Home

Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG

This is a discussion on Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Mizzou79's AA Sliders (Xbox Dynasty Log) LONG

Hey mizzou,

these look pretty good. Should we change the team run/pass settings back to default after we play them or change those for every team at the start of the dynasty? I'm wondering about the sim stats with these changed.
Thanks.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #10
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'll give this a whirl in the next few days when I get some time.

I'm growing very frustrated with making my own sliders so I figured I'll try someone elses for a change of pace and see if I can pick up anything I like to add to mine.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played my dynasty with San Diego St. with every teams run/pass ratio at 59% run 41% pass. The problem I found with leaving them at default was teams with under 55% run would NEVER run the ball. The reason why I believe is because the ratio's do not take into account the difference of running and passing plays in each playbook. Passing plays outnumber the running plays by a large margin.

In my calculations with some random teams trying to balance it out so it would be a 50/50 chance the CPU would run or pass, it came out to around 58-60% run.

The other reason why I set all teams the same was because if you set a team with a great running back ( say California or Texas ) to 80% run 20% pass, the RB for that team would win the heisman every single year as long as he didnt get hurt. The same thing happened with QB's when setting it to 20% run 80% pass. It just seemed like an unfair advantage some teams had with the simulating of stats due to the run ratio being higher (65% +).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

I gave these a whirl for two exhibition games (OSU v. Texas, played one game at each stadium) and I found it way to easy to on offense, especially passing.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #13
Rookie

Did you happen to record your stats for the games you used them with Ehh? (And did you use the sliders from the third post from the top? With Qb Accuracy at 30)
Old 09-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

the one major question i have is do tthese work with the ps2?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #15
Rookie

I assume the Xbox and PS2 versions of the game are the same. (I dont think my sliders would work well on the XBox 360.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou79
Did you happen to record your stats for the games you used them with Ehh? (And did you use the sliders from the third post from the top? With Qb Accuracy at 30)
I did in fact use an outdated version. I've been using the latest ones and I must say these are far and away the best sliders I've ever had for an NCAA Football game.

It seems like there is absolutely no cheesy plays on either side of the ball for the CPU or myself. It's no longer a shootout against top quality opponents, but it's also not impossible to move the ball.

I spent Year 4 of my PSU dynasty with theaub's sliders with some of my tweaks. I'm not bashing theaub's set because many people enjoy them, but for me I found that every game was the same, whether I was playing Ohio State on the road or hosting Northwestern. Individual player ratings seemed irrelevant, 72 overall OL would consistently own my 97 over DL.

With your sliders I feel like all the players perform as they should. In Year 5 with PSU my team is an A+ in all three categories (O,D, ST) and they play like it against average teams. I destroy most opponents outside of the Top 25. But I also have great (and fair!) games against Top 10 teams. I played at Ohio State and won 21-17 in one of the best games I've ever had on any console.

Most importantly, when I played my roomate last night (he's ND in the same dynasty) it wasn't a shootout. Last year he beat me 64-62 in 3OT. There was zero defense, no matter what plays you called. Last night #3 Penn State won at #2 Notre Dame 14-10.

He put together a great opening drive to go up 7-0, and I followed up with a fumble on an option play which he recovered. A short drive led to a FG and a 10-0 lead. Then my A+ defense stepped up and didn't allow a point the rest of the game - including two red zone interceptions!

And as for my offense (that includes a 99 overall QB with 90 for speed and the leading Heisman candidate - my 97 overall RB) struggled all night. I mananged to get in the endzone on a short TD pass with :07 left in the half. 10-7 at the break.

The entire second half was a defensive struggle. I finally scored on a 22 yard post-corner with :50 left in the game. He actually completed a long pass down to my 7 yard line but time ran out as he had no more TO's.

Right now I'm 10-0 and my roomate is 8-2 (he lost to LSU the game after our head-to-head matchup) but seeing as I'm an A+ overall with sick skill position players it's not unrealstic that I'm 10-0, especially since I don't blow out great competition. We should finish up the season tonight then I think I'm going to UConn or Vanderbilt for a challenge. I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing your sliders along w. me. Great work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »