Home

Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

This is a discussion on Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #153
Rookie

BoiseState07's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

Just got the game yesterday and set all the sliders and team coaching philosophies last night (took forever), after I got home from work and did all that it was already 8:30 and I hadn't even played a game yet.

I started a dynasty with Boise St so my first game was against Va Tech. Granted it's been a while since I'd picked up the controller to play some NCAA (been addicted to FIFA lately), but I gotta say spending a couple hours tweaking the settings was AWESOME. I actually went to the Boise St/VA Tech game, granted on NCAA they play the game in Blacksburg, and it was really played in D.C. but wow I didn't expect the sliders to be as effective as they were and it was great! VA Tech came at me from all angles and got a lot of pressure on me, which I'd expect with Beamer ball and all.

Couple of the main things I noticed with the sliders being set to the first post on here:

1) My secondary had quite a few balls thrown right to them and it was like alligator arms all over. I did manage to pick one ball off but that was a floater in the end zone cuz I got to Tyrod Taylor right as he released it. I haven't done a ton of digging to see how effective my DB's are at interceptions, but a couple were blatantly obvious they should have been caught.

2) Unless I was blitzing, I practically never got pressure on the QB. Once again VA Tech is obviously the Goliath, but unless I'm missing something it seems I very rarely get to the QB unless i'm bringing an extra 1 or 2 guys. I like to play defensive end and try and get by or spin or swim, all seems to be in vein. Could just be cuz VA Tech's OL is pretty stellar, but it was very cool to see what would happen sometimes when I did get pressure on Taylor with the crazy thrown balls and panicy tosses that would overshoot the WR by 10 yds.

3) The dropped balls kill! But that's a good thing. I don't know how many times I was yelling at the TV cuz my TE missed a ball thrown right to him, but that's why they're TE's I guess! Then they'd make a sweet play on the sideline the next play to catch the ball going out of bounds. It's ok though, it's great realism I think. Drops happen.

4) The last thing was just how easy it seemed for VA Tech to get pressure on me. Their DL would constantly be pressuring me out of the pocket, and my OL isn't exactly bad. But it all adds to the challenge, who wants to just drop back and throw bombs all game long? It's pretty good.

5) The thing I really noticed, and think it has nothing to do with sliders, just wondering if anyone else sees this. The play action takes FOREVER to develop it seems. Has anyone seen this or felt this? I feel like I'm in slow motion waiting for the RB to get out of the way so I can scramble or do what I need to do, by the time he's out I'm pretty much toast.

Overall, these sliders rock. I might tweak my Interceptions a bit and see what happens because it's just painful when you're fighting for every chance
to get ahead and your guys drop balls that hit them right in the numbers. Maybe my O-line blocking as well, but it could just be because i'm playing VA Tech. I'll have to wait and see.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #154
MVP

OVR: 13

Still the best sliders. Took a break with NBA2k11 and picked up my SDS dynasty, and had my #2 greatest game ever vs Utah that went into double OT.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #155
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Still the best sliders. Took a break with NBA2k11 and picked up my SDS dynasty, and had my #2 greatest game ever vs Utah that went into double OT.
are you using version 1.9 or the set on the first page?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #156
Rookie

dmoney219's Arena

OVR: 1

How do these work with Two Player Versus game
Old 11-18-2010, 01:05 AM   #157
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

They can work with user vs user games, but are not recommended. These are tested for user vs cpu.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Old 11-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #158
Rookie

dmoney219's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
They can work with user vs user games, but are not recommended. These are tested for user vs cpu.
Cool.......Thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #159
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6

I like these sliders. With these, playmakers will show up to games. I'm actually glad to see my #1 WR getting most of the yardage instead of my #2 or #3 guy. I played Utah State with Oklahoma and had an overall nice game. Murray went for 100+ easily and repeatedly got 9-10 yard runs. Broyles got tons of receptions. Landry Jones was about 14/27 but had 250+ yards with 3 touchdowns and no interceptions. It still frustrates me however that I got sacked 4 times. I still want to see the receivers dominating the cornerbacks along with my offensive line giving me time like they should but right now they aren't. CBs are very good with these sliders and play action is a guaranteed sack.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #160
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Final 2.1 version is posted on the first page. This will probably be my final release, unless EA releases another patch or tuner set (unlikely), or I decide to make one more update to boost cpu run game. Hope you enjoy these sliders as much as I have!
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 11-27-2010 at 02:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »