Home

***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread***

This is a discussion on ***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread*** within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread***

Turn Coxson into WR Quinton Dunbar if you don't already have him in the game. He has been arguably the best Freshman in camp so far and will likely see action this year. He also ran the fatest 40 of any of the Freshman (reported as 4.32). Dunbar was a solid 4* recruit, but no one expected him to play this year, so he's been a surprise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #42
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Clemson DL Corey Crawford looks to be headed to Hargrave.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Chantz Staden should be created for Washington St, looks like he will be the starting RB if James Montgomery isn't good to go...

NCAA Cougs preview: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/20...ashington.html

"The ground game, which tallied a pathetic 70.7 ypg a year ago, will need to do much better if Tuel is going to have any success. As of now Chantz Staden and Logwone Mitz will handle the running back duties, but coach Wulff believes James Montgomery could actually make a return this year after suffering a very tough injury."

Chantz Staden player profile:

http://www.wsucougars.com/sports/m-f..._chantz00.html
Old 08-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #44
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
He's done with all the teams but look here:
awesome. thanks for the response man.

ill keep my eyes peeled here for the one that gets released sometime today. in the mean time, ill snag the one completed in his locker.

thanks again.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #45
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
awesome. thanks for the response man.

ill keep my eyes peeled here for the one that gets released sometime today. in the mean time, ill snag the one completed in his locker.

thanks again.
You're welcome!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #46
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I did the Florida State roster edits for Carson when he was still active on these forums and had the Seminoles rosters perfect. I downloaded yours and now they look horrendous. I know that this is not YOUR fault DK (love your rosters in the past) and that someone else changed them from the previous regiment and taking peoples "suggestions" and not facts.
Now, I don't know who took the file from DK with the equipment edits so I can't say anything about that part.

Quote:
But before I make the recommended changes, let me say that there's a flaw with these rosters (all teams; again, not your fault.) There are a lot of 4-star and highly regarded 3-star prospects on the rosters that have crap ratings.
Flaws? DK might take others suggestions about ratings but he is the one that makes the final call on these ratings in his roster. You state "all teams" but I would only personally agree with a select few teams in regards to ratings.

Are you stating that Carson and CK11 have a better based roster set with ratings? I don't think so! They have inflated ratings for far too many players and the file hasn't been worked on by those two in almost two weeks. The thread for that roster has poor organization and the latest updates haven't even been posted from the 1st post like was agreed upon when the thread was started.

I'll let DK chime in when he gets the chance but I don't support all your claims about his roster especially in comparison to the ones Carson and CK11 had been doing.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #47
Rookie

gator_hater98's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleEXPERT
I did the Florida State roster edits for Carson when he was still active on these forums and had the Seminoles rosters perfect. I downloaded yours and now they look horrendous. I know that this is not YOUR fault DK (love your rosters in the past) and that someone else changed them from the previous regiment and taking peoples "suggestions" and not facts.

I actually work for Florida State's football team (that's great, you'll have the inside edge), know the team inside and out, and will be on the sidelines tomorrow for the Seminoles scrimmage at 12 Noon. So I'm not just throwing crap out there hoping it will stick.

But before I make the recommended changes, let me say that there's a flaw with these rosters (all teams; again, not your fault.) There are a lot of 4-star and highly regarded 3-star prospects on the rosters that have crap ratings.

Why does this matter?

Because when EA did the tuner update to make all prospects WE recruit in the game, it bumped up their ratings. You will sign 4-stars consistently that come in as an 80 Freshmen. That means that they will automatically leap frog Freshman A who was a Top 100 recruit in the country in real life (regardless of position) that EA ranked a 74 when he should be a 78-79 on EA's new ranking scale for 4-stars. Then the 3-stars who EA ranked in the 60's have no chance of ever starting for their teams. Take Keion Payne (CB) for Miami for example. Florida State wanted him badly. Florida wanted him too. The Canes landed him. There were other big time programs around the country that wanted this kid. He's a 67; the chances are greater than 50% that he will never do anything in this game b/c of that rating. The same goes for a lot of Freshmen in this game, and in some cases Sophomores.

I have to make this post long-winded (sorry) and it will probably be my only post so feel free to email me personally at [email protected] if you want help with correcting the issue above - because I did it previously with Carson's rosters for my own personal set.

Anyways, onto the Florida State roster.

FOR STARTERS.

None of the OL on Florida State wear knee braces. Offensive line coach Rick Trickett does not let his OL wear them as they decrease their mobility and agility for his zone blocking scheme. The only time a player on the OL is permitted to wear a knee brace is if he is rehabbing an injury, or stabilizing a knee injury that has been cleared by the doctor to practice/play on.

All players on Florida State wear Revolution or Revolution Speed helmets.

The defensive tackles for FSU do not wear gloves. The only time they wear gloves are when it rains.

I don't know why someone is adamant about having Avis Commack (I for one was not adamant, just could not think of anyone else to suggest to add) in this game. The kid is a bust. He was recruited to play WR three years ago and couldn't learn his routes in those 3 years, so he moved to DB. He will not crack the 3-deep ever at Florida State. In other words, he will play special teams for the rest of his career at FSU - and that's not a guarantee either.

AJ Alexander is NOT a cornerback. (Sorry, I read on Warchant and Seminole.com, that he had switched this fall) He is a wide receiver running with the 2'nd team in practices with Willie Haulstead and Christian Green. I don't know why a poster said to move him to cornerback. He has been a wide receiver since the end of last season. I would recommend changing him to Freshmen CB Terrence Brooks (# 31, 5-10/185).

Again, I'm wondering why the same person said to create Justin Bright and take JaJuan Harley out of the game (I have been suggesting this for a while now). Justin Bright was signed by FSU in hopes that it would lure Marcus Lattimore (top RB recruit on FSU's board last season) to Tallahassee because the two were close and went to school together. His only other D-1 offer was from Stanford. That's right, the kid only had two D-1 offers. While JaJuan Harley was a Top 250 recruit in the country with over 40 offers from across the country. He's also the most athletic kid on the team - ran a laser time 4.39 and posted a 41 inch vertical before summer practices started.

Terrance Parks should be the FS and Nick Moody should be the SS. It's true that both are listed correctly in the game but the game does not reflect WHY they're at those positions. The FS has the role of the SS in our defense, while the FS has the role of the SS. It's a complex scheme that a video game wouldn't understand so to have them have the correct assignments in the game they should be Moody (SS) and Parks (FS)

I would also change Cam Wade (will never play meaningful minutes, the last Jeff Bowden recruit on the roster) into Freshman WR Jared "Scooter" Haggins (# 36, 6-0, 180)

I plan on changing Ja'Baris Little to Freshman TE Will Tye, because Little has no place on this team. The staff does not trust him to play, but won't kick him so that they don't ruin their relationship with Lincoln H.S. in Tallahassee. You can keep him on the roster if you want, it's your roster set, just telling you what I plan on doing.

C Jacob Stanley is a walk-on. I would change him to AJ Ganguzza who's a scholarship player.

This is how the OL depth chart looks right now (when everyone is healthy)

LT - Datko, Sanderson, Faircloth
LG - Hudson, Orelus, Snider
C - McMahon, Ganguzza
RG - Spurlock, Stork, Snider
RT - Sanders, Faircloth, Greenlee *still rehabbin, but very talented*

Also, Orelus should be rated higher than Snider.

The weights and equipment are all back to default which pisses me off because I spent easily an hour + on fixing everything. I know you understand that feeling when you do all that hard work only to lose it.

Some major ones are...

DE's
Markus White 274
Toshmon Stevens 233
Bjoern Werner 280 (has been dominating this summer, high motor, strong, one intense *** German)
Brandon Jenkins 250
Jamar Jackson 256
Dan Hicks 260 (should be rated higher than Jackson, 2'nd team)

DT's
Jacobbi McDaniel 297
Everett Dawkins 284
Demonte McAllister 280 (should be rated higher too)
Darious Cummings 290 (ditto, was a Top 100 recruit)

LB's
Holmes Onwukaife 238
Kendall Smith 242
Jeff Luc 255
Mister Alexander 236
Christian Jones 232
Nigel Terrell 220

Safety
Terrance Parks 222

The entire OL is bigger too. Zebrie Sanders is 305 now, but he's the biggest + in weight. The others are just mainly in the 290's (interior line guys)

WR
Bert Reed 174
Kenny Shaw 170
Greg Dent 190
Christian Green 208 (should be A LOT higher, he was Top 30 overall in the country regardless of position)

Honestly; if you want me to re-do the Noles roster so that it's 100% accurate and reflects the actual team to present date with equipment, depth chart, who should be on the team and who shouldn't, just let me know. You can e-mail me at [email protected] like I said. This name will probably be banned by the time you can respond to it. Like I said, I work with the team, see them everyday on the field, know what they wear and what they can do, etc. I won't touch ratings, just edit who should be where and what they should wear.

Thanks for all the hard work DK, I know your rosters will be the GOAT based on your history on here. And to whoever messed up the FSU rosters to begin with.

Great we got a fellow Nole on the inside. Look forward to to hearing about the scrimmage.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

- Air Force WR Dillon Farley, you have it spelled 'Dylan' its Dillon
- Air Force OL Jacob Ehm is white
- Alfy Hill Bama OLB transfers to ECU
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »