Internet can't force me to run plays in any mode if what I'm doing works.

Basically what I'm saying is the community needs to get better 1 v 1 defense, better defensive archetypes and rotations.

https://www.twitch.tv/orlandotill

Protesting PNO
MTU

PSN: OrlandoTill
Old 08-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #64
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Let’s talk about the 5-Out offense in Pro-Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xChamp
i think the main reason people do 5- out is the bobble animations on catches from passes in 2k18 lead to BS turnovers, so therefore people tend to hold ball cause they have built in excuse oh i thought you would bobble it and turn it over so it was better that i held onto ball forever trying to get a open shot... no lie i honestly think thats what is psychologically leading to the death of team ball in 2k comp play

I think it has more to do with spacing and defenders playing help defense more so than worrying about the bobble animation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »