Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #545
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

JA did you with your tendency sliders had any problem with CPU not feeding post players at all ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #546
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
JA did you with your tendency sliders had any problem with CPU not feeding post players at all ?
I tried my best to fix it but it's a roster and 2K problem
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #547
Just started!

Do I need to perform any changes on hall of fame or I can use all same settings for it as well?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #548
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyyy
Do I need to perform any changes on hall of fame or I can use all same settings for it as well?
Should be about the same
Old 03-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #549
Just started!

I figure I'd post in this thread since I'm currently using JA's sliders, though it has to do with a problem that I've found with every set of sliders I've used.

How the hell do you get the CPU to shoot? In the few days since I've tried to gear my game towards a more simulation-style, one problem seems to stay around no matter what my tendencies / shot success rates are at. The CPU holds onto the ball.

I've tried playing out a bunch of CPU-CPU games to test different sliders, and no CPU team has once broken 70 FGA in a game. Only 3 teams in the NBA average fewer than 80. This is mainly because the CPU-controlled teams seem to just spend 80% of their plays just holding onto the ball at the top of the key or the elbow until the clock runs out. CPU players will routinely pass up wide open corner 3's in favor of passing it into the post (the other game, Ray Allen passed on a wide open corner 3 so he could pass to a double-teamed Mario Chalmers in the paint), and this is after I tried jacking up the 3 tendency and reducing the pass to post tendency. I haven't once had a CPU team break 100 points, either, and they very rarely break 90.

I started on All-Star, though I eventually moved up the difficulty to Superstar. Not sure if that did anything, though it does seem to have somewhat increased the frequency of plays being run by the CPU.

I'm not sure how I could have the exact same settings as others, yet my CPU players don't move. It's pretty frustrating to have every game end 84-75.

Anyway, TLDR: I guess my question is, if I wanted to change a slider that strictly changed how "trigger-happy" the CPU players are to give me a more realistic FGA per game, what would it be? Should I just jack up all the shot tendencies, keeping them relative to each other?

I wouldn't think it has to do with success rates. FG% isn't the problem, it's just that no one wants to shoot.

Thanks for any help
Old 03-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #550
Banned

OVR: 18

From what I have read here it is not a slider problem.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #551
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoGuernsey
I figure I'd post in this thread since I'm currently using JA's sliders, though it has to do with a problem that I've found with every set of sliders I've used.

How the hell do you get the CPU to shoot? In the few days since I've tried to gear my game towards a more simulation-style, one problem seems to stay around no matter what my tendencies / shot success rates are at. The CPU holds onto the ball.

I've tried playing out a bunch of CPU-CPU games to test different sliders, and no CPU team has once broken 70 FGA in a game. Only 3 teams in the NBA average fewer than 80. This is mainly because the CPU-controlled teams seem to just spend 80% of their plays just holding onto the ball at the top of the key or the elbow until the clock runs out. CPU players will routinely pass up wide open corner 3's in favor of passing it into the post (the other game, Ray Allen passed on a wide open corner 3 so he could pass to a double-teamed Mario Chalmers in the paint), and this is after I tried jacking up the 3 tendency and reducing the pass to post tendency. I haven't once had a CPU team break 100 points, either, and they very rarely break 90.

I started on All-Star, though I eventually moved up the difficulty to Superstar. Not sure if that did anything, though it does seem to have somewhat increased the frequency of plays being run by the CPU.

I'm not sure how I could have the exact same settings as others, yet my CPU players don't move. It's pretty frustrating to have every game end 84-75.

Anyway, TLDR: I guess my question is, if I wanted to change a slider that strictly changed how "trigger-happy" the CPU players are to give me a more realistic FGA per game, what would it be? Should I just jack up all the shot tendencies, keeping them relative to each other?

I wouldn't think it has to do with success rates. FG% isn't the problem, it's just that no one wants to shoot.

Thanks for any help
LH is Right, its not a slider issue it's mainly a roster problem. You could fix it only minor scale by doing what you said, relatively increasing the shot tenancy sliders according to one another. Tweak however you want to figure out and play style. The set is not built for every player on the planet. If however you want to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #552
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoGuernsey

Thanks for any help
Make sure you are not using 2k's official roster, player tendencies are messed up there , secondly try some other tendency slider set than JA's , for example from this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ed-arises.html (i hope JA dont mind this)

I've been playing with these tendency sliders and Med's roster (PC) on Superstar and cpu shoots from 80 to high 90 attempts per game , its actually a bit too much for my taste so i just reduced quarter length to 11 minutes and it seems perfect now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »