Home

PC Discussions Thread

This is a discussion on PC Discussions Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #129
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: PC Impression's Thread

I never use the lowest but I'll tinker and see what happens

Try making a line in ms paint with the spray paint setting and that's what the hair looks like at a distance
Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #130
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I never use the lowest but I'll tinker and see what happens

Try making a line in ms paint with the spray paint setting and that's what the hair looks like at a distance
. Thanks, I needed that laugh. I still like pigpen hair. It is bad with Varejao. Especially when shooting free throws from behind on Drive Cam. It looks like a dust cloud over his head with some squiggles!

It's reminding me of DirectTv Rob Lowe and cable Rob Lowe. Not the same guy! LOL!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
. Thanks, I needed that laugh. I still like pigpen hair. It is bad with Varejao. Especially when shooting free throws from behind on Drive Cam. It looks like a dust cloud over his head with some squiggles!

It's reminding me of DirectTv Rob Lowe and cable Rob Lowe. Not the same guy! LOL!
Ohhhhhh that? Yeah Elfred Peyton suffers from that as well and I have all settings maxed out. Maybe have to double check!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #132
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Hahahahaha
Old 10-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 0

My impressions are as follows:

First, it is (so long overdue, and freaking) amazing to finally have the ability to play w/ against friends online. It is great to fire up the game, and see my steam friends show up in game.

There have been some connectivity issues, but the nba2k/status page indicates that there are intermittent issues at the time.

But, in the first couple of days, I have already done things I could never do in previous pc releases... play a game against my friend using a custom roster (via online league) and do random quick matches.

Last night, I was having some connectivity issues, though.

Graphically, it is fine. Running maxed at 2560x1600 and it has been running great for the most part. I will say it seems as though current players received some visual love, but the legends players (at least the ones I've seen so far) don't seem to have received the same visual love.

I haven't played a ton yet, but I am enjoying the gameplay improvements so far. I particularly like the body contact in the paint and on drives. The pacing is more deliberate overall now (which I like). Really enjoying the shot meter, and (at least on superstar) it seems there is less cheese in the jump shooting (and shooting while contested). I'd say it is more difficult to shoot well this year, and I appreciate that.

It is sad that I am so excited over basic functionality (like the ability to play with friends) but that is reality, and I am just glad that we finally get to enjoy it.

Don't know how well they will support it, or if server connectivity will improve or not... but so far, their responses to pc questions (pre-load, and midnight release) have actually been there, so I am holding out hope that they will not completely ignore us post-release, and that this is the beginning of a shift towards doing it the right way (finally).
Old 10-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #134
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

My on the court impressions so far are pretty positive. Offensive rebounding seems to have been greatly reduced this year which is a great thing. The floor spacing seems to be way better this year, it doesn't feel like the court is too small for 10 men anymore. The number of fouls seems quite good at default settings as well. The presentations honestly feels like a slight step back to me this year though. I like the stuff with Shaq and Ernie but just about everything else seems like it either hasn't improved or has actually regressed (although team intros are nice too!). I haven't messed around with Online or My Player at all yet but just from playing a couple exhibition games I am quite happy with this year's game so far.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #135
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PC Discussions Thread

The microstuttering in games when reported by various users with different systems/setups means bad coding by devs and finally poor optimization. That's the case with 2k15 and Fifa 15. In Fifa it is easily solved by just forcing triple buffering for AMD gpu's, In NBA2k15 is more complex.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PC Discussions Thread

Me and a couple of randomers doing work on the court.

Last edited by kiev123; 10-09-2014 at 01:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »