Home

Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
I'll be ****ting you if said that I didn't wish ALL DLC, add ons, and other extras for games were free of charge, but that just isn't the case. Most likely, (again if this is true) this will be around 5 to 10 dollars (which is the norm), and its up to you (the consumer) if it's worth it or not. Once details start to appear about this "mode"/"feature" (if true), its on you to decide rather or not its worth it. If its a bunch of mini games, or basketball drills to help boost up a rookie stats and nothing more, I think I'll past, but if it's a full fledged editor that will allow you to edit and customize rookies to your liken, to the point of making them look like the potential real life draftees, then importing them into the game 2K10, I'm interested.

I agree completely. While I'd rather not have to pay extra for the extra feature, I'm willing to shell out $5-$10 to have a chance to start on editing my association draft class before the game comes out. Even with the extremely limited options in 2k9, I spent most of the first month or so just editing prospects with a few games played here and there. If we can actually edit appearance this year, then it will take even more time, so it would definitely be worth the money for me to actually be able to play in association when I first get the game. Who knows, maybe they'll do some kind of promo to where you can get it free if you pre-order the game at Gamestop or something.

There's just not enough to go on yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 7

I honestly dont even understand what this feature is (if it does indeed exist). Is this a separate game mode? Is it an addition to dynasty that would make it easier to edit our classes?
If this is simply a standalone game mode i really dont see a point to it at all. The new rookies should already be in the game right? Why would we want to go through a scouting process and what not? The draft has already happened. Hopefully it is an addition to dynasty because then it may be worth it.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #43
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

The franchise freaks don't appreciate it not already being part of the game that is being shipped. THAT is why the franchise freaks are bothered
Old 07-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #44
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Frankly, as long as it's not expensive, I don't mind. I'm guessing it'll be about $5-10. I have 1200 MS points right now that I got from doing a promotion just sitting around, so I'd shell out the points without thinking. I'm a big association guy myself.

And I remember Simballer saying "I got you guys" when we were discussing editing the prospects and passing around the spreadsheet. But yea, it is kinda frustrating that it isn't in the game though, but what's in there better make up for it.

I'll understand completely if this is good enough to be considered a separate game (game mode?) rather than a "lost" part of association.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 07-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #45
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I wouldn't buy it but here's why there shouldn't be much complaining yet (you can complain it's not in the game to begin with or free with the special edition). They didn't say they took out editing them yourself in franchise so you can still put their stats at whatever you want without this. If they did that,then you can complain all you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #46
Rookie

orrkl2002's Arena

OVR: 6

Im hype for it honestly, I think this is the best way to give the college hoops heads the next best thing especially if they have 2k share on there for the roster makers. I wouldnt mind playing the summer league games and doing the workouts for all the good college prospects. At least their trying to give us longevity with NBA2k10 to actually play through a season and then add the real rookies and play the following season too.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolidus
How about this, they make a game where you play as the draft prospect through his college season, making his skills better by playing good in the season and getting drafted into the NBA.

Oh I'm sorry they already had this game College Hoops but cancelled it. I hate stupid CEO's that sign off on this crap.
so true...
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 07-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #48
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I've got no problem purchasing this if once details are out it's something that interests me.

I assume that given the precious amount of space on a 360 DVD disc that some stuff gets cut on the chopping block of what they can add etc.

Maybe adding this idea on disc wasn't manageable given space limitations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
The franchise freaks don't appreciate it not already being part of the game that is being shipped. THAT is why the franchise freaks are bothered
I'm a franchise freak...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »