Home

The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen

This is a discussion on The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #241
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen

Franchises that win consistently(Spurs, Patriots, Steelers, etc.) have smart owners who hire the right people, put them in the right positions and leave them alone. There's also ONE philosophy throughout the entire organization, a positive culture, player development and the team has an identity. During the Riley/Van Gundy years, we knew what the Knicks were. They haven't had an identity since, and their culture is still toxic.

How are the Knicks going to attract top free agents when the franchise is looked at as NBA Siberia?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #242
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Also remember the Riley and Van Gundy years were pre-Dolan.

It starts with him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 04-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #243
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

It's remarkable how dead this thread was this year. Less than 1/3 of the replies we typically get. It was quiet even before KP's injury. I think everyone is ready to move on from Hornacek.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 04-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #244
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It's remarkable how dead this thread was this year. Less than 1/3 of the replies we typically get. It was quiet even before KP's injury. I think everyone is ready to move on from Hornacek.

Which coach is available and would realistically come here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #245
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

I'm barely following the team anymore. Which is sad because I can't remember ever caring so little about the team. I'm tired of the "which point guard will play" arguments. I'm tired of Hornacek giving his typical, no answer answers.

I'm sick of the organization as a whole. I just don't care. And I'm not sure when I will care again.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #246
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I'm barely following the team anymore. Which is sad because I can't remember ever caring so little about the team. I'm tired of the "which point guard will play" arguments. I'm tired of Hornacek giving his typical, no answer answers.

I'm sick of the organization as a whole. I just don't care. And I'm not sure when I will care again.
Same here......s**t, during the championship years, the Bernard King years, the Riley/Van Gundy era, I was seriously into this franchise. I worked near MSG, and when the Knicks were relevant, the area was jumping. But now I'm worn out and disgusted with nearly 20 years of nonsense. With the current front office and questions about Porzingis, there is nothing to be optimistic about.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:34 PM   #247
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Here we go again.

An article about the Knicks aquiring Kemba Walker with the mention of the Knicks using their potential ninth overall pick to do so.

And this is why this team continues down the road of mediocrity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Old 04-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #248
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

There just hasn't been anything noteworthy to talk about. It's been a relatively drama-free season, along with the usual number of losses.

The tank is back in full effect as of tonight. Our next 2 games are at home, but against teams that are tied for the 6/8 spot and can't afford to throw any games. The last 2 are a home & home vs the Cavs, who are only a game and a half back from falling out of HCA. We could definitely lose out here.

Bulls, Kings, Nets are our obstacles. Top 7 means an 18.3% chance at top 3 instead of 8.2% at 8 and 7.9% at 9. We're 8 as of tonight, 2 games behind the Kings and Nets, tied with the Bulls. Kings are playing Phoenix right now, and have a game against Memphis. Nets and Bulls play each other twice.

LETS THE DICE ROLL OUR WAY FOR ****ING ONCE BASKETBALL GODS!
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »