Home

NBA 2K20 Simulation Basketball Wiki

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Simulation Basketball Wiki within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #89
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Simulation Basketball Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosantous
Oh ok that makes sense and as the admin you can change your team whenever? If its doable this idea sound dope.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Operation Sports mobile app

It’s doable and I’ve started it. No one has joined in yet though so I’m not sure if there’s much interest.

Here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...m-sliders.html
Old 05-23-2020, 05:15 AM   #90
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I’ve tried making gameplay work with Ball Handling at 0 and moved away from it for a lot of reasons.
Going to test one more time with Ball Handling at 0 to see if I can fix the biggest issues I had with it. Feels like I’ve made enough progress with understanding other sliders to revisit since overall ball movement & gameplay did feel/look better with Ball Handling at 0.

Here were the biggest issues:
1. Pace slowed at least 5-10 possessions per game.
2. Elite iso ball handlers weren’t as effective when size ups were cut short & stepback jumpers make % went down (Harden, Kyrie, Luka, etc)
3. Finishing moves weren’t happening as often on drives for euros, spin layups, etc

Other observations on sliders:
- Strength attribute slider has always had a large impact on ability to drive through contact, but this year it especially determines the AI ball handler’s tendency to fight through contact or finish while near defenders. It impacts both drives & jump shooting. Low Strength slider = more willing to fight through contact. High Strength slider = fewer shots through contact, more passing out of drives

- Fouls on jumpshots seem to require defenders to make contact with the shooter’s arms/shoulder area. There are tons of obvious foul animations (damn near tackling) that do not get called in the game while the slightest touch on the shoulder will trigger the foul call. I’ve had the most success triggering shooting foul calls with the Jumpshot Defense Gather around 85-95 & Jumpshot Defense Release around 35-45. I’d also recommend setting On-Ball Defense to a very high level to trigger more close outs on jumpshots.

- Defensive Awareness mostly seems to control the pass reaction time for defenders and mirroring of ball handlers (which should be On-Ball Defense but isn’t). High Defensive Awareness results in more passing lane steals, more aggressive closeouts on shooters in catch and shoot scenarios, and less separation on dribble moves, sizeups, or stepbacks.

- Blocking Foul Frequency is the most aggressively backwards of the foul sliders from my testing. I’ve tried setting this at extremely low levels like 1 and 5 and it resulted in more foul calls than having it at 100. The AI on-ball defender will give up baseline & sideline with this slider set high (meaning fewer calls), but the call will be made for blocking quickly if a user defends too close to the boundary. It’s in transition where the AI gets more aggressive about riding the ball handler’s hip with this slider set extremely low. That’s where I’ve seen the increase in Blocking foul calls in CPU/CPU. It also improves transition defense (hip riding) having this slider low so I don’t see any reason to keep this above 5 or 10 in slider sets designed for CPU gameplay.

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 05-23-2020 at 05:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
It’s doable and I’ve started it. No one has joined in yet though so I’m not sure if there’s much interest.

Here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...m-sliders.html
Damn I was with it but just realized you on PS I got a xbox fam. Regardless I hope it makes the game a more enjoyable experience for all participants

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »