Home

Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

This is a discussion on Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you "KNOW" you can hit a slant every time on 3rd and 8 because you have the Speed Threshold to 0 then that is not SIM football. One of the most glaring problems this game has had over the years has been Speed>All, by setting the speed threshold to 0 you are returning to that philosophy.

I'm not trying to tell you how to play your game, but I am saying that if you are going to walk into a discussion about sim football and say you can reliably run "X" play in "Y" situation for "Z" yards because of the setting of "A" then you are bringing a gun to a knife fight.
Yup and you know what I have been on the other side of the fence for a while but ORAEON was right and im glad to admit that 65 threshold is absolutely amazing I changed it in my slider set and give him full credit because this stuff plays great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #26
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

Last year (and years before), I wouldn't dare lower the speed threshold to zero because speed was the absolute deciding factor in pass completions and big runs. This year is different; there are so many other factors that effect how a play develops, that it is safe to lower the speed threshold to zero and not get burnt.

A question though to all the 0 threshold users: Do you increase the cpu coverage slider so they play smarter? I feel the need to only because sometimes they just do dumb stuff like play man-to-man coverage on the head coach as opposed to covering the running back who ran to the flats.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #27
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
Last year (and years before), I wouldn't dare lower the speed threshold to zero because speed was the absolute deciding factor in pass completions and big runs. This year is different; there are so many other factors that effect how a play develops, that it is safe to lower the speed threshold to zero and not get burnt.

A question though to all the 0 threshold users: Do you increase the cpu coverage slider so they play smarter? I feel the need to only because sometimes they just do dumb stuff like play man-to-man coverage on the head coach as opposed to covering the running back who ran to the flats.
yeah, Salute's (zero threshold originator) pass coverage sliders are @ 100 for each user/cpu...don't ask me bruh, but they balance out

Last edited by Motown; 08-03-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #28
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you "KNOW" you can hit a slant every time on 3rd and 8 because you have the Speed Threshold to 0 then that is not SIM football. One of the most glaring problems this game has had over the years has been Speed>All, by setting the speed threshold to 0 you are returning to that philosophy.

I'm not trying to tell you how to play your game, but I am saying that if you are going to walk into a discussion about sim football and say you can reliably run "X" play in "Y" situation for "Z" yards because of the setting of "A" then you are bringing a gun to a knife fight.
That's what I was saying. It's the reason why I don't play on zero an have switched to 65. An on zero the CPU receivers burn my guys to. Almost to the point of u can see it but you can't stop it. Not realistic to me. I like 65, didn't think I would because of the I'm menu description, but I do.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #29
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
That's what I was saying. It's the reason why I don't play on zero an have switched to 65. An on zero the CPU receivers burn my guys to. Almost to the point of u can see it but you can't stop it. Not realistic to me. I like 65, didn't think I would because of the I'm menu description, but I do.
so WRs don't burn CBs in real life? hmm
Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #30
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
so WRs don't burn CBs in real life? hmm
LOL, I agree with ya Motown....

You guys need to understand something people say the NFL is fast, but I think College football is just as fast, my opinion.

Keep reading this over and over again
The minimum threshold slider adjusts the speed of the fastest and the slowest players. If you put the slider lower, it makes the fast players faster and the slow players slower. If you put the slider higher, it makes the fast players slower and the slow players faster. It basically changes the speed difference of the players.

Now Lets get to Threshold, first and for most I play on Normal speed because I think the game feels and play the best at normal. Now Threshold I have set to zero for two reasons. One- it feels just right and Two- is the most realistic IMO.

I can see where guys have there threshold below 50, that's cool with me, because it makes the game better. Now I have tried Threshold hold at many different levels even the settings over 50. Now the game just doesn't play right with threshold over 50, again my opinion.

This is coming from lost of testing, at 65 I had CB and Safeties sating with my 95 and faster receivers, now that just not real for me nor cool. I want to beat the slower CB and SS and I want my 93 speed RB beating the 82 speed LB and Vice Verse for the AI doing it to me. That's real to me, College football is a wide open game and that's how it is played every week. The fact that guys using 65 is just not real to me, 65 will now make those slower players now keep up with your faster players much easier and Vice Verse to me is unrealistic. I want my fast players stay true to there speed and I want the AI's fast players staying true to there speed. This will then just make the game better for me, cause now it forces me to doubble a guy or play back on my Defense with my safeties and CB's against those fast receivers, it just makes you pick plays better and understand the game better.

Just think of my theory and try to understand why ZERO is the best.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25

Playing with Threshold at Zero and using PMs Varsity sliders with some tweaks to the CPUs side...At Zero, i have scored 55..68 and 74pts with PITT. Throwing for over 400yds and rushing for over 300yds in each game.

Gave up 40...47 and 41 pts in those 3 games. So if you keeping track, thats FINAL scores of 55-40...68-47 and 74-41...Goofy to say the least. Most drives are 3-4 plays and GONE for the TD.

8mins BTW....Zero makes the gap in speed too much for my taste.

At 35...None of the above was happening especially in back to back to back games.

Played Cinn, LSU and WV....

What sliders are u guys using with ZERO threshold? I ask mainly due to the fact mine are heavily favoring the CPU. Prior to changing the threshold, i was not seeing scores like the ones i listed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #32
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Playing with Threshold at Zero and using PMs Varsity sliders with some tweaks to the CPUs side...At Zero, i have scored 55..68 and 74pts with PITT. Throwing for over 400yds and rushing for over 300yds in each game.

Gave up 40...47 and 41 pts in those 3 games. So if you keeping track, thats FINAL scores of 55-40...68-47 and 74-41...Goofy to say the least. Most drives are 3-4 plays and GONE for the TD.

8mins BTW....Zero makes the gap in speed too much for my taste.

At 35...None of the above was happening especially in back to back to back games.

Played Cinn, LSU and WV....

What sliders are u guys using with ZERO threshold? I ask mainly due to the fact mine are heavily favoring the CPU. Prior to changing the threshold, i was not seeing scores like the ones i listed.
My man, no matter how you cut the cheese, I doesn't matter what slider set your using, at the end of the day you are still playing on Varsity.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »