Home

Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #49
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

Hey look, Im sorry if it sounds like Im being a tool. Thats certainly not how Im intending to come off. I just dont get dropping Trents speed or strength. As far as players bouncing back 2yds ( did you not see the Michigan State defender get knocked back 2yds). lol. Playmakers, I do understand BCV and IMO having watched everyone of TRs games, thats an area for improvement with him. Theres times he makes excellent cuts but there have been quite a few times he cut one way....or ran somebody over, yet had he cut the other way he would have had 6. If having the strength rating at 80 makes him not play right in the game, I can understand that, but comparing the guy to other RBs that he is easily stronger than, I dont. No homerism here, but this guy is an oddity, a rarity, a genetic freak, and I dont think some are getting that.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #50
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

What they are saying is everyone default EA ratings are jacked up. So with a 99 being the strongest player ever to play football. You still think Richardson should be able to stand toe to toe with 300 lb dline and oline players.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 9

lattimore does have some wiggle in his game. he's not a juke back but he has great vision, balance, and will make a lot of great subtle cuts that leads to broken tackles because the defender doesnt get a good angle on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #52
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

If 80 STR triggers more dragging defender animations, then I think Richardson should have that. I think he runs like a taller version of Jones-Drew.

Just like 90 SPC triggers better catch animations, I'd rather see a bunch of guys at 90+. I'd like to see the animations; superstars aren't the only guys who make great catches week in week out.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #53
Rookie

cap032's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
What they are saying is everyone default EA ratings are jacked up. So with a 99 being the strongest player ever to play football. You still think Richardson should be able to stand toe to toe with 300 lb dline and oline players.
If he was a 300lb guy, then yes! However he weighs 220 so the weight difference would make that a no. On that same line of questioning, How many RB's have ever worked out with 475 on the bench? lol. I bet none of the RBs that are currently in the NFL! I also bet Herschell Walker and none of the others playmakers, rates so highly have either. I wonder how many RB's have ever been the state of FLA weight lifting champion?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #54
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree with what your saying I also think everything listed in high school and college by coaches should be taken with a grain of salt. All coaches lie and over rate their players. So using default EA ratings which are always way over blown you really cant use what they rate players.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #55
Rookie

j_baker09's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
If 80 STR triggers more dragging defender animations, then I think Richardson should have that. I think he runs like a taller version of Jones-Drew.

Just like 90 SPC triggers better catch animations, I'd rather see a bunch of guys at 90+. I'd like to see the animations; superstars aren't the only guys who make great catches week in week out.
completely agree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #56
Rookie

cap032's Arena

I agree as well. If you want to make the guy play as he really does the strength nor speed should be touched. Your talikng about a guy who runs over, bounces off of, and carries multiple defenders on numerous occasions. He sure as heck isnt a finesse back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »