Home

Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #49
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

I would also say I'm a franchise freak too. I'm still torn about this whole thing. I want the depth but I want to NOT be screwed because they decided to add a feature but get paid a little more for it. It's been since I could remember that I wanted to have more depth in my season/Association mode. Every year it was a "maybe next year" feel that I always hated. I just hope that whatever they DID add to the Association is so great that this isn't even needed but could be used.

I could really see more college hoops freaks getting into it and tossing great draft classes for us. I'd also wonder if we could delegate between what number a player "should" go. That would be sweet. So far, from the rumor, we know that their are draft events they're doing right? I hope more surfaces on this soon.......
Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #50
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd really just rather them improve the draft presentation and the workouts instead of having a type of 'superstar' mode as rumored. As well as some hand-made prospects and more editing power (i.e. weights, appearance).

Maybe they could create gyms and put your team's coaches and scouts on the sidelines and have the prospects of your choosing visit, like such:

Then, as coach, or GM, you could not only watch (or control, whatever you'd like) the players, but also ask them certain questions that would clue you into their personalities, skills etc. You could schedule shoot arounds, layup drills, 2 on 2 etc with that group you bring in. Just a little something to add to the presentation of the process.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2
If true i kinda hope it is a little like Superstar mode on Madden, but kinda not. It sounds like a good building block, especially since they won't be able to use the NCAA license for a several years now.

Last edited by LilRick110; 07-09-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #52
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I think they probably could have got a pass if they weren't trying to release it side-by-side with 2k10. If it was more of an idea and didn't get executed until a couple months after release, I don't think there'd be as much of a fuss. As it is right now, it almost looks like something that should be in the game but they're purposely excluding to make a few extra dollars.

I mean dang, it was inevitable that sports games would go this route. Every other game does. I don't think this is any more ridiculous than paying $5 or $10 for a few new maps for a game like Halo.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 07-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I think they probably could have got a pass if they weren't trying to release it side-by-side with 2k10. If it was more of an idea and didn't get executed until a couple months after release, I don't think there'd be as much of a fuss. As it is right now, it almost looks like something that should be in the game but they're purposely excluding to make a few extra dollars.

I mean dang, it was inevitable that sports games would go this route. Every other game does. I don't think this is any more ridiculous than paying $5 or $10 for a few new maps for a game like Halo.
+1. This is just the new grimy business of video games. This obviously should be included in the game. Let's be honest - the last few years of NBA 2K games have not had anything in terms of a new mode. It has just been the same modes with a different paint scheme. For them to charge users for this...
Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #54
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm gonna wait and see if/how much they charge first. We know next to nothing about this mode actually lol.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1
You must not remember them charging us to download 2k Reelmaker for 2k8... What a waste of money!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #56
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearPalsy
You must not remember them charging us to download 2k Reelmaker for 2k8... What a waste of money!
They learned the next year by getting someone to "sponsor" it for use. Just wait and see. If it's not your cup of tea, then just hold out on downloading it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »