Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 10:18 AM   #417
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
@IAmDPick

$6.3M guaranteed money is a good amount to leave behind in an attempt to make a roster thought to be full. Could have something to do with IT's hip, but then again could mean nothing at all.
My guess is he's just a 4th PG to bring into training camp. Ainge did love Larkin out of college so it doesn't surprise me that he would want to bring him in. With that said, even if IT is out to start the season, I think Smart, Rozier, and Hayward can hold down the ball handler duties.

If Larkin makes the team then it means one of the rooks didn't have a good camp.... and I think all three of our young guys have more potential than Larkin.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #418
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Breaking News on SportsCenter right now. We are in serious trade talks with the Cavs in trading Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, & Ante Zizic for Kyrie Irving & draft picks. I am pissed about now. I can't believe we would get rid of IT. That was one player that I thought we would keep. We just got him 3 years ago in a trade. What's up with this? Why would we want to trade him?

Is IT wanting out of Boston or something? This is the drop in the bucket for me to lose respect for Danny Ainge. If this happens then I will never respect Ainge & his efforts to keep a strong role as a President of Basketball Operations man.

I am beyond aggravated right now. This trade is beyond ridiculous to me. Nothing against Kyrie because he's a heck of a player but IT has carried us for 3 seasons. Both will be making big money next contracts but IT is just more exciting to watch in my opinion especially with his small size. I just don't get it!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #419
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

^ Deal is now DONE!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 PM   #420
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Here's what gets me about this trade. We are giving up 4 players for one in the end when you add in the Nets 2018 pick which could end up being a lottery pick too. A superstar in IT, a good offensive & defensive player in Jae Crowder, an upcoming possible good player in Zizic, & the unforeseen in the 2018 Nets draft pick which could end up being another star/superstar.

I'm thinking that Ainge is concerned about IT & his injured hip in the playoffs last season. I don't know that but I have to give him some excuse for what I think is a boneheaded move. The only other thing it could be is that Kyrie is experienced in the playoffs going to the Finals & has more size than IT & can defend better with that taller height.

I'm just trying to come up with something that would make him pull the trigger on this trade. IT was no doubt my favorite Celtic. That hurts a lot. I guess I'm heartbroken more than anything but I know this is a business. However, I don't think this is a good business move by Mr. Ainge.

What do you other Celtic guys think about this trade? I still think we're a top 3 Eastern Conference team but I don't know about contending with the Cavs & Wizards to be the best Eastern team. I am glad that neither Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum was traded in this deal. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 08-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #421
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm kind of sick about this trade honestly. When it first broke they were saying it was for IT, Crowder, Zizic and "picks" I was like okay, maybe I like this. However, when they said it was for Brooklyn's pick all of that changed and I hated it.

Losing IT sucks, especially after all he's done for the team and all that he's been through. But I can understand it as a business decision. It's really all going to come down to the Brooklyn picks. The difference between IT and Kyrie is less than Crowder (who has the best non-rookie contract in the league), Zizic (who has a lot of potential) and likely a Top 4-5 pick (which will probably be Bagley, Porter, Ayton, or Bamba).

I think, if the Brooklyn pick is Top 4, then Cleveland made themselves better/deeper this season and in the future and it's a A+ trade for them. For us, it's hard to say.... I'm excited about having Kyrie but I'm going to miss IT, Crowder and the nightly Nets watch that I've been used to the last two seasons. I hope I'm wrong and Stevens makes Kyrie even better but for now I'm not that happy with this deal.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 01:41 AM   #422
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm kind of sick about this trade honestly. When it first broke they were saying it was for IT, Crowder, Zizic and "picks" I was like okay, maybe I like this. However, when they said it was for Brooklyn's pick all of that changed and I hated it.

Losing IT sucks, especially after all he's done for the team and all that he's been through. But I can understand it as a business decision. It's really all going to come down to the Brooklyn picks. The difference between IT and Kyrie is less than Crowder (who has the best non-rookie contract in the league), Zizic (who has a lot of potential) and likely a Top 4-5 pick (which will probably be Bagley, Porter, Ayton, or Bamba).

I think, if the Brooklyn pick is Top 4, then Cleveland made themselves better/deeper this season and in the future and it's a A+ trade for them. For us, it's hard to say.... I'm excited about having Kyrie but I'm going to miss IT, Crowder and the nightly Nets watch that I've been used to the last two seasons. I hope I'm wrong and Stevens makes Kyrie even better but for now I'm not that happy with this deal.
Amen brother! Not having IT to watch on the floor as a Celtics is gonna be tough getting used to because he had so much heart & determination. The Nets are going to end up giving the Cavs pretty much a lottery pick. However, if the Lakers get the 2nd-5th pick in the next draft we will get that pick. We can't forget that either. Right now though the Cavs are the big winners of this deal. Getting 4 players for one & that 4th player possibly being a lottery pick too.

I don't believe Danny is going to stop here now though. I see another trade/move coming before the start of training camp. We really need another solid type player after giving up all that we did. I was glad that Avery Bradley wasn't in on the deal though. At least we got to keep our best two way player on the team. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 08-24-2017, 03:09 AM   #423
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

my thoughts losing IT really sucks man forget the rest he gave it his all. Kyrie > IT2 and that impact really factors in the playoffs but I don't think he was that much better than IT2 you may call me not exactly a fan of Kyrie over time so not wanting to pay IT2 the max and the hip is a concern I totally get but was that really worth Jae Crowder and the Nets pick he refused to trade for so long.

C's really need Tatum and Jaylen Brown to play well now. I will say Smart is perfect guy next to Kyrie because of his defense and Kyrie's shooting Smart lack there of Shooting is less of an problem imo. Ainge has certainly earned the benefit of the doubt so I'm less upset but I'm looking forward to see how this looks over time.

Last edited by BleacherBum2310; 08-24-2017 at 03:11 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #424
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

The hip issue with Isaiah is coming into play now. The Cavs are considering their options after IT's physical. Rumors are that the Cavs are going to ask for more compensation. Like asking for another draft pick or player. No way I would do that Danny. I would null the trade before giving up anymore picks/players. That would be fine with me anyhow.

I want IT to stay in Boston regardless of what the physical showed on his hip injury. It must be not healing right or the Cavs wouldn't have brought this up. That's scary for Isaiah too. He might not ever be the same type player again after that hip injury.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »