Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #817
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Well, we just forced too many 3's in the 1st half of today's quarterfinal Summer League game. We just stomped Memphis 2 days ago. We played a totally different type of game today against them. 4-24 from 3-pt. range in the 1st half is shooting way too many 3's. Also, the defense in comparison to the last time we played Memphis was bad. Too many wide open shots & too many easy putbacks.

This was the 1st of the 5 games Grant Wiiliams had played in which he had a +/- that was in the (-) range. I thought he done pretty well on defense but did again get a couple of unnecessary fouls. He wasn't shooting like he had been either. 0-4 from 3's. He was scoring in the paint better today so he should have taken the ball to the basket more or pulled up driving with that 8-10 foot leaner of his where he jumps into the defender. That's the shot that was falling for him but he didn't use it enough.

Edwards is a no doubt NBA shot maker. He can shoot from deep just like Dame Dollar. There's no shot out of his range & he can hit them too. He should be a lock for the NBA roster. I know we signed him to a contract for over $4 million so he's going to get paid well to begin his career. He is also strong & dependent driving to the bucket.

Waters played well too with the situation that he was in today. I was surprised that he played. I guess the basketball court was his happy place to get the death of his father from his mind. He didn't act like it was bothering him but we know it was.

Robert Williams didn't even play the last 8-10 minutes of this game after having a nice game last time out. We had Onuaku in there instead & to be honest I don't know why. Robert Williams only had 1 point but he did have 12 rebounds & 2 blocks in his 20 minutes. I think Robert Williams with his play last game earned to be in there during crunch time.

Tacko also didn't play much in this game. He only had 7 minutes playing time. Maybe there's not much to read into that but from all reports around we're moving on from him. I think he gets a look from another team though. Strus is actually a little better player than what I originally thought. He's a decent shooter from deep. Strus as a two-way player could help us if Tatum was to be struggling for a stretch of any time.

He did have 2 pretty solid seasons @ DePaul averaging 18 pts. his junior year & 20+ points his senior season. I remember watching him play against Georgetown last season. He lit them up for like either 33 or 35 points with like 6 or 7 3 pointers. He has good size & height so he might not be a bad two-way player after all. I thought we had messed up by signing him instead of Tacko but I've now changed my mind.

I definitely think Langford will end up in the G-league for at least a month if not longer to start next season. Waters is the other two-way contract player but he will probably be up & down most of next season. Waters is a capable PG for sure but Kemba & Edwards along with Smart (when not playing SG) have to be our PG rotation. I still don't understand the Wannamaker resigning.

We really have 3 PG's in Kemba, Edwards, & Smart that are better choices than him. Waters is even better than him right now. I don't see how he gets many if any minutes. Grant I think with his play in the Summer League games might have already locked up starting @ PF. He's just a smarter & better player than any other PF we have on the roster right now. Theis & Poirer would follow behind him. Kanter will be our starting Center with Robert Williams & Poirer being next in line.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 07-13-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #818
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

The official signing of Carsen Edwards & Vincent Poirer: https://celticswire.usatoday.com/201...me-latest-news

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/201...me-latest-news

On a side note: On Edwards wrist wrap for the Summer League play it read like this:

HELP MAMA OUT
THANK GOD
HAVE FUN
KILL EVERYTHING

What a great young man we have in Edwards. Wish him nothing but the best for his entire NBA career.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 07-15-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #819
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

One other thing I found out about. Romeo Langford didn't play in the Summer League because he's recovering from thumb surgery. I didn't know that at all. I don't think any of the ESPN announcers ever mentioned this either about Langford.

That's why he wasn't playing & not because he was showing that he wasn't ready for the NBA just yet. So, I fully expect by the time the season rolls around that he would probably be on the NBA roster unless there's a lingering problem with that thumb.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 07-16-2019, 07:30 PM   #820
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Celtics rescind qualifying offer to Daniel Theis to clear cap space. Guess I didn’t see that coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-16-2019, 11:44 PM   #821
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Celtics rescind qualifying offer to Daniel Theis to clear cap space. Guess I didn’t see that coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow. That is sort of surprising to me. I guess Ainge is going to use that extra money for another FA. Probably got his eye on a veteran FA. That or opened up an extra spot on the roster for a possible trade.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 02:26 AM   #822
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

The rescinding of Theis doesn't mean we're parting ways with him. This was done as a CAP space move: https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/07/...iel-theis-nba/

We have the Early Bird Rights to Theis so we now have ~$1.1 million to spend on a roster spot which right now would be the 14th man but like the article stated signing Theis later on makes him the 15th man.

I think exactly what the article says is what Ainge is going to do. Use that extra $1.1 million to get Waters a guaranteed contract instead of the two-way contract he has now. That will allow a player like Tacko Fall or Javonte Green to be added as a two-way player in Water's place. Very smart move by Ainge if you ask me.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 07-17-2019, 04:57 PM   #823
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

According to Grant's IG it looks like he's going to go with #12.

The first one was a hint from a few days ago. The second one confirms it.

Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #824
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Official Boston Celtics Thread

Summer League and listening to the introductory press conferences of Kemba and Kanter left me dying for the season to start.

Prefect pallet cleansers to help me love my team again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »