Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #1769
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

I wanted to ask a question of you guys. I only started a my player as a PG. I've usually played a C in 2k11 and will start one up too.

My question is this: If you are listed as combo guard, i.e. PG/SG will your team eventually start you at either position or on ever at your primary position (in this case PG)?

My player is 6'5 and was drafted by the Knicks. I wanted to create another Iman Shumpert type player (since he is fast becoming my fav Knick) in the hope that eventually the Knicks start both of us. Or at least I get a start alongside Baron Davis once I improve enough.

Any help would be excellent, either by post or PM would do. Cheers.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #1770
Banned

TheCaptain's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok, the coach programming in MP is just awful. I am playing a PG I remade who was drafted by the Bobcats. Fourth quarter, we are down by about twelve after a bucket by the Bucks so I call a timeout to kill the momentum they had going. That is when it turned in "Me" time, played solid defense and played selfish basketball got me three straight buckets followed by a some big boards and assists then a few more buckets that force them to call a time out with us only down two points with six minutes left.

AND what happens? I get pulled and we lose 90-88.

No idea why you would take out a player who is obviously taking the game over but whatever, I guess I got mine that game. 22 Minutes, 26 points, 4 boards, 8 assists, 1 block and 1 steal.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #1771
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0
Do upgrading your attributes (or whatever there called) really help? Talking about like stepbackjumper and those things
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #1772
Banned

OVR: 25

Planning on doing my MP tonight or tomorrow, finally.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #1773
Rookie

Rebounding is all about position I've found out. I have the same problem with Brand and Holiday taking rebounds right out of my hands, when I jump 3 feet higher <.<

My vert is only at 60, but my 7'5" wingspan has to be almost 4 feet. As long as I am somewhere close, I usually pick up the board.

Here lately I've just been getting BoxOut SP and letting Brand grab boards. It's been setting up fast breaks alot and we are scoring alot more as a team.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #1774
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
Do upgrading your attributes (or whatever there called) really help? Talking about like stepbackjumper and those things
Abilities "Help", but only so much you still need to raise your ratings. Also, the way 2K has this game programmed, if your shooting and consistency ratings are high doing the step back animation will get your player open and you won't have to put skill points into that ability yet.
NBA-MELO CP3 LeBron UNC
NFL-BREES POLAMALU
MLB-Yankees Royals
WNBA-Taurasi UCONN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-5bs...e_gdata_player
Old 01-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #1775
Rookie

I want to create speedy claxton in my nba 2k12 can someone help me with this so I can get the most authentic version of him as possible. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #1776
Rookie

I don't know what happened, but I like it....on a 6 game win streak, tied with Boston for the 2nd seed with 10 games left. 12 and 2 so far this month with back-to-backs against washington and atlanta to round out the month.

My team DOES play defense!?!?! Over the last 6 games the team as a whole has 50 steals and 100 blocks (50'ish from yours truly). They are passing much better and looking for the open man, though williams and Holiday still take way too many crazy jumpers. If we can keep the #2 seed, we'll breeze through the first 2 rounds, but we have 2 vs Orlando, 1 against Boston, and 1 more against Miami before the season ends. Keeping my fingers crossed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »