Home

NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #793
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread

If they only fix one thing in 2k14 it should be the way your players react to lose balls and this includes rebounds.

If I swipe the ball away, the ball can be under my player's feet, but he won't react to it and the cpu opponent will just pick it up again. Also, if the ball is swiped from one of my players I lose control of the player for a second while he goes through his "Oh no someone stole the ball from me!" animation.

When running to a lose ball, the cpu opponent will stretch out his arms to grab the ball, sometimes through my player. My player on the other hand, will just keep his hands by his side and even if he does get to the ball first, his hands will sometimes still not react to the ball and it'll just hit him in the chest and go out of bounds or to the cpu player or he'll just kick it.

I often keep the cpu to a low shooting percentage, but this is negated by my player's non-reaction to rebounds. The ball hits the floor too many times or my player will jump for the ball, but often, again his hands don't react properly to the position of the ball. The ball will be over his head, but he'll put his hands out in front of him and the ball will hit him on the head (or just goes straight past him) and the cpu gets the rebound. Or the ball will go straight to a guy under the basket, hit him on the head and there's no reaction. My players have terrible hands compared to the cpu and just generally don't react properly to the position of a ball. And yes, I do have very good rebounders. I've built my teams around that skill. It's pretty frustrating, shooting above 50% and keeping the cpu under 40%, but it's still a close game because the cpu has 20 offensive boards (a lot of these from players with terrible ratings). And just a little more on rebounding, having great position, jumping for the ball and then having a cpu player come flying over the back straight into my player and just sliding him out of the way in mid-air drives me mad.

When I defect a pass, it'll often go shooting out of bounds(even when the pass wasn't thrown very hard) or it'll go straight back to the passer or go straight one of his teammates. The cpu deflects the ball and it's like they have it on a string, straight to one of their teammates. And of course, no reaction from my players.

These issues I don't recall being a big problem in previous years (though I stuck with 2K11 over 2K12).
Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #794
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScruggy
Historic teams that NEED to be added
67 76ers
74 Celtics
77 Trail Blazers
78 Bullets
82 Lakers
83 76ers
84 Celtics
93 Suns
99 Spurs
00 Pacers
Any 1 of the 3-peat Laker teams
03 Nets
04 Pistons
05 Suns
05 Spurs
06 Heat
06 Heat LOL. Do they come with their own officiating crew?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #795
MVP

friscob's Arena

The 3 biggest things that need to be fixed

1. Stop all the BS animations, let us actually control the player. Hate trying to run out on a fastbreak or run to an open shooter and they put you in that terrible walking animation

2. I want my defender to not feel like he's skating. Defense is terrible

3. Sliders in My Career - I get some of the reasons to not include this but at least include it in offline my career. Tired of bummy players making every shot and both teams shooting in the low to mid 60%'s every game. No reason for my team to score close to 90 or 100 points w/ 6 min quarters

Until actual gameplay issues get fixed I don't really care about different game modes, menu music, or the color of my players socks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #796
Rookie

OVR: 6

1. Fix the up-and-under. Not everyone is Kevin McHale. Bring back low post offense as an attribute and let that determine the efficiency of post moves. Get rid of post proficiency as a result (not that there's anything wrong with it; it just wouldn't be needed)

2. Defensive players still feel like they're skating, like you still don't have full control over their movements.

3. It should be easier to expose bad defenders. If a player has weak on-ball defense, I shouldn't be able to turn him into Bruce Bowen just because I'm controlling him. Players with bad defensive awareness should be easier to exploit in pick and roll situations as well as screens and cuts.

4. My Career needs to go back to regular skill points. Why is it easier to get VC in other modes than it is in My Career? That should not be the case. Teammates are still awful on defense and give up millions of 3-pointers, just from lazy, unmotivated defense (Go back and look at replays when you give up 3s. You'd be amazed). I still feel we earn playing time too easily and I want more control over my guy's starting attributes.

5. I want to feel more of a presence with shot blockers. Erasers are borderline useless in this game because shot blocking in this game isn't as good as it used to be. You can't block dunks. I remember adjusting my game to avoid the Cambys and Kirilenkos. But now, you can go right at Dwight Howard and not get swatted 90% of the time. I want to feel the difference between Chuck Hayes and Samuel Dalembert.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #797
Rookie

OVR: 4

In My Career they need to pay you in ACTUAL MONEY! No one wants to be paid in VC, just have an option to where you can buy VC with your spare cash like 10,000 VC for a million bucks.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #798
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Thats fine if you think so, but when I play I want to enjoy my self and no mature person wants to deal with this type a crap. I have no problem beating these tactics, but i'd rather be rewarded for playing the right way rather than quiting and boosting the ego of some cheesy bum. Your little 50% pip statement was just plain silly, because you can score as much you want in the paint, but there aren' alwayst fouls called for reaching, you still get sucked charges, there are no more blocking fouls at half court.
But... We all paid $60 to play our own ways...

Also, KICK AFK PLAYERS IN BLACKTOP after X amount of minutes.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #799
MVP

friscob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScruggy
In My Career they need to pay you in ACTUAL MONEY! No one wants to be paid in VC, just have an option to where you can buy VC with your spare cash like 10,000 VC for a million bucks.
I like your transfer of currencies idea. Also, I noticed when I got a new contract that I barely got a pay bump at all. I was drafted in the mid 1st round and was making 500 VC a year. After 3 years I was rated 93 overall and the highest offer I received was 620 per year. Really 2K? So I go from like 38 VC per check to 43 VC?!? This in no way reflects the real pay increase a player would get.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #800
MVP

RONDO4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 1

Many More Historic Teams. Not Just from the 60's,70's 80's 90's
Add teams like
2008 celtics (Champions)
2009 Lakers ( Consecutive Champions)
2011 Mavs(Champions)
2011 Heat (Birth of big three)
2006 heat (First Championship)