Home

Can no longer speed boost at 86 Ball Control

This is a discussion on Can no longer speed boost at 86 Ball Control within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Can no longer speed boost at 86 Ball Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
This happens because of how you perform during the game. If you are doing well your ratings get boosted even without being in takeover mode, so occasionally your reaching that 86 threshold that unlocks the animations.

However, I am willing to bet you are playing on the PS4, because of right now I can not do those moves with an 86 ball control on the Xbox One X.
Yep. I'm on the PS4. Hopefully 2k comes out with a fix for yall soon.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #34
Pro

This is still a problem and a lot more people are realizing it now. Many people that made builds specifically because they could just reach that 86 threshold and spent vc are feeling completely ripped off after 2k put out an official chart.

To make matters worse 2k has not been responding to these complaints and it is only happening to xbox users, but not PS4 users. I thought Xbox was the marketing partner this year? so much for that benefit.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
This is still a problem and a lot more people are realizing it now. Many people that made builds specifically because they could just reach that 86 threshold and spent vc are feeling completely ripped off after 2k put out an official chart.

To make matters worse 2k has not been responding to these complaints and it is only happening to xbox users, but not PS4 users. I thought Xbox was the marketing partner this year? so much for that benefit.
Wang has fell back from social media since release. He's responded here and there to people but not nearly as often as he was during the Prelude. I understand he may be busy or working on providing feedback to the dev team but some type of communication would be good. Issues like this definitely need answers. People have spent their hard earned money/VC on a player that's not capable of doing what he's supposed to do. The lack of acknowledgement to issues like this blows me. 2k as a company still has a lot of work to do. Hopefully it gets resolved for Xbox users soon. I'd hate to be the one grinding on a player that's broken with no apparent fix in the future. That's tough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #36
Rookie

Wang tweeted and said 86 can speed boost he basically called eveyone out that said they can't do it. He said it might have to do with being cold or not having enough stamina
Old 09-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOLIA5044
Wang tweeted and said 86 can speed boost he basically called eveyone out that said they can't do it. He said it might have to do with being cold or not having enough stamina
And then a bunch of people clapped back telling him he was wrong. Pretty arrogant to call people out without bothering to actually test what people are talking about. Should be easy to get an xbox, go to practice court with any player with an 86 and where stamina has no effect, then try and do the moves. It's not like it's rocket science to perform these dribble moves. So to assume a bunch of people just don't know how to play or understand what is happening is ridiculous. Especially people like me who have put hundreds of hours into this series and mastered every move in the game.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:15 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
And then a bunch of people clapped back telling him he was wrong. Pretty arrogant to call people out without bothering to actually test what people are talking about. Should be easy to get an xbox, go to practice court with any player with an 86 and where stamina has no effect, then try and do the moves. It's not like it's rocket science to perform these dribble moves. So to assume a bunch of people just don't know how to play or understand what is happening is ridiculous. Especially people like me who have put hundreds of hours into this series and mastered every move in the game.

I completely agree with you i'm glad people are putting light on this situation
Old 09-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #39
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I tried a number of players that have an 86 ball control such as Lebron James and Kevin Durant and can confirm that you no longer have access those momentum cross overs and combos.

I am glad I found this out last night and want to get the word out or 2k is going to P!$$ a lot of people off. I almost dumped my vc into a build last night but decided to try out players with similar stats to see how they moved first. I don't know why they send out those tweets and charts and have them be false or a lie that misleads the player base. Also Durant had access to those animations in the Demo but does not have them in the final game. This is irritating to me as now it has ruined my incentive to create the shot creating build over my sharp shooting build.

You can probably speed boost in takeover mode but that is such a small percentage of the time playing I would not recommend picking a character for only what they can do in takeover.

Edit**
I am getting reports that players on the PS4 that just meet the 86 ball control threshold can utilize these dribble animations, but as I have tested thoroughly on the Xbox One X it is not possible so there is inconsistencies between the consoles. This definitely needs to be looked into. If you are an Xbox player building a myplayer that wants access to these animations be wary of a build under 90 ball control.
Could you be more specific about what moves you're unable to perform this year? For me, the term "speedboosting" is synonymous with park cheesers and Youtubers, so I was ready to write off your complaints from the jump just off the strength of that.

Last year, for example, I could crossover using only the right trigger and left stick and it would give me a very exaggerated move. That's not the case this year but it still works. I'm just curious if those are the type of things you're talking about. Some examples would really aid this conversation a bit and see if we can figure things out.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 09-20-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:15 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Could you be more specific about what moves you're unable to perform this year? For me, the term "speedboosting" is synonymous with park cheesers and Youtubers, so I was ready to write off your complaints from the jump just off the strength of that.

Last year, for example, I could crossover using only the right trigger and left stick and it would give me a very exaggerated move. That's not the case this year but it still works. I'm just curious if those are the type of things you're talking about. Some examples would really aid this conversation a bit and see if we can figure things out.

Tier 3 dribble moves

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »