Home

The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier

This is a discussion on The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #57
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier

Atrocious. Woodson is coaching like D'antoni these days. Terrible D. Simple O'. yuck. Amare is just in there to give the other team a big lead. I think he might need to retire. a 10 minute restriction???
Old 11-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #58
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I think Woody is out of ideas so he's going to ride Melo. He knows his job is on the line already.

I don't even know what our offense is anymore. A random pick and roll and a ton of one on one. We're standing around more than ever. It looks like a pick up game at the Y. I mentioned it before but we take way, way too many mid-range jumpers.

Bargs is awful. He's insanely out of shape.
Stat is so done he shouldn't even be on the active roster.
If Chandler misses time I don't know if we'll have a guy over 6'9 dressing each night.
Melo is thinking way too much and his shot isn't falling. As usual, too many low percentage shots.
I don't know what to say about Felton anymore, he's not good enough to be a starter in this league.
Shump is caught in the mix, seems like he's the one guy that keeps getting grief from Woody and I don't know why. Let's piss off the one guy with potential on this team.
Ron is Ron, take the good with the bad.
THJ can't make anything yet, but I'm being patient with him.
Prigs is the only consistent, reliable player on this team right now.
And somehow throwing JR into this nonsense next weekend is going to make it even worse.

If this all goes as bad as possible we don't even have a 2014 first rounder in the most stacked draft in years. Sweet.

I need to put down the bottle now.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 9

We're not getting any action in the paint and that is one area I am hoping JR can help us improve. When he's got it going he is actually very good taking it to the basket. Like ehh said, just too many jumpshots right now.

And why wasn't Cole Aldrich available last night? We could've used him.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #60
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Chandler out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #61
MVP

Vast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Chandler out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula.
Sheesh it's like we're cursed due to Dolan's bad karma. That injury sounds like worse case scenario for Chandler. ****! I hate Kemba
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #62
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Steve Clifford may not coach the Bobcats tonight due to health concerns. That means assistant Patrick Ewing might make his NBA head coaching debut against the Knicks.

Even if it's as an interim head coach, I feel bad karma heading our way.

We're officially going small ball with Chandler out. Starting line up is:
- Prigs
- Felton
- Shump
- Melo
- Bargs

God that's gross. When Melo & Bargs have been on the floor together this year they're allowing 157 points-per-100-possessions and 68% FG-Def.

To add to the fun of our switching scheme, Woody said that we'll trap more to make up for the loss of Chandler. The bummy Bobcats might shoot 60% from the floor tongiht.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #63
MVP

Vast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Steve Clifford may not coach the Bobcats tonight due to health concerns. That means assistant Patrick Ewing might make his NBA head coaching debut against the Knicks.

Even if it's as an interim head coach, I feel bad karma heading our way.

We're officially going small ball with Chandler out. Starting line up is:
- Prigs
- Felton
- Shump
- Melo
- Bargs

God that's gross. When Melo & Bargs have been on the floor together this year they're allowing 157 points-per-100-possessions and 68% FG-Def.

To add to the fun of our switching scheme, Woody said that we'll trap more to make up for the loss of Chandler. The bummy Bobcats might shoot 60% from the floor tongiht.
The Knicks played surprisingly well tonight. I only caught the end of the 4th quarter but Barg had a nice stat line. 5 blocks and i think 8 rebs to go with 25 points. I'm impressed.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 11

Will someone explain to me what the **** happened Sunday? The Spurs ran a Basketball 101 clinic on the Knicks. No effort at all.

Any more performances like that and I'll bet Brain-Dead Dolan changes coaches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »