Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2019, 11:32 AM   #761
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Rank these big men in order of who you want most to least:
- Enes Kanter
- Kevon Looney
- Nerlens Noel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Looney

big gap

Noel

huge gap

Kanter

if they can get Looney for the exception that feels like a steal. I think he's going to be priced out though. I don't really love Kanter. He's a + for rebounding but he's really really bad on D.

I think i would prefer the Dedmon,Robin Lopez, Noel, Ed Davis, Noah tier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2019, 03:59 PM   #762
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Looney

big gap

Noel

huge gap

Kanter

if they can get Looney for the exception that feels like a steal. I think he's going to be priced out though. I don't really love Kanter. He's a + for rebounding but he's really really bad on D.

I think i would prefer the Dedmon,Robin Lopez, Noel, Ed Davis, Noah tier.
I too was all for us getting Dedmond but he made $7 million this past season & would be above the $4.7 exception. The others you mentioned above would work though. Looney would qualify for that $4.7 million exception.

He only made $1.5 million this season so we can easily sign him with that exception. Kanter I found out would also be below the $4.7 million exception as well. Dedmond is the only one out it seems of the ones I listed plus the ones you listed above.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 06-30-2019, 04:01 PM   #763
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

They are potentially working a 3-team deal between the Nets and Hornets where there are sign-and-trades revolves around Irving, Rozier and Kemba that would open up the Full MLE for the Celtics. I imagine with the Full MLE in hand it would open up a few more options for us at center. Dedmon definitely becomes a possibility and I think Brook Lopez would be up there as well.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:27 PM   #764
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
They are potentially working a 3-team deal between the Nets and Hornets where there are sign-and-trades revolves around Irving, Rozier and Kemba that would open up the Full MLE for the Celtics. I imagine with the Full MLE in hand it would open up a few more options for us at center. Dedmon definitely becomes a possibility and I think Brook Lopez would be up there as well.

It's now happened & I absolutely can't believe what Rozier got in this sign & trade deal. 3 years/$58 million? Are you kidding me? The Hornets are taking an awful big chance on this amount of money for a player that's not been a starting PG in this league. Holy Cow! https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...in-free-agency

I'm now hoping for Dedmond now for a big man. We can afford him now. I would much rather have him than Robin Lopez. Brook Lopez has already agreed to resign with the Bucks. I see you got them mixed up just like I have in the past. LOL!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 06-30-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:15 PM   #765
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
It's now happened & I absolutely can't believe what Rozier got in this sign & trade deal. 3 years/$58 million? Are you kidding me? The Hornets are taking an awful big chance on this amount of money for a player that's not been a starting PG in this league. Holy Cow! https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...in-free-agency

I'm now hoping for Dedmond now for a big man. We can afford him now. I would much rather have him than Robin Lopez. Brook Lopez has already agreed to resign with the Bucks. I see you got them mixed up just like I have in the past. LOL!
Dedmon signed with Sacramento. There are still plenty of options left but we need the Nets to play ball with us now and we'd have to pay them to do so.... If we can workout a S&T (Kyrie to BRK, Kemba to BOS, Rozier to CHA) then we would be operating as a Over the Cap team. That would give us the full MLE as opposed to the Room Exception. That's $9M vs $4.7M and would open up more players to us.

Also, in the S&T scenario Horford coming back isn't entirely off the table yet. Plus, the teams with space to sign him they are slowly dwindling down. Al may be waiting on the Kawhi shoe to drop and join him in LA with the Clippers. If not, the 76ers have space for him if Jimmy walks.

Nothing is official until the 6th and a lot can happen.. Maybe Horford runs out of options, maybe a trade, maybe someone like Derrick Favors shakes loose... Fun/anxious times ahead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2019, 09:14 PM   #766
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Dedmon signed with Sacramento. There are still plenty of options left but we need the Nets to play ball with us now and we'd have to pay them to do so.... If we can workout a S&T (Kyrie to BRK, Kemba to BOS, Rozier to CHA) then we would be operating as a Over the Cap team. That would give us the full MLE as opposed to the Room Exception. That's $9M vs $4.7M and would open up more players to us.

Also, in the S&T scenario Horford coming back isn't entirely off the table yet. Plus, the teams with space to sign him they are slowly dwindling down. Al may be waiting on the Kawhi shoe to drop and join him in LA with the Clippers. If not, the 76ers have space for him if Jimmy walks.

Nothing is official until the 6th and a lot can happen.. Maybe Horford runs out of options, maybe a trade, maybe someone like Derrick Favors shakes loose... Fun/anxious times ahead.

Horford just agreed to sign with the 76ers: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...in-sixers-109m That's 2 former players now staying in our division.

Favors is now a possibility since the Jazz gave all that money to Boban instead of trying to resign Favors. Edit: Favors isn't a Free Agent until 2020 so he's not an option unless it's a trade.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 07-01-2019 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #767
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

No chances the Celtics land Favors.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:50 PM   #768
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Everyone is getting gobbled up, I hope Danny has a plan.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »