Home

My Player Progression Strategy

This is a discussion on My Player Progression Strategy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #409
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: My Player Progression Strategy

im not sure if i want to change the quarter length in my player. im already averaging 19.5 ppg with 5 minute quarters and my last couple games have been 25+ ppg. if i change it to 8 minutes or something ill probably average 35+ ppg since im second in minutes on the team. it would help my chances of getting a lot of the milestones that seem impossible though. its only my first season and im a 53 rated SG. im leading the team and all rookies in scoring and im first in the race for ROY and 6th man of the year.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #410
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipso
Are you noticing any real diffrences with his emotion up that high?

Well I jumped from a 55 to 99 and my guy is alot more animated and say stuff under his breath.. Kinda cool...not needed really tho
Old 11-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #411
Rookie

OVR: 6

Okay so is everyone having a problem getting from season 1 to season 2? I dont want to have to start everything over again just so I can get this all worked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #412
Pro

OVR: 9

Okay this may sound like a dumb question. Do you get more points for playing on harder levels? I am playing on the default level right now with 9 minute quarters.

My last game my athletic point guard dominated the entire game. I played 32 minutes, getting 17 points, 20 rebounds, 16 assists and 2 blocks on 8/21 shooting. It just seemed way to easy. My team ended up winning 101-57.

Any help would be great.

Jon
Old 11-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #413
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
im not sure if i want to change the quarter length in my player. im already averaging 19.5 ppg with 5 minute quarters and my last couple games have been 25+ ppg. if i change it to 8 minutes or something ill probably average 35+ ppg since im second in minutes on the team. it would help my chances of getting a lot of the milestones that seem impossible though. its only my first season and im a 53 rated SG. im leading the team and all rookies in scoring and im first in the race for ROY and 6th man of the year.
I am actually thinking of changing back down to 5 min quarters to finish out my second season (10 games or so left) and then up it back to 8 minutes. Problem with NOT uping the minutes is your not getting the "appropiate" recognition since the other teams "play" on higher minutes so your numbers and your team numbers are always skewed lower and it makes building a solid team harder since they seem to get really upset with the minutes and want traded off the team so quick due to minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinskillz
Well I jumped from a 55 to 99 and my guy is alot more animated and say stuff under his breath.. Kinda cool...not needed really tho
Figured as much, ill save that for last then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewj
Okay so is everyone having a problem getting from season 1 to season 2? I dont want to have to start everything over again just so I can get this all worked out.
Only odd thing I am seeing is I am being told about the important decision after every game and before the patch after my 10 days I hadnt heard it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh007
Okay this may sound like a dumb question. Do you get more points for playing on harder levels? I am playing on the default level right now with 9 minute quarters.

My last game my athletic point guard dominated the entire game. I played 32 minutes, getting 17 points, 20 rebounds, 16 assists and 2 blocks on 8/21 shooting. It just seemed way to easy. My team ended up winning 101-57.

Any help would be great.

Jon
I believe that the points given out for w/e your doing are the same regardles of the difficulty.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #414
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

Something interesting just happened. Played the Bucks, won the game and from there I went to look at my schedule and it said I lost. It didnt record any of the points scored from MY team for the 4th quarter but going to NBA.com and scrolling over to the Bulls it says my career high 50 leads the bulls to a victory......

Not happy about taking a loss that I didnt take seeing how I have the Hawks hot on my *** for the #1 spot being 1 game behind >.<
Old 11-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #415
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

I am enjoying it on the 8 minute quarters wont know for sure how the numbers will really turn out until I get into season three but from right now 8 min feels pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #416
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

One game left in the regular season of my second season. Hope the insider stops telling me about making a major decision either entering the playoffs of going into season three. Still enjoying the 8 min quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »