Home

My Player Progression Strategy

This is a discussion on My Player Progression Strategy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My Player Progression Strategy

wow, i just finish the season... i won MVP, ROOKIE of the Year, MVP finals, Championship... finish the record with the Atlanta Hawks 77-5... my season average is 36 ppg, 17 apg, 9 rpg, 4.8 spg playing around 41 minutes per game...

name is wade wilson... started for 6'3 39 Athletic pointguard and finish 92 at the end of the season...

i never did any cheat or anything... i just change the game time to 12 minutes per quarter and i work myself hard to get that record...

-------------------

I just created a new SF 6'9... i find it more amusing than my PG... i get Dwight Howard close two handed dunk and i can do lebron james tomahawk jam... power and finesse...

with 6'9 height will give you the ability to dunk close to the ring... just below the ring... i create 6'8 just to confirm it but i cant dunk close to the ring with 6'8... so at 6'9 height you can do both standing dunk... even if your standing dunk rating is low...

im focusing Inside shot, close shot... my strategy is hold the ball drive, slash, dunk... if cant give ball to teammate get assist... or find teammate get assist, if your teammate took a shoot go get some offensive rebound... then DUNK!!!!

now im happy with my SF... i can play both worlds... power and finesse...
Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #434
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipso
Good call on that, it didnt even cross my mind.

I am in the playoffs right now durring my second season so we will see what happens after I guess.
Yes, please keep me posted brother. I just played the pistons first round game 1, and we won 93-78. Was a tough battle, didn't really start to pull ahead until the 3rd quarter.

So you've already made it to year 2, no issues?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #435
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobz
how does emotion affect gameplay? or what does it do for/to my player?
A couple theories out on this one and noone is really sure. One theory is it really doesn't do anything other than a few emotions. another is that it effects the rate at which you draw fouls. Another is that it effects your player's morale and therefore several of the other ratings in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #436
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
A couple theories out on this one and noone is really sure. One theory is it really doesn't do anything other than a few emotions. another is that it effects the rate at which you draw fouls. Another is that it effects your player's morale and therefore several of the other ratings in the game.
ahh.. i see. first is kinda unlikely. it would be dumb if a stat is there just for "emoticons" of the players. third would is more likely to happen.

thanks kcarr.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #437
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylum
Yes, please keep me posted brother. I just played the pistons first round game 1, and we won 93-78. Was a tough battle, didn't really start to pull ahead until the 3rd quarter.

So you've already made it to year 2, no issues?
Yea im in the second round vs. the Magic up 2-0 going back to Orlando. I was going to just blow the playoffs (foul out each game) but the computer isnt totally "cheating" like it did last season in the playoffs. I am going to try to get through it as quick as possible to see what happens rolling into season three.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 2

For me if i won mvp,roy,finals mvp, championship I would striaght out quit the game.That would never ever ever happen to a rookie.I play realistically, dont smash the a button I play how i would think I would.

Im on the Spurs which is a good thing I can learn a thing or two from tony and see longoria :P.Too bad after 5 games they bumped me down to the D league o well.I hope I can get called up before playoffs being.

12min quarters is awesome when your playing 17 mins per game.When ever I get to 35+ I'll bump it down to 10min quarters.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #439
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruneul
For me if i won mvp,roy,finals mvp, championship I would striaght out quit the game.That would never ever ever happen to a rookie.I play realistically, dont smash the a button I play how i would think I would.

Im on the Spurs which is a good thing I can learn a thing or two from tony and see longoria :P.Too bad after 5 games they bumped me down to the D league o well.I hope I can get called up before playoffs being.

12min quarters is awesome when your playing 17 mins per game.When ever I get to 35+ I'll bump it down to 10min quarters.
I have the problem the other guy did with the Hawks im currently in first for MVP voting but he plays for a good team and I play for the Kings which kinda made it so unless I was spectacular all the time we dont win games. So my stats are kind of high which puts me near the top for the voting.

Another thought Next year I want them to add an influence chart to each team in My Player. for example

Say you are on a team with LeBron James and he wants to add in this order a PG, C, PF...you are a bench warmer and you ask for them to add a SG, PG, C. I want the AI for the computer to take into account what each player thinks would improve the team. It would make it so if you turn your player into a beast and you really want them to make a run at say a top flight PF then they will at least try and get one during the season/offseason as it stands now its a blind role of the dice what your team will do during the season and during the offseason. I know on RL play dont really get a say in what is done but you cant tell me everything Cleveland had nothing to do with pleasing there star player. I guess I just would like to be able to have a lil more control of personell decisions in My Player mode. Albeit very indirectly so you may want Bosh but get Boozer...all you asked for was a PF so you live with it...

I also want to be able to actually sign contracts and request trades. The contracts would at least make it so that when your drafted you at least have to stay 2 years. they dont even really need to hold us to the real rookie scale if they dont want. I mean 4 years on a terrible team could be annyoing so get rid of the 2 yr team options. but at least make it semi realistic. cause as it stands now you just move like nothing really matters. so if during the offseason I sign with the Lakers and im a badass your telling me they had cap space to sign a guy who lets say is a 90 rtg...arent they like 30 mil over the luxury tax as is?

I hope that alll made sense I typed as it came to me
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #440
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Is it even worth it to put skill points on attributes such as Offensive/Def. Awareness and rebounding?

Since I'm only controlling one guy I can do these things myself. I'm already grabbing ~ 7rebs a game as a SG/SF combo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »