Home

Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
Trent Richardson. You totally blew it dropping his strength! Did you not know he is considered one of the top 10 strongest in cfb? The strength coach at Alabama wont let him max because they are scared he might hurt himself! He works out benching 475lbs. This is why I think you will never get an accurate representation of the rosters. Check out this link.http://www.muscleprodigy.com/the-top...arcl-1753.html
I personally don't think any RB's should be the 80 strength range that is Offensive Line/Defensive Line territory

Basically you could take Richardson and move him to OL in the game and he'll hold up vs any DE or DT never being knocked backwards

The strength rating is actually one the most overated ratings in the game by EA usually a guy is rated 5-10 points higher only to boost up his overall ratings

Some of the strongest RB's in Madden if their combine #'s were utilized and the extra 5 point increase in order to boost up the overall

Stephen Jackson-71 strength
Cedric Benson-70 strength
Greg Jones-76 strength
Brandon Jacobs-75 strength

cparrish keep doing what your doing man....because that 80 strength is just a glorified way to jack up his rating....aslong as his trucking rating and break tackle ratings are high he'll operate like true power back without having offensive linemen strength tacked on top of it.

In fact EA only just started increasing the strength ratings recently to boost up the overall....I can show you some Power backs from NCAA 06 that never sniffed a 80 overall in that rating

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-05-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I personally don't think any RB's should be the 80 strength range that is Offensive Line/Defensive Line territory

Basically you could take Richardson and move him to OL in the game and he'll hold up vs any DE or DT never being knocked backwards

The strength rating is actually one the most overated ratings in the game by EA usually a guy is rated 5-10 points higher only to boost up his overall ratings

Stephen Jackson-71 strength
Cedric Benson-70 strength
Greg Jones-76 strength
Brandon Jacobs-75 strength
What do think the highest Strength for a RB to be
Old 07-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #27
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

You dont think!!! lol. So "80 strength is OL and DL line territory." Dude, hes stronger than most OL and DL!!! Did you not visit the link I posted? You obviously didnt watch the video clips if you did. Dropping his speed makes 0 sense either. So Im assuming there is no formula to your stats........only your opinion. Thats a total bummer. I think when people visit the link and see what you did with TR they arent going to have much faith in your "improvements" either.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
You dont think!!! lol. So "80 strength is OL and DL line territory." Dude, hes stronger than most OL and DL!!! Did you not visit the link I posted? You obviously didnt watch the video clips if you did. Dropping his speed makes 0 sense either. So Im assuming there is no formula to your stats........only your opinion. Thats a total bummer. I think when people visit the link and see what you did with TR they arent going to have much faith in your "improvements" either.
I'm not cparrish

cparrish has his own formula i'm not sure about all the details he uses

But i like to use Draftscout.com as much as possible and compaire the current players to those who have moved on from College

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=WR

You tend to find out just how much the game default rosters are overated each year by the getting the actual combine numbers of the top players the following year and then looking at how they were rated in NCAA

it's staggering to see how many players were overated in speed, strength, agility and jumping in order to get their overall ratings up high

Thats' why i use Draft Scout and for comparison i come close to the same numbers the guy over at FGBratings reflects on the NFL guys.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ange-game.html

Trust me i know some people like to see the higher ratings given out but if the data i find floating around doesn't support a 86 speed guy being a 92 speed guy or a 74 strength RB being rated a 80 strength i'm not going to give it to him.

You should read his site and it'll give you a good idea of how the ratings are applied by using Draft Scout Data....but again those who are not prepaired for guys to be rated with lower ratings just because it's their favorite player or team won't care very much for this system.

The beauty of all this is you can use anyone rosters you desire or use your own if you feel RB's should have 80 strength

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-06-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #29
Rookie

labballin24's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
In the title he says his changes are for an authentic "feel." He's not judging from their 40 times or weight lifts, but only from their play on the feel. Richardson doesn't need an 80 in strength to play like the bruising back that he is. His ratings seem to make it so that players will play more towards their tendencies and that some guys truly stand out.

Lattimore and Richardson still have much more BTK and Trucking than any other back and Richardson is still at 90 speed with elite acceleration which is quite enough to burn most defenses except this way you're not gonna get Richardson who is a bruiser with great breakaway speed mixed up with a straight up elusive runner like Lamichael James.

And if you don't want to play the way he suggests then its pretty easy just to ignore it, i don't think this is gonna have any factor in the communities roster.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #30
Banned

The lower ratings i dont mind as long as its balanced. Its the EA roster that has projected starters as the 3rd string that has me frustrated. This year EA went out of their way to make sure players here and there dont reflect the real players.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #31
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
The lower ratings i dont mind as long as its balanced. Its the EA roster that has projected starters as the 3rd string that has me frustrated. This year EA went out of their way to make sure players here and there dont reflect the real players.

I don't get this theory that everyone is talking about. There have always been issues with the rosters.

In a court of law, is it actually a defense for EA to say "if we're using player likenesses, look at #44 on Akron. We have him at LB and a 56 OVR but he's really a starting DE in real life."

Or for the plaintiffs, is it not enough to say "look at #2 on Ohio St. That is clearly Terrelle Pryor."

In my mind, if ONE player's likeness is used, then EA CAN be at fault (for the record I don't think they will lose any court case).

My point is: EA did not purposely screw up a few guys here and there because of court battles. There have always been roster issues because of the sheer number of players who need to be created.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I don't get this theory that everyone is talking about. There have always been issues with the rosters.

In a court of law, is it actually a defense for EA to say "if we're using player likenesses, look at #44 on Akron. We have him at LB and a 56 OVR but he's really a starting DE in real life."

Or for the plaintiffs, is it not enough to say "look at #2 on Ohio St. That is clearly Terrelle Pryor."

In my mind, if ONE player's likeness is used, then EA CAN be at fault (for the record I don't think they will lose any court case).

My point is: EA did not purposely screw up a few guys here and there because of court battles. There have always been roster issues because of the sheer number of players who need to be created.
It is exactly why they do this. Mainly because Sam Keller a QB from Arizona State tried to sue EA for player likeliness a few years ago. From 2006 and later the rosters have been fantastic and easy to edit. I know, ive been doing them since 2001.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »