Home

NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #57
Rookie

Bankside's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

Hi guys,

i'm about to start a myleague with the cavs, trying to manage the post-lebron era

honestly, the roster ain't easy to start the whole thing off

players i would like to keep (and see how they develop):

Kevin Love

Collin Sexton

Jordan Clarkson

Rodney Hood

Larry Nance Jr.

Cedi Osman

Ante Zizic

Sam Dekker

David Nwaba

Chaning Frye

the rest (possible to-be-traded players):

George Hill (19mil/yr)

Tristan Thompson (17,5mil/yr)

JR Smith (14,7mil/yr)

Kyle Korver (7,5mil/yr)

I would like to trade at least 2-3 of thos 4 (quite expensive) players.

Korver can help a playoff team, won't be that hard, to trade him but Hill, Thompson and Smith got very huge contracts.

can you recommend me any possible trades to get rid of some of those huge contracts?

how can i recieve picks/young players and lower my salary? (financial rule - 3 team trades?)

the suns and magic might need a PG and trade for Hill right?

who would "need" guys like Korver, Thompson and Smith?

i would be very thankful for any tips
Old 10-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #58
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Of those 4 players Korver is the only player you could trade and get back something in return and even then it would be something like 76ers trading Bayless and a 2nd for him or Knicks Lance Thomas and 2nd.

If your trading Hill, Thompson or J.R your either going to have to include a 1st or swap them for a worse contract like Evan Turner or Mozgov. Its going to be hard to trade a 1st since you already have a top 10 protected going to atlanta.

You could swap like Ryan Anderson for George Hill that would be a lateral type trade (without looking at overalls and exact $)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankside
the rest (possible to-be-traded players):

George Hill (19mil/yr)

Tristan Thompson (17,5mil/yr)

JR Smith (14,7mil/yr)

Kyle Korver (7,5mil/yr)

I would like to trade at least 2-3 of thos 4 (quite expensive) players.

Korver can help a playoff team, won't be that hard, to trade him but Hill, Thompson and Smith got very huge contracts.

can you recommend me any possible trades to get rid of some of those huge contracts?

how can i recieve picks/young players and lower my salary? (financial rule - 3 team trades?)

the suns and magic might need a PG and trade for Hill right?

who would "need" guys like Korver, Thompson and Smith?

i would be very thankful for any tips
Old 10-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #59
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

It's definitely not the best trade, so I'm posting it here to see if I can tidy it up:

Minnesota sends: Jimmy Butler, James Nunnally, 2019 2nd Pick (MIA) unprotected
Toronto sends: C.J. Miles, Norman Powell, 2019 1st Round Pick Lottery Protected, 2021 1st Round Pick Lottery Protected

2K says it's a valid trade. If I'm Butler, I'd only want to leave for a contender. If I'm Minnesota, I wouldn't want to keep him in the West and I'd still want players back who can contribute now.

Is Toronto giving up too much with two first rounders?
Old 10-21-2018, 06:32 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
It's definitely not the best trade, so I'm posting it here to see if I can tidy it up:

Toronto sends: C.J. Miles, Norman Powell, 2019 1st Round Pick Lottery Protected, 2021 1st Round Pick Lottery Protected

2K says it's a valid trade. If I'm Butler, I'd only want to leave for a contender. If I'm Minnesota, I wouldn't want to keep him in the West and I'd still want players back who can contribute now.

Just my opinion - i think both lottery protected picks may not give them valuable future players that can cover for butler’s loss offense and defensive wise for the wolves. Maybe make the pick top 5 protected or add a young piece with more potential than powell? not sure though, im not good at this

What’s the best 3D guy i can get for the spurs. Someone young who can be the primary defender to offload derozan on the defensive end? preferably who can play 2-4 positions

Im willing to give up picks and pieces not including derozan, murray and walker IV
Old 10-21-2018, 07:30 AM   #61
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91

Make the protections top 3/5, swap Miles with Annunoby and I think it’s alright
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #62
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

For the guys who are looking for a Jimmy Butler trade: What do you think of a Gary Harris & a 1st round pick?
Denver can't really get free agents with their cap situation. They are a great offensive team with defensive struggle, especially because they need more size at the 3 position. So Butler would be perfect to fill that role.

For the Wolves: They get a young talent who fits their style and gives them spacing and defense. And Butlers situation gets worse from day to day, so I don't think they can get much more at this point.

Don't know if the contracts match, but I really like that idea.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:30 PM   #63
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9

Any idea on what would be a respectable haul for Mike Conley? Looking to trade him and rebuild the Grizzlies.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #64
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2201
Any idea on what would be a respectable haul for Mike Conley? Looking to trade him and rebuild the Grizzlies.
The Grizz situation is tricky as they are one of the teams that's got to much talent to be one of the worst teams in the league and then even if they make the playoffs is a 1st round exit. They also owe a 1st round pick to the Celtics which the 2k protections don't exactly match real life.

If your in season 1 and they are clearly out of the playoffs I would trade him for a quality 1st round pick and then some players that will save a lot of $ on his contract. A team like the Suns who could offer this years 1st with light protections and then a useful role player like T.J Warren. I would say something along those lines

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »