Home

Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking....

This is a discussion on Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking.... within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking....

Jacory can run very well. He just never does.

He might be the hardest player to rate.

He did play at Heisman consideration level and then tore his hand. Sadly EA can't make a player a 92 and a 72 and the game randomizes which one shows up.

Poor decision making is hard to replicate when 99% of the time the player is the one making the choices.

Ray Armstrong may very well be the best SS in the game. He's very high on Mel Kipers big board. Stephan Morris was slightly shafted, at the end of this season one of the QB’s will be at least an 89 rating.

I'm excited to see how Grooms developes.

Gilbert wasn’t rated on pure hype for UT either. He was a monster recruit who played very well in the national championship game, I don’t think anyone could have predicted UT’s 2010 season. Texas doesn’t ever have bad recruits.

Last edited by HurricaneXXIV; 07-15-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #34
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Jacory Harris isn't in the game...

He's probably rated so high because he has talent. He has great touch, great accuracy, we've seen that. But he also has terrible decision making. I'm not saying he is a great QB, but he has shown us he has the skills to be the starter for the team.

I'm not trying to stick up for him, but I think a big problem last year was Whipple. Most passes Harris threw were over 10 yards. Whipple did not believe in the short passing game and Jacory average like 30+ passes a game which is way too much with the backfield they had and the type of QB Harris is.

Had Whipple been a run first player and had Jacroy only throw around 25 times a game and have those passes be short passes the majority of the time, then we'd see a different Jacory I think. The only time Miami should have really gone deep was off the PA, but Whipple didn't believe in short passes, running the ball, or play action.

Again, I am not saying Harris is a great QB, but I am saying he has shown he has good talent and I think Whipple's offense was not good at all and no matter who the QB was, it wouldn't be that successful.

I think Jacory is rated so highly because he has good speed for a QB, a strong arm, and okay accuracy which will give him a high overall.
This is exactly what i was thinking. Jacory is a good QB but he doesnt always make the best decision. Its also a problem with EA's ratings which only counts talents and not the intangibles like consistency which would drop down the ratings of almost everyone in the game.

However, I did just play 3 games against FSU and it seems like the offensive line couldnt run block for the first 2 games but in the 3rd game Lamar Miller just took off and had at least 4 ten yard runs (ended up with 200+ yards).
Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #35
Rookie

As a TRUE Canes Fan I have to say we have some of the most UNLOYAL and ILL INFORMED fans in the entire CFB world! 89 is fair. He had 1 BAD YEAR! A year where he was not 100% healthy , where he gets pummeled, has a gunslinging OC that tries to fit square pegs in round holes, and on top of that he had to battle the divided coaching staff and locker room that was Miami Hurricane football last year and you guys throw him up under the bus. This kid is a WARRIOR he's given his entire body up for The U and you ingracious fans continually throw him under the bus. NO WAY was Jacory supposed to be playing after Clemson game in 09 with the torn tendon in his hand and all he did was CONTINUALLY lay it on the line EVERY week. But you dis him. Did you dis Spence last year? He had a HORRIBLE year as a sophomore, but I'm sure Sean gets a pass huh because he's not the QB. How about Forston who started so bad his sophomore year they redshirted him and shut him down after game 3 with 0 tackles. Yes Marcus was injured but I guess he gets a pass because we had enough DTs for them to shut him down but we only had 1 QB for 09 and 10 (remember Morris only played because of the dire situation at QB when Harris was hurt).

Show some real loyalty and not come here on a public forum and bash OUR GUYS because like it or not he WILL be the starting QB vs Maryland and I'll be at the game to watch him begin his return to greatness. I wonder if UNC fans did this to TJ Yates who stunk his junior year too, but lit it up his senior year. It can and WILL happen.

You guys kill me!

Last edited by bg1906; 07-15-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #36
Rookie

dneze52's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg1906
As a TRUE Canes Fan I have to say we have some of the most UNLOYAL and ILL INFORMED fans in the entire CFB world! 89 is fair. He had 1 BAD YEAR! A year where he was not 100% healthy , where he gets pummeled, has a gunslinging OC that tries to fit square pegs in round holes, and on top of that he had to battle the divided coaching staff and locker room that was Miami Hurricane football last year and you guys throw him up under the bus. This kid is a WARRIOR he's given his entire body up for The U and you ingracious fans continually throw him under the bus. NO WAY was Jacory supposed to be playing after Clemson game in 09 with the torn tendon in his hand and all he did was CONTINUALLY lay it on the line EVERY week. But you dis him. Did you dis Spence last year? He had a HORRIBLE year as a sophomore, but I'm sure Sean gets a pass huh because he's not the QB. How about Forston who started so bad his sophomore year they redshirted him and shut him down after game 3 with 0 tackles. Yes Marcus was injured but I guess he gets a pass because we had enough DTs for them to shut him down but we only had 1 QB for 09 and 10 (remember Morris only played because of the dire situation at QB when Harris was hurt).

Show some real loyalty and not come here on a public forum and bash OUR GUYS because like it or not he WILL be the starting QB vs Maryland and I'll be at the game to watch him begin his return to greatness. I wonder if UNC fans did this to TJ Yates who stunk his junior year too, but lit it up his senior year. It can and WILL happen.

You guys kill me!
I don't think they are bashing their guys i think they are just giving their honest unbiased opinion. Just because it is your team doenst mean you have to praise everyone on the team. Jacory Harris is a great QB but i can see how some people have a problem with his 89 rating.
MLB-Los Doyers
NHL-Kings
MMA-John Bones Jones
Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg1906

You guys kill me!
One of the dumbest rants I have ever read.

Lets start it off now. Forston was not criticized because the man was hurt after the first game of his sophomore year and had to get a medical red-shirt. Tough to criticize the guy when he can't even get on the field.

Second, people were not ripping into Sean Spence because he was playing out of position. He was playing at strong side linebacker where he was too small to play at his best. Last year he played at weak side linebacker like when he did his freshman year and guess what he flourished.

Lastly on Jacory. No 'Cane fan is complaining about his heart. We are complaining about his DECISION MAKING. Was he hurt his sophomore year? Yes he was so lets not count the last few games of the year, even though he sucked against VT.

Last year he played HORRIFIC. I don't believe he had one good game besides the one at FAMU. Did Whipple call a lot of pass plays at the wrong moments? Yes he did but it doesn't excuse Jacory from throwing into triple coverage. Literally triple coverage. Not only this but he lofts the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME. He throws with no zip on the ball whatsoever

Not only is his decision making on the field terrible but his off the field choices are poor.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #38
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHurricane1
One of the dumbest rants I have ever read.

Lets start it off now. Forston was not criticized because the man was hurt after the first game of his sophomore year and had to get a medical red-shirt. Tough to criticize the guy when he can't even get on the field.

Second, people were not ripping into Sean Spence because he was playing out of position. He was playing at strong side linebacker where he was too small to play at his best. Last year he played at weak side linebacker like when he did his freshman year and guess what he flourished.

Lastly on Jacory. No 'Cane fan is complaining about his heart. We are complaining about his DECISION MAKING. Was he hurt his sophomore year? Yes he was so lets not count the last few games of the year, even though he sucked against VT.

Last year he played HORRIFIC. I don't believe he had one good game besides the one at FAMU. Did Whipple call a lot of pass plays at the wrong moments? Yes he did but it doesn't excuse Jacory from throwing into triple coverage. Literally triple coverage. Not only this but he lofts the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME. He throws with no zip on the ball whatsoever

Not only is his decision making on the field terrible but his off the field choices are poor.

This +100000. And the best thing you said was that he tries to left the ball every single time. The lobs everyone of his deep balls like he has manning like finesse even when he is throwing into double coverage. Everyone knows whipple called horrible plays but he did not throw the ball. Two of the picks he threw against Notre Dame came from him trying to lob the ball over the middle.

Does he have the ability to be great yes. But his decision making his to greatly improve and as a QB that is one of the most important things you can have. If you dont have that it dont matter how fast or strong or accurate your arm is.

When i first turned the game on i went straight to see how Mia ratings are and when I seen jacory harris ratings I told my friend that was next to me that he is over rated. As a Mia fan i will say that EA tends to show Mia and even FSU love every year
Old 07-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #39
Rookie

EA isn't the only one showing Miami love. Look into the NFL draft over the past few seasons. Talent wise there is very few programs that can keep up. Sadly no one has been able to put it to good use.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #40
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricane182
i kno this is a little off topic but what are ur expectations for the canes this year. I think they will be an 11 win team like 11-2, with an acc championship becuase besides FSU there is no team that mathces them in talent and now with Golden i belive there wont be any let down games.
Canes fan since 81 here.

With this team it is show me don't tell me. They have shown no killer instinct and are a far cry from the great, very good and good Hurricane teams of the past. 11 wins?

Your real optimistic. They have not shown they can win big games on the road for the most part. Now I like Jacory Harris. He is a great kid, smart, great leader and can play ball. He needs better coaching and a running game and he will be fine.

Let's see if Golden can turn it around. I like him and I think he can. But let's get 9 wins first and get to an ACC title game. We have not been able to do even that.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-16-2011 at 02:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »