Home

Sliders for HFA OFF players.

This is a discussion on Sliders for HFA OFF players. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2005, 09:06 PM   #25
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Sliders for HFA OFF players.

Do you use sm27's sim fix conservative/aggression fix when playing the CPU or just jukeman's? These sound good, I'm tempted to start my dynasty over, b/c every game was a shoot-out. Either I blew out the CPU, or they run me off the field. I could live with the HUM passing game, but I could run all over the CPU, and they could throw it deep on me whenever they wanted.
I am concerned about your running sliders, but I'll give it a shot.

Who do you play with? A lot of people make sliders for smaller schools. I play with Ohio State. I'd like to dominate inferior opponents most of the time (it doesn't happen IRL, but a guy can dream can't he?). I'd also like to play close games against an equal opponent. I don't want to get ran off the field by Texas or Michigan, but I don't want to beat the Longhorns 66-28 like I did in my current dynasty. I guess my point is what is it that I have to do to get "realistic" results?

P.S. Do the Offensive Lineman have crazy pancakes. I had 130+ with Rob Sims. He's a good lineman, but that's insane.

Last edited by coopgang; 10-14-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #26
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgang
Do you use sm27's sim fix conservative/aggression fix when playing the CPU or just jukeman's? These sound good, I'm tempted to start my dynasty over, b/c every game was a shoot-out. Either I blew out the CPU, or they run me off the field. I could live with the HUM passing game, but I could run all over the CPU, and they could throw it deep on me whenever they wanted.
I am concerned about your running sliders, but I'll give it a shot.

Who do you play with? A lot of people make sliders for smaller schools. I play with Ohio State. I'd like to dominate inferior opponents most of the time (it doesn't happen IRL, but a guy can dream can't he?). I'd also like to play close games against an equal opponent. I don't want to get ran off the field by Texas or Michigan, but I don't want to beat the Longhorns 66-28 like I did in my current dynasty. I guess my point is what is it that I have to do to get "realistic" results?

P.S. Do the Offensive Lineman have crazy pancakes. I had 130+ with Rob Sims. He's a good lineman, but that's insane.
Hey,

I play with Ms. State using these sliders and I do indeed use sm27's
aggressive/conservative settings when playing my games. I feel the CPU
plays more realistic using his settings. They don't chunk up as many deep
balls and don't blitz as much which to me makes the cpu tougher to beat.
If you play a vastly inferior team with my sliders you will blow them out.

If you use sm27's sliders, jukeman's offensive pass/run tweaks for played games, and my gameplay sliders you should have realistic stats and scores.
You do need to turn off HFA or things will never be realistic in my experience.

Good Luck
Old 10-17-2005, 08:42 AM   #27
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Thought I'd put my sliders to the test so....

Before this game I was 2-4 using MS State in my dynasty. I have won/lost to the
exact same teams as the real life Dawgs. I just finished my next dynasty
game against the Houston Cougars(which the real dawgs play next Sat).
It was the strangest game I've had all season, a real odd one.

Houston came out and grabbed a 10 to nothing lead on their first two possessions.
I then hit a big pass and pulled within 3(10-7). I held them and then fumbled
the freakin punt and they scored(17-7). I then drove the field and thru a pick
in the end zone(heart breaker). Houston took over on the 5 yrd line. I held them
to 3rd and long and got a pick myself and ran it in for a touch(17-14). A few
possessions later I kicked a 43 yard FG to tie things up. With one min left in
the 2nd quarter I hit another big pass and took a 24-17 lead.
I couldn't believe I was leading at half time because I had -4 yards rushing.
I've never ran so bad before, but my passing game was on fire, much better
than normal. 3rd quarter started and I continued to attempt to run...
Finally I broke a big one, Norwood runs for 40+ yards. After that my line
started taking over and I ended up with 135 total rushing yards.
Houston never got back in the game. They scored a late touch to pull within
10 but it was too late by then. Very strange game...

Anyway, I thought I'd post the stats/outcome and then next Sat we can see
if the real life game is anywhere near my results. I really doubt it will be
considering the real life MS State is searching for a offense. But who knows...
Maybe they will find it next Sat against the Cougars...

Code:

Team                   Houston                    MS State(ME)
Score                      27                             37
First Downs              19                             18
Total O                    399                           366
Rushes/Yds             33/187                        40/135
Comp/Att/TD           20-39-1                       11-20-1
Pass Yds                  212                            231
Sacked                     1                              1
Turnovers                  2                             3
Fumb/Lost                3-1                           2-1
Int                          1                              2
T.O.P.                    16:11                        15:49
One thing to keep in mind, Mario Bobo was my MVP. He made the early pick
and ran it in for a touch. he forced a fumble also and had 5 tackles.
Bobo is MS State's real life FS but has been put on suspension.
So the real life Dawgs will be playing next week without Bobo...

Anyway, ought to be fun to see if the real game looks anything like my game.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #28
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Hey,

I play with Ms. State using these sliders and I do indeed use sm27's
aggressive/conservative settings when playing my games. I feel the CPU
plays more realistic using his settings. They don't chunk up as many deep
balls and don't blitz as much which to me makes the cpu tougher to beat.
If you play a vastly inferior team with my sliders you will blow them out.

If you use sm27's sliders, jukeman's offensive pass/run tweaks for played games, and my gameplay sliders you should have realistic stats and scores.
You do need to turn off HFA or things will never be realistic in my experience.

Good Luck
Mood,
What about the sim games do you keep Jukeman% the same for sim games and played games or do you change them back to Sim27% after you play that team?

Sorry to be confused.

Racerx
Old 10-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #29
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

Thats awesome M00d. Like I said before, these sliders play to actual real life. For example I am Minnesota and I am 5-1... the exact same record up to the Wisconsin game. I loss to Penn State 22-17. And then beat Michigan the next week for the Lil Brown Jug, with a score of 21-17. So far I have beat every team Minnesota has in real life, its frickin awesome. So If this will continue, then my next game I should lose to Wisconsin. So again we'll find out if these sliders are indeed fortune tellers.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #30
Rookie

dawgdan7280's Arena

OVR: 4

Has anyone tried these at all with HFA on. These sliders sound great but I just hate to give up the added atmosphere. I'll do what I gotta do though to get the realism.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:37 PM   #31
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Sliders for HFA OFF players.

M00d, YOU ARE THE MAN! I just had a classic 4OT heart breaking loss to Texas with Ohio State. I've never been so happy after a loss. Most of the times on this game, you get blown out in an unrealistic fashion. I started my dyansty over with your sliders and dominated Miami (OH) like I should have, but the Texas game was fantastic. I don't have any stats, but trust me, it was great.

I had a tough time getting a consistent running game against their great D-Line, I broke a few runs here and there, but most of my yards came from scrambling with Troy Smith. I had some success passing against their secondary, but they picked me 3 times (all my fault). I believe I was 20-41, 240 yds, and 3 INTs.

They ran on me pretty well in the 1st qtr until I made adjustments. Young had trouble throwing until late in the 3rd, when he and Limas Sweed got it going. I moved the ball pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but had nothing but 3 FGs and a thrown INT in the endzone at the end of the first half (from inside their 5) to show for my ball movement. A.J. Hawk and Bobby Carpenter were BEASTS (as expected), each recording more than 11 tackles.

The end of regulation was crazy. With me up 16-13, They drove the ball down to my 3 with 1:30 left, but a great goaline stand led by Hawk and Co. held them to a FG. I got the ball with 2 timeouts and drove the ball to their 30, bad playcalling led to me having to kick the field goal from their 33 w/:06 left, and I was short by about 5 yards.

We traded TDs in the first 2 OTs and held each other to FGs in the 3rd. I got the ball for the 4th OT and was facing 3rd down. Pressure from their line caused me to scramble where I spotted Maurice Wells running towards the right sideline. I was sure I had the first and threw it to him. One problem...I didn't see Aaron Harris spying Troy Smith, and he leaped up for the INT. Texas then got fancy and chose a HB Pass to David Thomas who broke a tackle and ran it in for the score.

What I loved about this game was that it was a defensive game, even though the final score was high (due to the 4OT). Even when I had good games with my previous sliders, there was WAAAAY too much offense.
If all the games can be this realistic AND fun, I will follow your sliders forever. Great job.
Texas 39
Ohio State 33 (me) in 4OT

Last edited by coopgang; 10-18-2005 at 09:52 PM. Reason: omission
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 08:04 PM   #32
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgang
What I loved about this game was that it was a defensive game, even though the final score was high (due to the 4OT). Even when I had good games with my previous sliders, there was WAAAAY too much offense.
If all the games can be this realistic AND fun, I will follow your sliders forever. Great job.
Texas 39
Ohio State 33 (me) in 4OT
This is the sole purpose why I use these. Not only does it make the defense a part of the game, it forces you to make good plays in order to score. And when you do score it makes you feel like you earned it. So far I have had 4 Greatest Games with these sliders. The only thing I am noticing is that my defense is one of the best in the country, because I usually hold the opposing offense to around 250 yds total. I hardly ever see the CPU put up 300+ on me. I don't know if I'm just good, or what. Also I throw about 2-3 picks a game which is getting frustrating. So up till this point my QB (Cupito of Minnesota) is 12/12 in TD to Int ratio. The computer also throws around 2 picks a game. So not really sure if I should make adjustments or just keep on. And about these being realistic and fun, is the reason I have come back to this game. EACH game feels and plays just right. Again Kudos to you m00d!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »