Home

Varsity Sliders - NOT the only way to fix the CPU INT problem...

This is a discussion on Varsity Sliders - NOT the only way to fix the CPU INT problem... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #49
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Varsity Sliders - NOT the only way to fix the CPU INT problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
How much will awareness effect Interceptions. Do you think having it at 0 is the best fix or does it play better at other settings.

I really want turnovers to be a GAME CHANGING event, not a regular happenstance.
Awareness has the biggest effect on INTs imo. At 0, INTs should be reduced. Should have bought a PS3 so you could test out the patch.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #50
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
How much will awareness effect Interceptions. Do you think having it at 0 is the best fix or does it play better at other settings.

I really want turnovers to be a GAME CHANGING event, not a regular happenstance.
I honestly do not know. I haven't spent any time playing with it. I've spent all of my time tweaking the QB to this point. I'll probably end up leaving it at zero.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #51
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This is a very interesting point you and fistofrage bring up. I have set both knockdowns to 0 based on my experience with how the cpu reacts. I do notice that my safeties are often playing soft and getting too many picks. I will try increasing the human knockdown slider and see how that affects things. With human knockdown at 100, how do you see the human DBs playing? Do they warp to the ball a lot? (I'm sticking with AA though.)
I can't speak for AA, but on Heisman putting knockdown at 100 hasn't been an issue for me. Like I said, 6 games into my dynasty I had zero INT's as a team. I think having it low would be a problem, as the CPU QB would be unstoppable, regardless of the QBA slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2007, 01:01 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Awareness has the biggest effect on INTs imo. At 0, INTs should be reduced. Should have bought a PS3 so you could test out the patch.
A wise guy, Eh. I have actually never seen this "Warp" people speak of. What I have seen is defenders breaking on the ball and picking it off. BUT, you have to throw a pass to the curl receiver just as he starts to come back to the ball. If he completes his route and is standing there flat footed, the DB will break on the ball and pick it off. You have to throw your outs as the receiver breaks. If you throw the out or curl late, tis going to get picked.

The Int's that I seem to get are from bad reads by the AI. they seem to force the ball sometimes and my DB's do sem a little to good at making plays sometimes. I hate to say it is what it is, but when Int sliders set to 0, still give you multiple picks a game, then it is what it is. 0 slider should mean 0 chance of making a pick.

I have actually think that I have determined what the slider values mean. I basically think they affect your ability 10 points either way. At least I was positive on this for the PS2. For example, if you had a 87 speed TB and had RB ability slider maxed at a hundred, he would now have speed of 97. Now I am not sure, but I think everything maxes out at 100. So if you had a 94 speed TB and maxed the RB sider, he now has a speed of 100(not 104). So the issue with that is that now a 90 speed TB is in essence the same, because they are now both at 100.

So to keep the great players separated from the good players and good players separated from the marginal players, you are better off lowering sliders. Because now if you take your 94 speed RB and put RB ability down to 0, he now runs at 84 speed, the 90 speed TB at 80, so you can still have differentiation.

Kind of a rant, but you are always better off lowering sliders to fix a problem than raising sliders to fix a problem. Sometimes its unavoidable, but always try to fix the issues by lowerinmg things instead of raising things. This is why I have AI pass block low instead of Break block and AI run block maxed to fix the wall of steel protection that the AI gets. This is why I feel its better to lower Human Awareness than to Raise AI passing and AI running, etc.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #53
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think the human punt length slider is completely broken. I don't think changing that changes anything. Some of these sliders really need to have more of an exagerrated effect.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I think the human punt length slider is completely broken. I don't think changing that changes anything. Some of these sliders really need to have more of an exagerrated effect.
It does on the Xbox 360, about 1 yard per every 5 to 10 points. At 5 my punts were going 37 yards from the LOS, at 40, they were going 43 yards with the Cincy punter.

The problem with punt returning is that I can get 20 to 30 yards every time. There is so much that is broken with this game that they really need to do a complete overhaul if they want to get it up to that 9+ scoring range. So the best thing to do is to just play it and enjoy it. The best way I know how to do this is to play a few seasons with 4 or 5 schools in your dynasty and compare numbers. Take Arkansas and McFadden and see if he puts up better numbers than the Vanderbilt running back. When you start seeing differences between players you control, it gets interesting. When McFadden pulls off things that other backs just can't, thats when I start to enjoy the game. It puts things in perspective. If McFadden runs for 2500 yards, you might think that your sliders need adjusting, but wait the Vandy back had only 950 yards with comparable carries. As long as your sliders provide differentiation between great players and average players and your scores are fairly on spot, thats about the best you can get from this game. Just enjoy it for what it is this year and pray that they clean up their act for 2009.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:06 PM   #55
MVP

parker002's Arena

I don't know.

I have punt length at 0 and have for a long time. I still see ALOT of booming punts.

The punt accuracy slider works very well, the punt length slider doesn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

I'll look at my punt slider tonight, but I was outkicking the coverage, lowered it, and the punts decreased in distance. I don't really care though about the punt slider, its the least of my concerns.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »