Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #1761
Banned

TheCaptain's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

Man, I love being a 7'0 center constantly being out jumped and out rebounded by my own and opposing guards who are only like 6'1 to 6'4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #1762
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis435
How do I sim games? I cant seem to find the option.
You an only do play next game or play next key game,but if you sim to your next key game you get no Xp
Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #1763
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain
Man, I love being a 7'0 center constantly being out jumped and out rebounded by my own and opposing guards who are only like 6'1 to 6'4.
Then get your vertical up higher.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #1764
Banned

TheCaptain's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbird123
Then get your vertical up higher.
I have it maxed for my center(which is only 65) but still shouldn't be getting half my rebounds stolen by Curry or Ellis.

Last edited by TheCaptain; 01-07-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #1765
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Man, I can not score at all on the Hornets Bigs. Every single time, I go up for a shot I am getting blocked or missing completely, I mean I have about 8 rebounds and 4 blocks myself but only 3 points, post game is not working at all right now.

Also, I hate getting turnovers because of three second violations because I can't get out of a forced animation in the paint.
That used to happen to me often and I'd be screaming at the game lol.

I figured a way around that if it happens and you get "stuck". Just use the screen/set pick button (B on the 360 / O on the PS3). You can actually walk slowly while still in this animation and get out of traffic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #1766
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I have it maxed for my center(which is only 65) but still shouldn't be getting half my rebounds stolen by Curry or Ellis.
I am having problems too with my PF. I maxed out his vertical(80) and got Off/Def rebound to 85.
I think you need to boost your quickness. I had more consistent success rebounding with my PG because he is quicker. I hadnt even improved his vertical yet, but his speed and quick allows him to get rebounds.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #1767
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWardAz
That is an awsome fuggin game, how many minutes? and on what setting
I think I had like 35-38 minutes. I play on Pro right(yeah I know), but before I get flamed, I don't play that much and am not that great right now. This difficulty is what seems to give me a good balance for now(despite this crazy stat line-exception not rule). I think after a few more games I'll bump up the difficulty. I was playing on the next difficulty and was getting completely destroyed, so I'm planning on working my way up until I can handle the harder difficulties. One thing I seem to notice is as the difficulty goes up the AI doesn't get better, my team gets worse.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #1768
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrikal
Does anyone know the approriate or acceptable heights for each position so that you can get the greatest amount of skill points per game?

Ex. I noticed a PG at 6'3 gets +38 pts per shot made whereas a PG ar 6'5 gets +32 pts. I know it isn't much of a difference but it's some information I'd certainly like to know.

Thanks in advance!
well the shorter you are, the more skill points you get. this is so there is a good reason to not make every player max height. so technically to get the most skill points make him the shortest possible. but i would NOT recommend this, since if you make your PG like 5'7 or your C like 6'7 you will have a huge disadvantage in about every aspect of the game. i recommend for a PG going between 6'1-6'4, a SG between 6'4-6'6, a SF between 6'7-6'10, PF between 6'9-7'0, C between 6'11-7'3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »